Notices

I got all this for 600!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got all this for 600!!!!

ok so i will be posting pics up when i clean everything up but this is what i got for $600 from a friend of a friend. its been sitting in his garage for a little over a year and he wanted to get rid of it asap so i came in and swoooped on the dealsy! aight this is what i got....

-complete b18c gsr longblock still on the pallet... never put in.
-a set of extra gsr piston/rods and ls piston/rods
-b16a head with type r valves and retainers
-brand new eagle rods and type r pistons
-extra bare LS block
-extra 2000 GSR crankshaft
-type r oil pump
-moroso oil pan
-acl bearings

so it looks like ill be selling some of this stuff to get a type r tranny. more or likely ill be selling the oil pan, extra ls block, the gsr head with the manifold most likely, and maybe the crankshaft thats coming ot the gsr longblock. OK SO HERES MY QUESTION... i been out the game for about 2 years now but i recently just got back in. my last project... i had my 99 si with a t3/t04e.... nothing special. and it was my first turbo build. i was wondering how much boost i would be able to push if i decided to use the type r pistons? i am looking for about 400whp dd with a sc61. i know the compression is a little high, which is why i wanna know if i can do it.... now i know its probably possible but i will have little room for tuning..... sooooo would it just be better if i sold the type r pistons for some lower compressions??? more or less... i think i will sell the type r pistons for something lower compresssion anyways but if enough people have done this.... i might just go ahead with it since i already have them on hand.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I got all this for 600!!!! (bnut510)

Thats one of the craziest deals ever.

All ur missing is a car.Make sure who ever that **** got stolen from doesnt read HT

Dont use those R pistons for 400hp, get some cheap forgeds or something.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: I got all this for 600!!!! (bnut510)

so this will be my setup....

-b18c gsr
-eagle rods w/ something in mind for lower compression pistons... need help with sizeing as well
-BLOX log mani... for now just cuz i got one laying around brand new.
-gsr cams for now till i get my hands on some type r cams
-b16 head type r valves/retainers
-type r tranny
-255 walbro pump
-at least 700cc injectors... think 1000 would be overkill for 400whp?
-hondata s300
-tial wastegate.... what size recomendation???

thats the bulk of things... if i forgot to add something please feel free to say something. ill probably be bringing the car to DNR for tuning.... unless any of u SUPERMAN tuners on hondatech will be coming to the bay area in about 6 months or so....

so anyways... a couple more questions...

1) what size wastegate should i be using and will my BLOX mani even fit anything bigger than the minimum?

2) piston size and compression?? would something within the vicintiy of 10:1 be ok or should i go with a 9:1? like i said... i plan on boosting a fair amount to reach my 400whp goal.... and i think the type r pistons will be to high?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: I got all this for 600!!!! (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats one of the craziest deals ever.

All ur missing is a car.Make sure who ever that **** got stolen from doesnt read HT

Dont use those R pistons for 400hp, get some cheap forgeds or something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

nah its not stolen.... got it from my friends friend... and he spends money like it grows on trees i guess... talk about a deal of a lifetime huh? my roomates were hella butthurt when they heard what i got lol. i got the car already to.... i recently picked up a bone stock eg hatch that i been using as a daily driver for a while. im ready for the beast within!