Notices

Injector Issues!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector Issues!!!

Well, I have read the topics using a search, and I have posted before about the best injectors, but why in the world are RC injectors so much more than everyone else? I am looking at $740 for 4-720 cc injectors form RC, Greddy going through a group buy 4-720cc $384, then I was just looking at another set on www.dsm-performance.com and I am only looking at about $500 for 4 there. Is RC really that much better? If so, why don't we get a groupbuy together and see if we can't work a deal with RC. I have read about a ton of people here wishing to upgrade their injectors, why not pull together and try to see if we can't help each other save some cash? Let me know if anyone would be interested and I haven't even contacted RC yet, this was just an idea I had. If we get enough people, I think it might end up being an awesome deal!

gsr*lude
Old 08-28-2001, 09:50 PM
New User

Default Re: Injector Issues!!! (gsr*lude)

good idea man......if you can set it up that would be great! i'd definitely be in.

keep me updated.

jase
Old 08-29-2001, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injector Issues!!! (JaEz)

Cool, I will email them and see what I can do. I just moved to VA from J-Ville. How is everything down their?
Old 08-29-2001, 08:39 PM
New User

wassup man......its boring as usually over here, juss waitin to go to nopi.

nobody else would be interested on tryin to set this up??

jase
Old 08-30-2001, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injector Issues!!! (JaEz)

I have written RC, and when I get an answer from them, I will either start a group buy or just let it go away. Where abouts in J-Ville do you live? I lived down off San Pablo and Beach. Then we moved down to Ponte Vedra. I had a good time while I was there, and I plan to move back!

gsr*lude
Old 09-02-2001, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just wanted everyone to know I am still working it, I will cal their office on Tuesday.

Old 09-02-2001, 11:01 PM
New User

Just curious... What are your future plans, setup wise? Those are some awfully big injectors....
Old 09-03-2001, 05:26 AM
New User

Default Re: Injector Issues!!! (ill logic)

whats up gsr lude im in virginia beach too. maybe we can meet up sometime. but anyways im thinking about getting bigger injectors also with my future turbo plans.
Old 09-03-2001, 05:34 AM
New User

Default Re: Injector Issues!!! (B18C-RnVA)

oh yeah maybe you can come and see WTF is wrong with my tranny....lol
Old 09-03-2001, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Injector Issues!!! (B18C-RnVA)

Yeah those are some big injectors...why so high. I need injectors as well, but only 550's. I plan to run the Hondata stage 4 and upto 20psi (built motor) . I will have some 310 Rc's available if someone wants them for a small fee of course
Old 09-03-2001, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injector Issues!!! (98Psi ITR)

Well, I contacted my local Hondata dealership and I was going to go with the 550's, but they said that they would be able to get more HP out of the 720's. If you go to their site, they have a Civic/GSR hybrid that only had 550's in it, and they would have gotten a lot more HP out of it if they had bigger injectors. I agree that 720 sounds kinda big, but I was assured that they could be idled and the car would be very streetable. As far as setup goes, I will be running an FMax turbo without the MF2 and injectors. I will have a built motor with a 9:1 ratio. I will be running 15-20 lbs of boost. I will be getting the Hondata stage 2b. I don't plan on changing my setup after I get done with this project so a stage 4 is a waste of money for me, plus if I ever change it, I can just go and get another chip burned.

B18C-RnVA, just hit me up. I always like to meet other imports and shoot the ****! Pull up my profile and email me with how to get hold of you.

gsr*lude
Old 09-03-2001, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ill logic,

Hey man I went to high school in Jacksonville. I still have family in NLR, last time I went to see them, I didn't see one import that had any mods on it. Is it getting big there yet?
Old 09-03-2001, 06:33 AM

So this will be all drag?
Old 09-03-2001, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No, but I will drag from time to time. I'm no autox like Corey, so I will just stick to the straight and narrow! But after time, who knows, my feelings might change. This is going to be my daily driver, so I have get it all done right.

Old 09-03-2001, 08:10 AM

720 doesn't seem like you would want it to be a daily driver. 720 maybe what's needed for the power but that's a lot of boost for a daily. I'm hoping to put down around 350whp with the 550's and that's enough power to run fast times with the right suspension. Still plan to use pump gas?
Old 09-03-2001, 08:11 AM
New User

Yeah its starting to pick up here.. We have about maybe 6-10 really quality cars in the state.. That is they are either real nice (show) or real fast (go) .. We do have alot of uhhh.. well nevermind.. Back to the topic.... I am very interested in this hondata discussion.. I plan on boosting about 12 daily and 15-17 at the track... I dont know what size injectors I need.. Here is my set up: Drag III kit, JE Pistons 9.5-1, Nu Forms Block Guard, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Bored 20mm over, Balanced and Polished Crank, MSD 6al Ign., MSD BTM, APEXi s-afc, AEM Fuel Rail, stage 3 clutch,... I dont live near a shop, so I dont think tuninig it alot will be an option. I was wondering how much boost you can go with on stage 2 hondata? Everyone keeps telling me to get stage 4. And what size injectors do I need?? I hear 440,550, and now you guys are talking in the 7 hundreds.... I am lost.... thanks...
Old 09-03-2001, 08:19 AM

I am more interested in making changes if I need to whether it be integrating new parts or adjusting for altitude. Having to wait really sucks, so that's my position on going stage 4. If you love your car like I do, then driving at much as you can is what you like to do. I don't want to have that car just for drag or autox.
Old 09-03-2001, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree that is a lot of boost for a daily driver, but as long as your system is tuned properly, you can run as much boost as you want. I will still use pump gas, just the 93 octane. 550 for your setup should be fine, but there are a lot of figures that go into fuel injection systems. With using 550 injectors, not only are you limited to what the injector can put out, but what your pump can get the the injector. A good PSI to work at with Hondata is 60 psi. That way, even when you are in your high rev state, your fuel system will not be running lean, and when you are in your lower revs, your not dumping fuel into your sytem. The reason I am going with 720 is I don't want to have to worry about running lean on boost. Running lean means detonation, plain and simple. With the Hondata reprogram I think your setup is outstanding, and you should hit your 350 goal. If you take a look at the new Sport Compact Car, there is an Integra in there running 491 HP @7300 RPMs. He is only using 550's, but he upgraded his fuel lines, pump, and even the fuel tank to be able to deliver the fuel to the injectors. I am not looking to do that, I would like to keep my fuel pressure at 60 psi. My orginial plan had 550's in it, but after speaking to Steven @ SGT Racing in Virginia (Closest Hondata Contact.) he said for my setup 550 would be the minimum, 720 would be the way to go. I checked the Hondata site, just to reconfirm, and he is right. You plan on running about the same amount of boost, have you talk to a Hondata Rep about your setup and goals? Just by looking at your setup, you can take your car well into the 400+ HP side of the house! You are right about the suspension, but something else to look at is your clutch. Got to have something to get that power to the wheel you know.

gsr*lude
Old 09-03-2001, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can go up to 11 psi with the stock MAP sensor. Anything above that you will have to upgrade to the GM 3 Bar MAP sensor. It is an easy upgrade, and instructions for it are on the Hondata website. Where are you going to go and get your Hondata reprogram at? Read the post above, that should help you on injector size. Your setup looks good, did you do the work yourself? I can't remember anything that even looked like a speed shop there. Talk to you later.

gsr*lude
Old 09-03-2001, 05:45 PM
New User

Actually all the work was done at Abacus Racing in Virgina Beach. That is where I bought the car from. I am gonna have to get all of my work done at Jo Tech here since that is the closest reputable shop.. 4 hours away!!!.. I got a little confused up there whos car was being talked about.. I guess I should have made my own post instead of asking in here to avoid the confusion... I Which size injectors should I go with for 10-12 daily and 15-17 track.. most likely 15 at the track.. also which hondata do i need??
Old 09-03-2001, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ill logic,

This is to small of a world! I live in Va Bch right now, and I was going to have abacus do some work for me. Sorry, I didn't make my post a little more clear. You should be fine with 550 or 620 for your application. Unless you really want the full throttle shift and launch control, I would save your money and just get the 2b with the upgraded map sensor. Talk to you later,

gsr*lude
Old 09-03-2001, 09:42 PM
New User

You might know my car then.. I bought it from Rubin at Ocean Audio right by the beach on Virginia Beach Blvd.... ?????Orange Integra with white wheels
Old 09-04-2001, 05:58 AM
New User

How are you enjoying the car Damon? This is Terry I met you at Ocean Audio when you picked up the car. If you are interested I will be selling my RC 370cc because I am getting my Hondata very very soon also from SGT-Racing. I will be running at Battle this weekend hopefully pull a 12.20-12.30 we tuned my A/F with a Motec wideband O2 sensor and got the Si running very very strong. If you come back this way we'll take you to Millenium Autosports who has the MOtec talk to Grey (757)488-4909. My 5k-6k A/F were alittle close to lean at 12.6:1 we tuned it to a more safe 12.2:1 and 7k-8k was at a very rich 11.2:1 then we tune to a 12.0:1 at 7-8k. Car pulls very very hard even pulling 15deg of timing then pulled only about 8 degress with the btm and it PULLS breaking loose at 5k in 3rd gear! I am also in the market for some 440 or 550 ccs and would be interested in a group buy if it comes to fruiation. :D
Old 09-04-2001, 06:51 AM
sgT
Honda-Tech Member

550s will barely meet 350whp. Remember, you want to have enough fuel
for 120% of your target horsepower. On one car we are running 550s and
are running out of fuel(read 90% duty) at around 330whp. 650-720 are
the minimum for any decent horsepower requirements. On the car thats
using 750s, we see about 65% duty at 350whp. Gets about 20-25mpg and
idles like stock.
Old 09-04-2001, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injector Issues!!! (sgT)

which injector size would suit a 300+hp???? How is a 440? Hondata recommend me to get the 440.

Quick Reply: Injector Issues!!!