Notices

important: head gasket blowen, is it possible that the engine could handle that?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 02:32 PM
mrx
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMPORTANT: head gasket blown, is it possible that the engine has a change???

Hallo,

today i made my first engine management setup on my winter project. I replaced the head gasket this winter wo reduce my compression to 9:1

total driven distance with this setup are : 12 km!

today i noticed that he was running on only 2 or 3 cyl. so i decided to check the spark plugs. After i removed the cover i saw that in cyl. 1 and 2 there stand about 1cm of water in the spark hole after putting the spark wire away.

cyl. 3 and 4 are oil flooded.

i also found a small amount of oil in my radiator and (but i'am not sure) i think that the engine oil (on the oil dip stick) is a little bit brighter then normal.

my question is: what to do next?

how be the chance of a permanent injury or the engine (especialy rods? because of huge amount of water in the cyl)

my setup is now set to 7psi, so i though to replace the head gasket with a stock one (10:1 compression) clean the engine (oil, water and so on) just to see if the engine is still running and has no permanent damage... because this is the cheapest way...

at the moment i have not the money for a new block so i think that is the best... if you say that the engine has a chance to live after such a thing?!?

please post your oppinions... i don't know what to do...

the other thing is that i have NO car at the moment and i need one normaly... so i have a time problem too...

I think it must be possible to drive 7psi with a standalone and 10:1 compression or what do you think?

not the best for performance but good enough to see it i have a chance...

Thanks
Malte.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:23 PM
mrx
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IMPORTANT: head gasket blown, is it possible that the engine has a change??? (mrx)

noone?