Notices

im trying to hook up a blitz boost controller in my 2000 si

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im trying to hook up a blitz boost controller in my 2000 si

ok the instuctions they provided is not very good so maybe one of you can helpi would like to know where to install a solonoid .and how do i hook up all the lines they provided me,this is my first time hooking up a blitz spec s boost controller,and i have no idea where to start,i have an internal wastegate.someone please shed some light on me so i can get this done thanks
diagrams or pictures will really help

Modified by 99delsol at 5:20 PM 9/16/2006
Old 09-16-2006, 12:35 PM

Default Re: im trying to hook up a blitz boost controller in my 2000 si (99delsol)

the solenoid goes like this line from the turbo to the bottom of the solenoid, line from the top of the solenoid (the parts with the extra bleed nipple is the top) goes to the top of the ext wg's nipple plug in the connector from the head unit give the head unit a + and - and vaccum source and your good to go
Old 09-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont get it ,from the turbo?i dont see anything on my turbo where i can hook up a line,i have a greddy 18g turbo,does the 18g dont have a spot for the line?iand i dont understand how to hook up the vac line.someone help
Old 09-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont have a sorce on my turbo for the in line,what do i do ,im so frustraded
Old 09-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (99delsol)

if you have a external wastegate turn the switch on the back of the unit to WG, or not to AC.

For external wastegate, you take the solenoid and the nipple going horizontal goes to a pre throttle body source (tap into your charge pipe, or on turbo...whaever).
The verticle nipple closest to the electrical plug goes to the top of the wastegate, and the other nipple is left open to vent to the atmosphere.

I have the US directions from Blitz here somewhere if you need any more directions.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (swappedcx)

also put your solenoid as close to the turbo as possible, i believe the directions say 3ft or something like that? I have mine right behind the pass. side headlight about 2ft from the turbo.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont have an external wg,i have an internal wastgate,so what am i supposed to do when it internal.please help
Old 09-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

on my hallman i connected the vertical nipple on the wastegate and the horizontal nipple to a vaccum source. i also have the 18g bu the way.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (3rdgenLS)

i've got the greddy kit on my Del sol vtec...i'm not using the same boost controller...but basically.

There should be diagrams in the instuctions to show you how to do the vacuum lines for either external wastegate or internal...obviously completely ignore the external since you have an greddy kit.

Simply put...when people are talking about vacuum off the turbo its just vacuum that sees boost. So for me i have a hole drilled in my charge pipe and I put a fitting in the hole so its like a nipple...that ways i can slip on a vacuum hose....

is this confusing? 1 vaccum line must go to the wastegate nipple (Wastegate would be near the AC lines when installed on your car...gold looking thing with a nipple on top) and the turbo line people are talking about is vacuum line that sees boost...you have to tap into the piping to get that....theres no "stock" location to get that from.

If you really need pictures let me know. I'll go take some. But as far as the solenoid is concerned..install it wherever you can so that its not near extreme heat and/or where water can contact it....My solenoid is somewhere behind the pass. headlight...bolted down near where the charge pipe goes into the fenderwell area. You have to follow manuf. instructions to make sure you do the vacuum lines correctly though...every solenoid is different...greddy has like ports called "comm" and like "nc" or something like that....good luck!

-Ray
Old 09-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where do i tap my charge piping for my for my line for the in on the solenoid.it says to keep it three feet away from the turbo so if i tap the charge piping on the pass. side by the inner side by the heaDlight would that be too far or do i need to tap it on the drivers side charge pipe.please help
Old 09-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is that all just those two in/out lines and im done?it already have a vac sorce ,so i dont need to t off any thing else for anothere vac sorce right?
Old 09-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok now ,i just need to know exactly where to tap the hole in the charge pipng for the in port of the solenoid.and where do i hook up the positive wire underneath my dash for power for the controller.please help me answer this and i should be able to get this done thanks
Old 09-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just like it sounds. find any spot in your charge piping, drill a hole and install a barbed fitting...thats it.

Wire it to any power source. I believe i tapped mine into my cig lighter outlet so it only has power when key is on.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok thanks