Notices

Import Builders???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Import Builders???

Just wondering if anybody has run any of their stuff?? If you have run it please put what it was and coments on how it was> The stuff looks pretty legit and good quality if you ask me.,
Old 05-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Import Builders??? (homicydalboy)

I think the intake mani's are made by JGE, both of which have a history of bad customer service and are considered border line scammers by some...although their products supposedly perform great if you can get them

*edit*
skim through this thread and you'll see what I mean
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1825899
Old 05-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Import Builders??? (CivicVX94)

I was going to get a set of the K24 rods, how bad can someone mess up a set of chinese h-beam rods?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:12 PM

Jeff has built some of the fastest NA street setups if that helps his credibility any. He knows his stuff and is a die hard fan of Wiseco pistons. His rods have to be cheaper though, but sufficient for street use I believe.

He has delt w/ Jerry (Jerry Built), which is one of the best builders out there. Not sure if they are still working together though.

As for the IM, they aren't MADE by JGE, but instead, they are Type-R units ported to his specs. Granted, JGE might be the ones doing the porting.

In addition, that link above has alot of heresay, and some of those people making comments seemed to be over the top, and had personal hatred towards Jeff. I'd just call the man and hear his side of the story. Just ask him whatever you want to know, and if he's not willing to answer or is too vague, tell him your going elsewhere to purchase products.

Modified by WickedHonda00 at 10:46 PM 5/11/2007

Old 05-11-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: (WickedHonda00)

Well my main concern is their sleeves. Mainly their stage 2 king sleeves. Made by LA sleeves
Old 05-11-2007, 10:08 PM

Well, if you question his service, then don't buy it. Do what makes you feel comfortable. Go w/ GE if you want to feel sure about your decision.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:34 PM

I am not questioning his service. I am questioning his product in my eyes it looks good to me but I want to know if other people have run it and their results. just for input.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WickedHonda00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jeff has built some of the fastest NA street setups if that helps his credibility any. He knows his stuff and is a die hard fan of Wiseco pistons. His rods have to be cheaper though, but sufficient for street use I believe.
He has delt w/ Jerry (Jerry Built), which is one of the best builders out there. Not sure if they are still working together though.
As for the IM, they aren't MADE by JGE, but instead, they are Type-R units ported to his specs. Granted, JGE might be the ones doing the porting.
In addition, that link above has alot of heresay, and some of those people making comments seemed to be over the top, and had personal hatred towards Jeff. I'd just call the man and hear his side of the story. Just ask him whatever you want to know, and if he's not willing to answer or is too vague, tell him your going elsewhere to purchase products.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
you knew what I meant about the manifolds, JGE does the porting and both have Javier and Jeff have a bad rep on here for ******* people over.
Who cares what the guy has built? How does that help someone's credibility with selling parts online? I can give a **** less if someone who I'm ordering parts from has never changed oil before, as long as i get my parts. I'm not doubting what he has built, just saying that is irrelevant.
Bottom line, better safe than sorry
Old 05-12-2007, 10:18 AM

i ordered an importbuilders 84mm b16 back in the day.

While everything was great as far as the build goes, and the motor ran strong... when i pulled the motor after cracking a ringland, i noticed that the pistons were JE's rather than wiseco's that i was told were supplied.

Granted it's just a minor detail, but lots of minor details are what makes up the big picture.

I'm not saying not to go with him at all ... just saying my personal experience.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:20 AM

on top of that, if you have a block already - for a meer 800, camp1320 sends out your block to golden eagle and gets them sleeved.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (miyagi)

The listed price for sleeving is only $751 from Camp1320.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It was not jeff who built the fastest NA car it was Jerry built. If you are local so Cal guys you know the whole story.

If your local and want sleeves done go to Camp1320.com The have core blocks in stock and/or get sleeves done thru GE cheaper and faster then GE can. wtf.??

The sleeves import builders use is from JG and do a search on JG block sleeving

Jeff says how bad open sleeves are and now he uses open sleeves..???

Let me guess another signature deisgn from IB. from LA sleeves who has been around for decades he designed his own

who is fast that runs these sleeves

Old 05-14-2007, 10:38 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WickedHonda00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jeff has built some of the fastest NA street setups if that helps his credibility any. He knows his stuff and is a die hard fan of Wiseco pistons. His rods have to be cheaper though, but sufficient for street use I believe.

Modified by WickedHonda00 at 10:46 PM 5/11/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow that's a good one, what fastest street cars have motors built by import builders? i don't know any of the fastest street cars running anything by jeff, as far as i know t1 has one of the fastest street cars sleeved by golden eagle and built by t1 and as far as import builders goes if you want a jg sleeved block or ported manifold go to jg why use middle man jeff its all the same crap, jeff will say who ever sells to him is best here is as link with him saying ge is the best http://web.archive.org/web/200...mland now if you go to his site he will say how bad braced sleeves are the guy is a joke and a scammer buyer beware import builders