Notices

I need AC

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need AC

This is my current turbo setup everything is great but I would like to use my car more as a daily driver. I would like to know if anyone out there with a DC2/DCR that is boosted and has factory AC. I would like to know what manifold you are using and how much power the setup is.

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I need AC

http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/go...-manifold.html
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you mount the a/c compressor with your current manifold? Inline pro, autoworks or Lht Performance all have log manifolds that will work for a/c. I have a Full-Race a/c manifold but it heatsoaks everything so I would steer clear of those if you want a a/c that works properly.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I also have the full race AC manifold. I haven't had any heatsoak issues with the AC system but the fact the compressor inlet faces the radiator in a weird angle it really makes it a challenge to mount a fan big enough to keep it running cool. I made a custom 4" intake for my gt3076r but it's a tight squeeze with the slimmest fan i could get.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have just what you need!

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=3091480
Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sp00led
I also have the full race AC manifold. I haven't had any heatsoak issues with the AC system but the fact the compressor inlet faces the radiator in a weird angle it really makes it a challenge to mount a fan big enough to keep it running cool. I made a custom 4" intake for my gt3076r but it's a tight squeeze with the slimmest fan i could get.
can you post a picture of your setup so we all can see how that 4'' intake looks like? I have a similar issue and my setup is a little ghetto rigged to get the radiator and fan to fit and I also had a shop redo the AC line but thats a lil ghetto too :/

looking to redo all this so it would help OP and myself if we can see the setup. thanks!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OP, I forgot to mention that I'm running the SpoolinPerformance Quick4 manifold thats supposed to be AC compatible but for some reason I had to have a custom AC line made (which looks ghetto as heck) and I also had to tilt my radiator a bit to make it fit. AC works and gets cold but temperature will start to climb after about 5 minutes...Ive never let let climb any higher then SLIGHTLY below halfway mark between Hot and Cold so I'm not actually sure if it will actually overheat or not.

heres my setup for reference: (you can see the AC line that runs from the driver's side-->under the radiator support-->in front of the radiator and out the other side between the radiator and the passenger side headlight...which is why the radiator is tilted a bit)

Old 10-04-2012, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm piecing my turbo setup together now and i've got the fullrace A/C ramhorn i just plan on heat wrapping my manifold AND down pipe along with getting a properly vented hood to keep engine temps down, and running pusher fans on the ac and radiator. my car is a 99 Civic though so i've got that upper grill that comes in pretty handy for keeping things cool also though.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Toyota prius a/c compressors are electric rather than belt powered, so they can be mounted anywhere.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bgdriver
Toyota prius a/c compressors are electric rather than belt powered, so they can be mounted anywhere.
more info or pics? sounds interesting.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sp00led
Is your manifold heat wrapped? I have mine ceramic coated and I feel like that was a waste of money. I want to try DEI wrap or get it atp wrapped (inconel). I have a koyo rad and13in spal fan and my car still gets pretty warm on a hot day. I have struggled to get my a/c working I now need a new compressor. I feel your pain on the intake with my gt35r I cannot run a filter on the turbo. I'm considering running a tucked radiator to allow the needed space to run a proper turbo filter.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bgdriver
Yes more info on this please. It would certainly be nice to keep ac but be able to mount the unit somewhere other than the front of the block where there is already 20 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag. Ill be retaining AC myself as well but am looking into braided lines or anything other than the factory setup to keep it clean & easy to work with.