Notices

I am opening a shop and needed some suggestions for distributors...Thanks Guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 07:42 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We are opening a shop and needed some suggestions for distributors...Thanks Guys!!

I posted this in here because I am probably most well known in here.. I will ask the moderators to move this post to other forums after I get some responses in each one.. I am really looking for alot of suggestions so I can find a great couple of distributors.. I need cosmetic items such as altezzas and body kits (I know, I know) as well as performance. I just would like to know which distributors you guys go with who have or work at shops..It is very expensive to go straight to the company. I know some companies have a very large buy-in and with us just starting out, that is not a viable option yet. Thanks for helping another upcoming shop out.

[Modified by Damon501, 4:18 PM 2/22/2002]
Old 02-21-2002, 08:11 PM
New User

Default Re: I am opening a shop and needed some suggestions for distributors...Thanks Guys!! (Damon501)

I know a lot of the speed shops get a lot of their stuff from Options www.optauto.com . I believe if you look at any of their ads they have a phone # for distributors. I For altezza lights and mumbo jumbo like that, you could contact Darkside Motoring in Chatsworth, CA. I'm pretty sure they distribute as well. Good luck with the business and don't forget to hook up the h-t members.

[Modified by HENRY, 5:12 AM 2/22/2002]
Old 02-22-2002, 08:41 AM
New User

Default Re: I am opening a shop and needed some suggestions for distributors...Thanks Guys!! (HENRY)

ttt
Old 02-22-2002, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am opening a shop and needed some suggestions for distributors...Thanks Guys!! (Damon501)

like for myself and my shop thats gettign ready to go live is first off do as many large companies you can. Greddy Apex HKS stuff like that. Dont be scared of the buy in. You gotta start somewhere. Then go with companies that you know there products will sell. Also remember you gotta cater to those people that want other products as well. Pro-motion is a good distrib for some stuff as well. Theres alot of different people out there that you can go threw. But defintiely do the big parties its easier.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:06 AM
New User

Default Re: I am opening a shop and needed some suggestions for distributors...Thanks Guys!! (b18bturbo)

Thanks Viren.. Its Polk and I who are doing the shop.. We just signed the papers on it yesterday. The buy-ins with some companies are huge.. I know turbonetics is like 10K.. Can you im me privately and give me an idea of some of the other larger company's buy-ins are.. we called revhard and i cant remember theirs but it was high too.. if you wanna chat my AIM is: DamonBoost .... I was thinking maybe just pick one or two compaines to do a buy in at first. .whatever we can afford then pick two or three good dist's to go through in order to get the ball rolling then do some group buys to pick up some more.. thanks again Viren
Old 03-08-2002, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt
Old 03-08-2002, 08:12 AM
New User

Default Re: I am opening a shop and needed some suggestions for distributors...Thanks Guys!! (drivingchallen

For your generic stuff I'd say ProMotion -626-333-1400 I think. For your more performance oriented stuff I'd say XS engineering. I would also recommend Carisma for body kits. For bulbs and some JDM stuff I'd say SPW.