Notices

Im not soo new, but new to boost

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im not soo new, but new to boost

Hey guys, some of you may remember my old login (jdubkrew) wich i can find my password or email to. So i have created another. Anyways, i fell out of the scene for quite some time, but im now back. I ran into a great find. I have a 94 cx hatch, gsr swap, and turbod looks like a budget build, yet some things where done right.

at any rate, its running a S300, untuned. No boost guage, so i really dont know what its doing. Im not getting into the throttle much at all til its tuned. but im hearing a loud pop, at that time, fuel cuts off, and engine light comes on...so im assuming the S300 is hitting fuel cut. but in S300 i cant find where to adjust it. also there is no MBC on it.

Any help? Pm or post! thanks guys
Old 07-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im not soo new, but new to boost

Originally Posted by jsbayer
Hey guys, some of you may remember my old login (jdubkrew) wich i can find my password or email to. So i have created another. Anyways, i fell out of the scene for quite some time, but im now back. I ran into a great find. I have a 94 cx hatch, gsr swap, and turbod looks like a budget build, yet some things where done right.

at any rate, its running a S300, untuned. No boost guage, so i really dont know what its doing. Im not getting into the throttle much at all til its tuned. but im hearing a loud pop, at that time, fuel cuts off, and engine light comes on...so im assuming the S300 is hitting fuel cut. but in S300 i cant find where to adjust it. also there is no MBC on it.

Any help? Pm or post! thanks guys
untuned + no boost gauge + no wideband + occasional popping = a disaster waiting to happen and im not even kidding.

get a wide band and trailer that sucker to a dyno to get tuned stat
Old 07-23-2009, 05:38 AM

I have the trailer. And i called slowmotionmotorsports to have it done, its about a 2-3 week wait. So, in the mean time, i wanna check things out. What things should i check before getting on a dyno. Im not formilar with S300, it seems to be working when hooked up to my laptop, i can view the sensors and such. I wanna check compression, change fluids and so forth. Any other ideas from you guys?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would check to see if there are any codes stored in the ECU memory if you haven't reset the ECU lately.

I would however def check into buying a boost gauge at the minimum. This will also help them out as well. ~50 bucks you can get a nice autometer gauge.

Also if you haven't seen this already, this is posted on slowmotion's forums for a tuning checklist. I would recommend you check everything on here so there isn't a problem when they are tuning your car and they have to cut it short due to an electrical issue or what have you.

http://www.slomomotorsports.com/foru....php?f=9&t=169

Where are you located OP?

On a side note, I would not recommend driving this car until it's tuned correctly as you risk blowing the motor as stated above especially since you don't know what kind of map is in place in the s300
Old 07-23-2009, 08:14 AM

As far as codes. There havent been any codes, but today, i uploaded a stock gsr map from hondata into it. And right away, knock sensor and heated oxygen sensor both went off.

Looking now for a boost guage, anyone see a good price?

Im located in north western ohio, about 1 hour south of toledo.

Driving it gently, just to tinker with s300, but i will be humble and admit, i have much to learn with this program.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Hype-R Stalker

Why bother with a boost gauge, can't you read it through the s300?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why bother with either, because if youre driving it around, its a grenade and youre slowly pulling the pin out on every bip of the throttle. Dont touch it since you dont know what youre doing, like you just said. Until you learn more let a professional do it for ya. I only say this because I learned the hard way. Get a boost gauge, and a wideband though, those are a must even after a tune.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the advice...only driving ive been doing is literally around town, just reading hondata on my laptop, staying will out of boost, and less than 50% throttle...anyways, wideband and boost guage are in the works. Id like to find a map for my setup. I found out it does have RC310 injectors. So...
Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Hype-R Stalker

Originally Posted by forcdincivic
Why bother with either, because if youre driving it around, its a grenade and youre slowly pulling the pin out on every bip of the throttle. Dont touch it since you dont know what youre doing, like you just said. Until you learn more let a professional do it for ya. I only say this because I learned the hard way. Get a boost gauge, and a wideband though, those are a must even after a tune.
Did what I said completely go over your head?

I know Very well how important a boost gauge, and wideband can be..
Obviously you didn't read the small amount I typed.

How about reading it again, instead of trying to explain how "useful" a boost gauge is.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what size is this turbo? Those 310s are not gonna do **** for ya
Old 07-23-2009, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by omiehomie
untuned + no boost gauge + no wideband + occasional popping = a disaster waiting to happen and im not even kidding.

get a wide band and trailer that sucker to a dyno to get tuned stat
Exactly... the less you drive it untuned the better..
Old 07-24-2009, 05:44 AM

Again, im not driving it. The rc310's that are in it, im not so sure whos idead that was, lol. the turbo on it is t3 flanged, and the compressor housing is a .50ar, thats all i can tell ya looking at it.

Im also having trouble actually finding a boost guage and wideband setup. What do you guys run with the S300, and what sponsors on honda-tech have a good deal on the autometer boost guages?!

thanks guys
Old 07-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cut the knock sensor off if you don't have a p72 ecu. It will throw the code.