Notices

Info: Ford Probe GT 2.2 Liter injectors 310cc with Fields Boxer SFC-VTEC controller hack.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info: Ford Probe GT 2.2 Liter injectors 310cc with Fields Boxer SFC-VTEC controller hack.

Just letting yall know that these injectors seem to work. I was told that mazda makes a car with the same motor as this one which should work as well. I installed them earlier today and the have fixed the super rich problem. The problem with the fields vtec controller is that it can only do -30% as everyone knows unlike the AFC. So I figure I use some DSM 450 and try and get away with -30%. Well I was running bloody rich. So I went back to the bone yard and got some ford probe gt injectors which are about 310cc -/+ 20cc. I searched to see if these injectors are peak and hold or saturated, but I couldnt find anyone using them. I did found a message about test the ohms to figure out the type of injector. It turns out they are 12 ohm injectors so they dont need resistors like someone people have guessed.

Installation:

1 Remove old injectors. The installation of the bottom seal is just like the DSM install on homemadeturbo.com in the tech page. The trick to these injectors is that hey are to short. So you have to use the cylindrial grommets that come with them and also place the a honda cylindrical grommets on top of each it. This is pancake set was fast and easy to do so I didnt look for another solution. They fit pretty snug in the fuel rail after doing that.

2. Remove resistors if they came with your vehical or you installed them for DSM.

3. You have to use the orignal ford probe clips that comes with the injectors. Mine are very brittle and one broke one. If you brake the clip it probably wont hold and you'll get a CEL 16 like I did. The white and red wire from the clip soliders to the yellow and black wire from the original injector wires. Then soldier the other two wires together. Do this for each injector clip.

4. Adjust your controller. So if your using an AFC I'd recommend lowering the settings if you where using DSM.

If you have any questions just ask. BTW I cant spell. Good luck. I hope this helps some fellow field controller users out.

My 5psi setup
d16z6 with a greddy turbo, manifold, BOV
Custom charge and down pipes.
Ford Probe injectors ~310cc with Fields SFC-VTEC controller
DSM SMIC

Nick
Old 06-12-2003, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Info: Ford Probe GT 2.2 Liter injectors 310cc with Fields Boxer SFC-VTEC controller hack. (Sinn

good info! nice source of 310cc injectors for NA people too btw....
Old 06-14-2003, 03:45 PM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Info: Ford Probe GT 2.2 Liter injectors 310cc with Fields Boxer SFC-VTEC controller hack. (Sinn

can you give some pictures of the grommets you speak of and the install?? and the hacking you did to the harness to get the clips on?? that would be MUCH appreciated...
Old 07-04-2003, 10:05 AM

whats the max psi that this will handle?
Old 12-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Sushi Buffet Champion

Interesting...
Old 12-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

post from the dead..., I still am using the injectors but my boxer died.

Nick