Notices

I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!!

OK....so I have been trying to keep it a secret, but it's just been bottling up! My new build will be done within the next two weeks as soon as the block comes back this week from the machine shop. We are shooting for 400-450whp on pump gas (93 Octane), and we're gonna do it on a b16. Details of build:

B16 Block:
-84mm with Darton Sleeves
-84mm JE 10.5:1 Pistons
-Crower Rods
-ARP Head Studs

B16a2 Head:
-Stock Headgasket
-Ferrea Valves
-REV Springs/Retainers
-JG Victor X Intake Manifold
-Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket

Turbo Setup:
-Precision GT35E Turbo
-Inline Pro Manifold
-Tial 38mm Wastegate w/ .7 bar spring
-HKS SS BOV
-2.5" Downpipe to a custom 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust
-Fast-turbo.com Oil Feed/Return Lines

Electronics:
-AVCR Boost Controller
-Greddy 52mm White Boost Gauge
-Greddy 52mm White EGT Gauge

Fuel and Ignition:
-Hondata S200B
-Precision 880 Injectors
-STR Fuel Rail
-Walbro 255 In Tank Fuel Pump
-MSD 6A
-Blaster 2 Coil
-MSD Cap

Drivetrain:
-JDM GSR Tranny w/ LSD
-ACT Double XT Clutch with SS Disc
-Gator Stage 2 Axles
-4 15" Rota C8's in Bronze with 205/50/15 Yokohama AVS ES100
-2 15" Rota C8's in Bronze with 205/50/15 BFG G-Force Drag Radials

Suspension:
-Tein SS Coilover System
-Stock Front Strut Tower Brace
-Top Speed Rear Strut Tower Brace
-Skunk2 Rear Lower Tie Bar

Misc:
-Fluidyine Radiator with Slimline Fan
-B&M Slimline AC Condensor with Slimline Fan
-Place Racing Motor Mounts all the way around
-Recaro SRD's
-Greddy Oil Catch Can

As soon as we get the car tuned I will get some Dyno sheets posted and also get some pics of the car/block posted.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (Bulldogg83)

That a real good setup. Keep us posted
Old 07-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (Turbocivic94)

I dont think you will have a probably reaching that goal. 10:5...you should see it quickly i would think
Old 07-11-2004, 10:48 AM

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (redturbocivic)

thats gona be real nice man.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:54 AM

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (hulkhb)

It's really hard to not start telling people about your buildup and keeping it a secret. I managed to keep the sleeved block part of my build up a secret until I posted it on here for sale and that let the cat out of the bag..... lol.

mmmm. . . . high compression and turbo! gotta love it. good luck with everything!
Old 07-11-2004, 11:03 AM
TurboJesse

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (RenoRacing)

why the high compression on a pump gas motor?
Old 07-11-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (Mpir3)

Figured it be easier to get to my goal with less amount of boost.....high compression, big bore, short stroke
Old 07-11-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (Bulldogg83)

This might present quite a challenge especially in the area of detonation. Watch that pump gas with the high CR, I have learnt that the highest you should safely go is 98~10:1 with boost, I ran a 10: 1 with boost and it was a monster, however i had to be sure that my DFI was tuned properly and I had lots of fuel. I also ran the Aeromotive external 1000cc with 850 RCs
Old 07-11-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (Liltrix)

thanks for the advise
Old 07-11-2004, 11:34 AM

wow! good luck with it
Old 07-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like a good setup. I cant remember. What happened to your last motor? How did you decide on piston brand and compression?
Old 07-11-2004, 11:43 AM

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (0x64)

Last motor was a stock JDM b16 from 1991 and the rings blew after a month and a half, and now I am running on a JDM b16 from 1994 and it's been doing fine. As far as deciding on the pistons is was more or less who had what on the shelf for a 84mm and went with that......
Old 07-11-2004, 11:49 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Good lUck my C_Walkin Hommie Let me know when It finished So I can race you on my bike.
BTW...I lost your number IM me. I lost everyones number. Phone flew out on the bike.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:51 AM

Default Re: (HybridcivicLS-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good lUck my C_Walkin Hommie Let me know when It finished So I can race you on my bike.
BTW...I lost your number IM me. I lost everyones number. Phone flew out on the bike.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol....owned
Old 07-11-2004, 11:54 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: (Bulldogg83)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bulldogg83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol....owned</TD></TR></TABLE>

Insurance owns.........Im glad I had it.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:55 AM

u claimed your cell phone on insurance?
Old 07-11-2004, 12:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bulldogg83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Figured it be easier to get to my goal with less amount of boost.....high compression, big bore, short stroke </TD></TR></TABLE>

Go read this thread. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=848241

508 WHP at 18 pounds of boost on an 85mm LS/VTEC, 10.5:1 comp.

Compare that to Mikes01GSR. 9:1 compression, 84.5MM GSR motor (less displacement than the 85MM LS/VTEC), a slightly smaller turbo, 1 more pound of boost and it made a bit more horsepower. Think about it man, if high compression made so damn much power, shouldn't the motor with a bigger turbo, larger displacement, a lot more compression, and a lot more timing in it (the 508 WHP motor was run on 114 octane, mikes GSR was ran on 104 octane. Safe to say the 114 octane car was ran with a bunch more timing) make a bundle more power than the weak low compression motor, the one that is going to have crappy off boost response?

It is my humble opinion that you are not going to make 450 WHP on pump gas with 10.5:1 compression, with a tune that will see the motor survive at all on the street. Compression does not make power, boost makes power. Especially on a small B16 you should have gone 9:1 so you could actually run a decent amount of boost.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:22 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (Chip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It is my humble opinion that you are not going to make 450 WHP on pump gas with 10.5:1 compression, with a tune that will see the motor survive at all on the street. Compression does not make power, boost makes power. Especially on a small B16 you should have gone 9:1 so you could actually run a decent amount of boost.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, i would kept it 9:1 and Stock bore. Run less timing and a whole lot of boost

Anyways good luck, def a sick setup. What are your goals on race gas?
Old 07-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Banned

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (Chip)

You should've run 20:1 compressin and 2 psi boost. Thats the ticket. That way you can make 150 HP per psi boost. I mean as long as you have _____________ &lt;----(fill in blank with tuner of the week) tune it with ________ then you should have no problem making 450whp on 87 octane gas.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (danl)

I see you went with the high compression. You shouldnt be boost limited, but horespower limited, meaning why do you want to run less boost to get more hp? That is all just for bragging rights, but really who cares? You will always make more hp with boost, so running a low compression on pump gas is probably the right ticket. But what do I know.

Look at what everyone is doing and do the opposite....
Old 07-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Banned

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I see you went with the high compression. You shouldnt be boost limited, but horespower limited, meaning why do you want to run less boost to get more hp? That is all just for bragging rights, but really who cares? You will always make more hp with boost, so running a low compression on pump gas is probably the right ticket. But what do I know.

Look at what everyone is doing and do the opposite....</TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean to tell me that turbocharged motors make more power than super high compression normally aspirated motors? You mean to tell me that a low compression motor has more volume to fill with boost pressure at the bottom of the piston stroke than a higher compression motor with its piston up higher (thus reducing volume). You mean to tell me that you can safely pack this larger volume with more pressure (boost) and theoretically more air molecules?

Hell na dogg, hell na……………………
Old 07-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (danl)

lol.. hell yeah!

And I know people will diagree with me and thats fine. I am not here to argue, but state my opinion.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Be careful tuning on 93 with that high of compression.

Let us know how it turns out
Old 07-12-2004, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I see you went with the high compression. You shouldnt be boost limited, but horespower limited, meaning why do you want to run less boost to get more hp? That is all just for bragging rights, but really who cares? You will always make more hp with boost, so running a low compression on pump gas is probably the right ticket. But what do I know.

Look at what everyone is doing and do the opposite....</TD></TR></TABLE>

this week's new is last week's old..
Old 07-12-2004, 07:25 AM

Default Re: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!! (espanol)

Damn brian I see your moving on up, good luck with the build

Can't wait to see it on the road.

And damn I havent seen you guys in a while, I need to come hang out

Quick Reply: I Can't Hold It Any Longer.....Details of New Build Inside!!!!!!!