Notices

I need some expert help,fmu,vafc and chipped p30 help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some expert help,fmu,vafc and chipped p30 help.

here is my set up.b16a3,95 dx,p30,small saab t3,370cc injectors,apexi vafc,super fmu,walbro 255 intank.

PROBLEM ONE:
ok,turbo went on great,project all done,but i was having fmu problems(could not get it to idle above 40psi with full adjustment),i think it had a bad gasket,so it was replaced,now i cant get it to go below 55-60 with the screw all the way out,i tried both springs,im using a 2.5:1 disc.

1)does the disc affect static pressure at all?
2)since i have a vafc and 370cc rc's,can i get rid of the fmu?
3)would the walbro make my fuel pressure too high if i have a 12 gauge wire going to my fuel pump,giving it too much current causeing it to pump too much?(doubtfull)

PROBLEM TWO:
i chipped the p30 with a "turbo chip",car runs good,rev limiter is upped,BUT,my a/f raio gauge is stuck on rich and will not move ,it seems like adjusting my vafc does almost nothing.

4)does the chip override stuff in the ecu ,like make it open or closed loop or something?
5)how can i unchip it with out removing everything,cause id like to try another chip,can i just remove the jumper and eprom?

PROBLEM THREE:
since i chipped it and messed with the fmu my car is so hard to start,i have to turn it over like 15 times to get it to start,it used to start on the first crank.this could be beace im on empty too,dont know.

6) would the chip make this do this,or is it the fmu,or just cuase im low on fuel?

THANX FOR EVEN READING AND RELLY THANX IF YOU CAN HELP.