Notices

I need to boost HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to boost HELP

I have a 1999 Integra LS 2dr B18B. I want to boost. I am very new to forced induction and I need some SERIOUS help. The only mods I have on my car are a AEM short ram intake, Skunk 2 exhaust, and 4-2-1 header. I want to know what would be a good set up for my car.

My car needs to still remain a daily driver. Keep that in mind. I would like to know what would be a good setup for my car that is under $2,200. I need to know everything that I would though. From th big things to all the little things. Or if there is a good kit I can that has everything please educate me on that.

I NEED TO BE EDUCATED. THANKS
Old 04-08-2006, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I need to boost HELP (s_christlieb3)

Do yourself a favor, and EDUCATE YOURSELF. THANKS.

Decide what your HP goals are, then do some reading and researching.

Ill try to get you started.

Things you need:

-Manifold: There are two basic designs, log manifolds and equal length manifolds.

-Turbo: Turbos are sized by AR numbers. A good rule of thumb, the higher the AR, the later in the RPM range it will spool up/the more HP it can make.

-Downpipe: Connects the exhaust side of your turbo to the rest of your exhaust.

-Wastegate: Regulates the amount of boost pressure that your turbo will output.

-Intercooler: Cools off the hot compressed air coming out of the compressor side of your turbo.

-Blow Off Valve (BOV): Vents boost pressure into the atmosphere when you let off the gas.

-Oil Lines: Provides oil to and from your turbo.

I purposely left these descriptions incomplete, as you will learn so much more by researching yourself than by people spoon feeding it to you.

There are a few other misc things left to a complete turbo system, so go find out what they are.

Good Luck.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:12 AM

Those were the important things that he covered so make sure you pay attention to that , but heres my saying goodsetup+tuning(psi)=goodhp #s(reliability) do it right the first time dont cut corners with boost you and your motor will be sorry.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think the key to any build is not cutting corners to save money. That 200 dollars you may save on something is going to come back to haunt you.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHCD16y8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHCD16y8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think the key to any build is not cutting corners to save money. That 200 dollars you may save on something is going to come back to haunt you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya, but don't think you need 5000$ to build a decent kit. It depends on your personal goals.