Notices

Hybrid TurboCharger Question (Already Looked) Need Help....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid TurboCharger Question (Already Looked) Need Help....

I got a quick turbo hybrid question for all that builded a hybrid turbo themself. I was givin a free turbo from my father about a month ago ( The turbo is a HT3B Garrett Turbo Charger, PN/T4 1100-9000) The turbo compressor is Godzilla Like Big I was wondering what's the best turbo i can use to make this thing a hybid. and also iam kind looking to go something like a .68 compressor and keep my exhaust housing at .90 or something like that. I hope i didn't confuse anybody to well. Pardon the language iam Puerto Rican with a killed english language. Any Help Would Be Great...
Old 09-19-2006, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hybrid TurboCharger Question (Already Looked) Need Help.... (Radyjr)

bump...1
Old 09-19-2006, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Hybrid TurboCharger Question (Radyjr)

That turbo is something that usually comes from desiel trucks, they like it in sequential setups. Typically people will use the larger compressor side from a large turbo and put it onto a smaller T3 turbo's center cartridge and turbine. That turbo is more like a T4 (it probably also has the divided exhaust), as its sized to flow 1100 cfm (700hp+).

I really can't say what can be used with this turbo. Holset and Garrett make basicly this same turbo but with slight internal differences, but I wouldn't count on it. You could check on some turbo desiel forums (BIG truck forums), but I can tell you right now, that turbo is WAY too big for any honda inline-4.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hybrid TurboCharger Question (HiProfile)

Yes that's correct the Exhaust Side Housing has a divider on it. I know some people here on honda-tech are running a exhaust housing this big but with a smaller compressor side housing. what type of garret compressor housing should i use for the T4 Exhaust Housing. i want big power but i also dont what the **** to finally kick in at 5700 to 6000rmpp late. i would like something like high 3k or early to mid 4k rpm. and also would like to know what kind of trouble fittment i can have with this t4 Exhaust housing. Any Help Is Highly Apppreciated