Notices

i need some help going back to stock

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need some help going back to stock

i have to go back to stock for smog. i didnt install my turbo kit, so i am unfamiliar with a few things and how to bring it back to stock without messing anything up. i have a drag 3 kit in my LS. i can easily disconnect the piping, but i want to make sure i am not missing anything or doing anything wrong.

1)i connect the bottom fuel hose of the fmu back to the stock fuel pressure regulator. am i right?

2)remove inline fuel pump from fuel hose. do i replace the fuel hose from the fuel filter to the fuel rail? if i remove the inline, i don't want to tee it as it may leak fuel and that is a bad idea. how would i remove this hose from the fuel rail? is it bolted on? i am hesitant to try to remove it at this point.

3)oil pressure sending unit. i have no idea how to attempt to remove the oil return line. i am going to remove the tapped oil pan, but i have no idea how to remove the line from the oil pressure sending unit. do i use a wrench and twist it off? torque specs? it is near the oil filter, am i correct? can i access the oil pressure sending unit with the filter on and take it off?

pleas help. i need to do this asap. thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:29 AM

anyone?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:39 AM

Default Re: i need some help going back to stock (lsturbo707)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lsturbo707 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have to go back to stock for smog. i didnt install my turbo kit, so i am unfamiliar with a few things and how to bring it back to stock without messing anything up. i have a drag 3 kit in my LS. i can easily disconnect the piping, but i want to make sure i am not missing anything or doing anything wrong.

1)i connect the bottom fuel hose of the fmu back to the stock fuel pressure regulator. am i right?

2)remove inline fuel pump from fuel hose. do i replace the fuel hose from the fuel filter to the fuel rail? if i remove the inline, i don't want to tee it as it may leak fuel and that is a bad idea. how would i remove this hose from the fuel rail? is it bolted on? i am hesitant to try to remove it at this point.

3)oil pressure sending unit. i have no idea how to attempt to remove the oil return line. i am going to remove the tapped oil pan, but i have no idea how to remove the line from the oil pressure sending unit. do i use a wrench and twist it off? torque specs? it is near the oil filter, am i correct? can i access the oil pressure sending unit with the filter on and take it off?

pleas help. i need to do this asap. thanks in advance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes plug all the fuel lines back to stock, but first depressurize your fuel system by unpluging the fuel pump fuse and cranking it over a few times. It will start for a second then die. That will save you a big mess when you start to pull stuff off

remove the oil feed by unscrewing the adapter and removing it from the oil pressure sending unit. yes, use a wrench, yes its neare the oil filter, and no you must take off the filter. Then purchase a fitting to pulg up the bung to the oil pan.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:38 AM

Default Re: i need some help going back to stock (tegmech)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegmech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
remove the oil feed by unscrewing the adapter and removing it from the oil pressure sending unit. yes, use a wrench, yes its neare the oil filter, and no you must take off the filter. Then purchase a fitting to pulg up the bung to the oil pan. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so i remove the adaptor/oil pressure sending unit from the block. remove the adaptor from the sending unit. then install the sending unit back on right? just clarifying the info.

thanks for your response!
Old 04-27-2004, 07:44 AM

how do i disconnect the fuel hose that runs from the fuel filter to the end of the fuel rail?
Old 04-29-2004, 08:26 AM

help!
Old 04-30-2004, 11:59 AM

anyone?
Old 05-03-2004, 12:12 PM

bump