Notices

I need to move the IAT sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to move the IAT sensor?

http://www.hondata.com/jrscinstall.html
According to this i have to add an ODBI IAT sensor to my blower mani and I never did this, do i need to?
It goes on to say
The OBD I air temperature sensor is a variable resistor and can be wired onto the OBD II wiring in any way.
ANY WAY?!?! Im assuming there is a correct place to wire it in...
Old 10-10-2002, 07:32 AM
JT

Default Re: I need to move the IAT sensor? (FMXer)

All you have to do is to install an OBD1 IAT in the blower and tap the two wires to the existing IAT sensor connector wiring, but disconnect the original IAT sensor. It doesn't matter which wire from the OBD1 to the OBD2 IAT wiring.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IAT Sensor.. well not that this has to do with it, BUT us Greddy Blue Box people know this first hand. For some reason we get CEL #13 cause of this sensor. Some people are lucky others aren't. Here some stuff that might help.

Another tip is to relocate the IAT sensor located in the tube that holds the filter. Placing it in the charge pipe seems to work great. It's reading the actual intake temp <cooler air> compared to the hot air of the engine and fan. Put your hand on the sensor when the radiator fan kicks on to see what I mean. It reduces the amount of CEL's. Little things like this can help your engine dramatically.

Not sure why you guys have been getting code 13. That code is inside the ECU which is for barometric pressure. Greddy doesn't understand that one either. An easy way to reset the ECU is to pull the 7.5 amp fuse from the engine bay fuse box. I think its labelled 'backup'. Pull it out and wait about 15 seconds then put it back. Check engine light gone.
To move the sensor to the charge pipe.
1. Buy a rubber grommet that fits tight around the IAT sensor.
2. Measure the outer diameter of the grommet and drill the correct size hole in the charge pipe. Location is not that critical. I put mine directly underneath my BOV.
3. Insert grommet into charge pipe then insert the IAT sensor into the grommet.
4. Connect plug back to sensor. DONE!
That should help on the CEL's. Slow them down at least.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, do it. You should always put the IAT in a position where it is most accurately reading the intake temp. The whole point in having a standalone is that you don't have to (and should never) "lie" to it by putting sensors in a place that causes them to give false readings.

Sonny