Notices

Info on Superchargers for D16 SOHC VTEC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on Superchargers for D16 SOHC VTEC?

Hey FI members, I was recently reading a magazine with an article about superchargers and im first to admit that i don't know much about them. I came across a brief caption with a picture of a supercharger kit that is made for the d16 sohc vtec. Does anyone have any more info on these kits? Like Manufacturers, Reliability, Power Gains, Installation, etc. Looking at the article is making me interested in learning more about it and possibly buying a kit for my stock civic. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Info on Superchargers for D16 SOHC VTEC? (CivicEX96)

bump for info...
Old 04-19-2005, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.jacksonracing.com/S...33370

If you do get one, don't use the fuel/timing management supplied with the kit, it is sub-standard and may adversely affect drivability. At the very least, get the JR MAP controller, and the JR BTC would also be beneficial. Ideally you want to use a good standalone with it, I used a Hondata S200 and was very happy with the results.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:12 AM

Default Re: (rmcdaniels)

cool, thanks for the info

possibly any more info on this?
Old 04-19-2005, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (CivicEX96)

Search.

There are literally hundreds of posts about this very subject, both in the active and archived databases.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:26 AM

Default Re: (Jaker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Search.

There are literally hundreds of posts about this very subject, both in the active and archived databases.</TD></TR></TABLE>

weird because before i posted i searched "D16 Superchargers" and found no results and then i searched "D Series Superchargers" and found 1 result but it was about fitment...then i searched "SOHC Superchargers" and found 1 result but it was about running 12 psi...could you help me out on a search topic?
Old 04-19-2005, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicEX96)

Search for "JRSC" using both recent content and archived content - there is plenty.

JRSC = Jackson Racing SuperCharger - its the acronym everyone uses in their thread titles.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:03 PM
MiG-21 superfan

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicEX96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey FI members, I was recently reading a magazine with an article about superchargers and im first to admit that i don't know much about them. I came across a brief caption with a picture of a supercharger kit that is made for the d16 sohc vtec. Does anyone have any more info on these kits? Like Manufacturers, Reliability, Power Gains, Installation, etc. Looking at the article is making me interested in learning more about it and possibly buying a kit for my stock civic. Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>a Jackson kit is an awesome upgrade for a stock internals street car....

Reliability is great in terms of the unit itself, however, the engine can kill itself very quickly if you slouch on the tuning bits. Installation is easy, it is just time consuming. As far as power production, with the low boost pulley expect to get about 40-50 whp if tuned properly and a really nice torque curve. If using all of the JR 'tuning' equipment, expect gains to be around 30-40 whp and alot more dangerous at that.

I agree with the above post about using their management tho; get at the very minimum Neptune or Hondata to run the setup...Apexi Power FC would be ideal and has more features but is more expensive.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much power are you looking to make and what kind of driving do you do most? for drag racing turbo would be the best choice...for something like autocross I would think that a supercharger would be much better.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Info on Superchargers for D16 SOHC VTEC? (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much power are you looking to make and what kind of driving do you do most? for drag racing turbo would be the best choice...for something like autocross I would think that a supercharger would be much better. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea i should have stated before that im not the kind of person that wants to put as much power as i can into the motor...i use my car as a daily driver and i hardly ever get down on it...im still young and im not really financially stable enough to go into a motor swap process...i first got into d-series turbo last year and it was fun while it lasted but i was a 17 year old idiot and rushed into it and blew my budget on a kit and ended up blowing my motor...i bought another y8 from my friend with less mileage on it and i have always thought about going back to turbo and doing it right...the thing is that im not trying to go extreme on my turbo setup either, i just want something reliable running at a lower psi for daily driving but be able to hold my own when i can and turn it up a little bit...this is why i thought about looking into d series superchargers to see if it would be a little bit less costly then a turbo setup and maybe be more reliable...