Notices

I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone post a video or sound clip of what a JRSC sounds like. Or I guess any supercharger for that matter.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (MachAF)

It sounds like an electric pencil sharpner on crack...

Rob
Old 04-21-2003, 04:33 PM
New User

Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (rjardy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rjardy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It sounds like an electric pencil sharpner on crack...</TD></TR></TABLE>

..being sucked up a vaccum cleaner at the same time.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (VaporTrail)

to me, it sounds like the reverse gear on most hondas, on crank
Old 04-21-2003, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (intekragsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by intekragsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">to me, it sounds like the reverse gear on most hondas, on crank </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly, no more vtec sound... just a loud WHINNNNN
Old 04-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jordo)

Only one of the best sounds in the world.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jackson4Door)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jackson4Door &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Only one of the best sounds in the world.</TD></TR></TABLE>

besides the sound of turbo spool.......
Old 04-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Shoot me an IM with an e-mail address and I will send you a video of a VSC pushing 350WHP.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (0x64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Shoot me an IM with an e-mail address and I will send you a video of a VSC pushing 350WHP.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Vortec's sound different though, they almost sound like a chain.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can someone post a video or sound clip of what a JRSC sounds like. Or I guess any supercharger for that matter.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought any supercharger would be good :shrugs:
Old 04-21-2003, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It sounds like someone ready to get passed by a turbo car.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It sounds like someone ready to get passed by a turbo car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol.. I don't have the time or money to go turbo.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol.. I don't have the time or money to go turbo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, and the JR E-Z Bake Suppercharger is cheaper and/ or faster than a $1000 turbo setup running 5 PSI?
Old 04-21-2003, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Loco Honkey)

the supercharger goes WOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
Old 04-21-2003, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Loco Honkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh, and the JR E-Z Bake Suppercharger is cheaper and/ or faster than a $1000 turbo setup running 5 PSI? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Notice I said time also. I don't have time or required tools to keep tweaking my car, and keep up on the maintanece a turbo requires.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (GudeH23a)

Ugh. Here we go.

"Go turbo go turbo!" Where's Hypa with his "turbo monkey" attacks?

It sounds like a loud whine...like a blender, only higher and louder. WHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 04-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (newgsrdriver)

lol.. i wanna hear it....reading the noise doesn't help any.......lol
Old 04-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

like someone stated above. sounds like a honda in revese gear. but with a lil whine to it..
Old 04-21-2003, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Notice I said time also. I don't have time or required tools to keep tweaking my car, and keep up on the maintanece a turbo requires. </TD></TR></TABLE>

A friend has a supercharged '91 Si hatch with a stock motor. I have a turbocharged 93' Si hatch with a stock motor. He runs 7 PSI all day. I run 10. I dropped my boost down to 6 PSI and still outran him in every gear. He's spent upwards of $3000 to make his supercharger work. I've spent within $100 either way of $1200 on my turbo. He has to deal with belt tension issues and no top end. I have to deal with waiting 'till 2700 RPM to see full boost (I see 5 PSI at 2000 RPM). He gets 30- 34 MPG. I get the same.

Want me to go on? If you have the money for a supercharger, you damn well have the money for a simple, low boost turbo setup that will be just as reliable as the supercharger and net you at least as much, if not more power. Don't have the time? Time for what? Buying the parts, or installing it? Installing a turbo is easier because it's all in front of you and not on the backside of the engine, and the only sensor you have to deal with is an O2 sensor, instead of all the sensors on the intake manifold. And what's this about required tools? I've never heard of 'em... can you explain to me how I got by without some turbo- specific tool kit?

Turbo maintenence: Check everything weekly for loose items (you'd do this with the supercharger, and it'd be harder to check these things because of the location of the blower). Change oil every 2500- 3000 miles, using a quality, name brand synthetic (Castrol GTX, Mobil1, ect) (as you should with the supercharger). Don't boost 'till your temp gauge is at normal operating temp (you'd have to follow this with the supercharger as well). Let it idle for ~30 seconds before you shut it off (OK, so you don't have to do this with the blower, but what's 30 seconds to you? Are you in that much of a rush?).

What's that? Mercedes, Pontiac, and Nissan sell supercharged cars, so that means superchargers are reliable? Well, Saab, Volvo, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Daihatsu, Isuzu, Mazda, Ford, Porsche, Ferrari, Chrysler and GM sell turbo cars with the same factory warranty as the NA cars have. And get this- most of 'em recommend 7500 mile oil changes, and mention nothing about synthetic oils or cool down or warm up periods in their owners manuals! How's THAT for reliability?

I'm really tired of the uneducated people saying turbos are high maintenence, that they're hard to install, whaa whaa whaa. Now, when I say uneducated, I don't mean dumb, but rather someone who's not done their homework on the subject. But I digress... It has been proven (PROVEN) time and time again that turbos are superior in every way, shape, and form, and that superchargers have no place being bolted to a four cylinder car. Every argument that the supercharger guys come up with has been soundly debunked by the turbo guys. And it's not just this board. Ask anyone who's serious about performance and knows anything about the physics of engines, and they'll tell you- you cannot go wrong with a turbo.

Old 04-21-2003, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like the De Lorean in Back to the Future
Old 04-21-2003, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Blah.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:40 PM

Personally I say go turbo for a major and yet simple reason. WE AS PEOPLE ARE GREEDY. A supercharger doesn't leave room for this. Turbo does. As well as superchargers have heat issues. Yes, I know, so do turbos. However, a turbo can use an intercooler where as a JRSC kit cannot. By the way, I just sold my jackson kit . I was running 9psi and still not coming near to the numbers that a turbo kit can with same boost. Granted this is in AZ with crappy gas. Good luck though. To answer your question though, go race a grand prix GTP. Same noise. Goodluck.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I uploaded a few short videos to we-todd-did-racing. I hope these work. Right click and save target as.

Silver Canadian SiR with JRSC

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....3D%3D

JRSC Si vs. EXTREME pickup truck - funny

JRSC Si 20-80mph

JRSC Prelude on highway

Old 04-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Loco Honkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A friend has a supercharged '91 Si hatch with a stock motor. I have a turbocharged 93' Si hatch with a stock motor. He runs 7 PSI all day. I run 10. I dropped my boost down to 6 PSI and still outran him in every gear. He's spent upwards of $3000 to make his supercharger work. I've spent within $100 either way of $1200 on my turbo. He has to deal with belt tension issues and no top end. I have to deal with waiting 'till 2700 RPM to see full boost (I see 5 PSI at 2000 RPM). He gets 30- 34 MPG. I get the same.

Want me to go on? If you have the money for a supercharger, you damn well have the money for a simple, low boost turbo setup that will be just as reliable as the supercharger and net you at least as much, if not more power. Don't have the time? Time for what? Buying the parts, or installing it? Installing a turbo is easier because it's all in front of you and not on the backside of the engine, and the only sensor you have to deal with is an O2 sensor, instead of all the sensors on the intake manifold. And what's this about required tools? I've never heard of 'em... can you explain to me how I got by without some turbo- specific tool kit?

Turbo maintenence: Check everything weekly for loose items (you'd do this with the supercharger, and it'd be harder to check these things because of the location of the blower). Change oil every 2500- 3000 miles, using a quality, name brand synthetic (Castrol GTX, Mobil1, ect) (as you should with the supercharger). Don't boost 'till your temp gauge is at normal operating temp (you'd have to follow this with the supercharger as well). Let it idle for ~30 seconds before you shut it off (OK, so you don't have to do this with the blower, but what's 30 seconds to you? Are you in that much of a rush?).

What's that? Mercedes, Pontiac, and Nissan sell supercharged cars, so that means superchargers are reliable? Well, Saab, Volvo, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Daihatsu, Isuzu, Mazda, Ford, Porsche, Ferrari, Chrysler and GM sell turbo cars with the same factory warranty as the NA cars have. And get this- most of 'em recommend 7500 mile oil changes, and mention nothing about synthetic oils or cool down or warm up periods in their owners manuals! How's THAT for reliability?

I'm really tired of the uneducated people saying turbos are high maintenence, that they're hard to install, whaa whaa whaa. Now, when I say uneducated, I don't mean dumb, but rather someone who's not done their homework on the subject. But I digress... It has been proven (PROVEN) time and time again that turbos are superior in every way, shape, and form, and that superchargers have no place being bolted to a four cylinder car. Every argument that the supercharger guys come up with has been soundly debunked by the turbo guys. And it's not just this board. Ask anyone who's serious about performance and knows anything about the physics of engines, and they'll tell you- you cannot go wrong with a turbo.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whatever you just said i dunno, I don't feel like reading it all. As for being uneducated about turbos/supercharger, I think I've done my fair share research while I've been here on HT. As well as owned turbo vehciles, I think I have enough knowledge to make my decision. Keep on preaching turbo. When I was uneducated like yourself I use to be on the turbo bandwagon. Give yourself a few years and you'll see. For some of us who go through strict emissions there is this thing called CARB exempt.

And what turbo CAR has honda made besides their new turbo jetski motor?

286WHP and 212TQ @8psi with JRSC sounds good enough for me.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Evil Beaver)

Thx for the videos Beaver!!

And WTF. I asked for video you fools. Everytime JRSC is mentioned you tools have to come in and start toolin around trying to agrue about turbo ****..

Quick Reply: I WANNA hear what A JRSC SOUNDS like!!!!!!!!!!!!!