Notices

Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*.

Well as some of you know my gsr(b20 vtec, revhard turbo) was stolen last december i lost nine thousand dollars because gieco didnt pay for my aftermarket parts, so of course i was very discouraged and left with credit card bills and old memories. I drove my moms accord for 7 months and I sold it 3 weeks ago.

Well from what it looks like ill be getting my integra(97 LS) this weekend from a fellow honda-tech member and heres the setup im going with

Presicion Fmic
Presicion sc34
inline pro manifold
tial 38mm
revhard piping
greddy type S bov
flamenco-T oil line kit
Tony1 downpipe 2.5-3' 3' flex
kteller stainless steel 3' exhuast piping
apex n1 turbo exhuast
hondata s100
rc 550 cc injectors
walbro 255 hp

So far i have the FMIC, BOV, fuel pump and a p75 ecu,that ill need for hondata. Turbo and manifold will be bought on 7/1 and piping will be ordered as soon as i buy my car.

I dont knwo why but ive been looking forward to this for the last 2 months. I have went through many setups and haven't had the success i wanted. from blown motors to theft. So i said to myselk this deserves one last try, but done right. I have learned so much from my mistakes it seems almost stupid to not try again.

Alot of this comeback is thanks to Direp, he has always expressed the KISS, theory and has had alot of success with his car.

Guys give me your input i need your opinions im stuck. I need some encouragment

Modified by quikb20 at 1:31 AM 6/17/2003
Old 06-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (quikb20)

Make sure you add some security measures to that list.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (HXMan)

Get a Quaife. That is the one thing i never really considered when i built my setup. Also, doesn't the S200 have a datalog option?
Old 06-12-2003, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (turbo Si)

im gonna save a few dollars and get the s100 i have many poeple here in dallas already running hondata, and i also have the great tony1 to tune.

Quaife maybe later im having second thought because of $.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (quikb20)

Iggy,

Take your time and dont rush it. No need to rush it and spend all this money. Not alot of people know this, but I had a turbo kit for over a year before I put it in.

Just remember where the KISS came from.

art
Old 06-12-2003, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Iggy,

Take your time and dont rush it. No need to rush it and spend all this money. Not alot of people know this, but I had a turbo kit for over a year before I put it in.

Just remember where the KISS came from.

art</TD></TR></TABLE>

a year, man your a patient man art, hehe

Well im planning to be boosted by 8/15, alicia is paying for my tuning its my birthday present.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*SLAP*

just remember what I told u on the phone earlier. I know how much you love this ****. You have a great plan and you are in a position now to do things right, no stress and u have good support from friends and others too good luck.

Old 06-12-2003, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck to you. You have a lot more resources over there than what I do

I'm too scared to boost my motor again. I can't have the engine sleeved here in Thailand, so I have to run with stock sleeves and a blockguard. Since my first boosted disaster with the B20B (my own fault and carelessness) i've had to move up to 84.25mm oversized OEM B20B pistons - I so badly want to go back to turbo (the whole kit is still sitting in my room, since I haven't sold it yet). Although, I feel for my driving style, NA is a much safer way to go though
Old 06-13-2003, 05:01 AM

Default Re: (turbopanda)

Yeah im lucky to have alot of resources here in dallas, art, stan, chris, phillip, Danny from jotech, tony1 the tuning master friedn jarod a local mechanic.

the funny thing is everyone one that list has an integra too, a ring of friends with all integras what a coincidence.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:06 PM

Default Re: (quikb20)

*slap* *SLAP* Look at my avatar and weep....Get your head out of your *** Iggy. We live for this ****. I mean if you really just wanna ride in my car and complain at the meets cause you still are driving a good looking grocery getter then go ahead but I know that my roomate has a better head on his shoulders than that. Like I told Chris one day....This is like our hobby....some people blow there money on baseball cards, or playboys, or goofy stamp collections. We boost hondas and drive around to brag about it! LOL But if you do change your mind you can give me your components you have bought already for the sum of 2 months rent haha J/K
Old 06-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've had a turbo kit since last january...and it looks like it won't be installed till next summer. The rest of the money I need just isn't there...but its worth the wait.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (HXMan)

Ok well i bought the car on saturday so looks im going trhough with it. Im just scared of losing all that $, ive had the car for 2-3 days and ive been so paranoid because of all the thefts. It happened once but ill do my best to ensure i dont have to go through the "stolen car thing again"

redlinegsr would probabaly kick me out if i dont go turbo anyways, haha

Old 06-16-2003, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good luck mang.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Integra's are played out..especially slow *** ls's...lol
Old 06-16-2003, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (espano(ls))

I give you a big to you, i cant take doing everything all over again.

Good luck to you
Old 06-16-2003, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I give you a big to you, i cant take doing everything all over again.

Good luck to you</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know it took alot i left the scene about 6 weeks before my car was stolen, i didn't care anymore. I drove a 95 accord for 7 months and toward the end i couldnt stay away, I wanted to do this one more time, but right.

Espanol you change cars every 2 months so you dotn have to worry about anything being played out
Old 06-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Smarter than you

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quikb20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Espanol you change cars every 2 months so you dotn have to worry about anything being played out </TD></TR></TABLE>

Integras weren't played out until espanol came along. He built a ****** bad *** one and then everyone and their mom wanted one. lol thanks felix
Old 06-16-2003, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (DIRep)

well i hope everything turns out ok.
-get anti theft devices and plenty of them
-have full coverage (insurance)
-keep all reciepts and documents
-stay away from things that attract thieves-rims, cf hood, JDM front end,etc.

and if all fails, get a 4 dr AWD factory turbo sedan ie Evo or WRX
Old 06-16-2003, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (DIRep)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Integras weren't played out until espanol came along. He built a ****** bad *** one and then everyone and their mom wanted one. lol thanks felix </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I think I'm going to sell my car and get an Integra. On a side note, I droped my car off to get painted on Friday. No more oxidation!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I give you a big to you, i cant take doing everything all over again.

Good luck to you</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mase you'll come back sooner or later

Quikb20 good luck on your new project hope these time around you have better luck.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (LJR-LUDE01)

Mase what are your plans now? have u decided. I went to a meet tonight, some nice cars, wide variety and theres some high hp hondas in dallas these days. Cant wait.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Integras weren't played out until espanol came along. He built a ****** bad *** one and then everyone and their mom wanted one. lol thanks felix </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol...i've like the integra but i always thought it was to heavy to go fast...that night we raced(when i had the hatchback) and we were door to door,that made me want a teg...plus always seeing how clean dustin's was... ..you guys are the **** that made me jump on the bandwagon....the only wagon that's worth a damn...

good luck iggy on the new ride....i'm sure it will do us all proud...
Old 06-17-2003, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*. (espano(ls))

Thanks Felix, Ive yet to see your beast in person. Damn there will be some Dirty Ls's cruising the Tollway sooooon
Old 06-17-2003, 08:24 AM

another thing to consider is talking to your insurance company about how to insure these aftermarket items!!! I have full coverage on everting in my car including mySC and intercooler parts, gauges, stereo, J&S, vafc injectors and everthing else. I have state farm and it costs me an extra $50 a month to cover it which is well worth it to me with all these ******* thieves around
Old 06-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Smarter than you

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by espano(ls) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol...i've like the integra but i always thought it was to heavy to go fast...that night we raced(when i had the hatchback) and we were door to door,that made me want a teg...plus always seeing how clean dustin's was... ..you guys are the **** that made me jump on the bandwagon....the only wagon that's worth a damn...

good luck iggy on the new ride....i'm sure it will do us all proud... </TD></TR></TABLE>

yup. sure is. you got ur teg and took a different route then me and dustin. u definitly opened my eyes up to some new ****. Its not always just about hp. Im glad u got a teg, now if we could just get all the jockers too stop wanting one too.

Quick Reply: Im having 2nd thoughts about making my turbo comeback! *set up inside*.