Notices

HUGE PROBLEM!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HUGE PROBLEM!!

ALRIGHT HERE IT ISS
I HAVE LSVTEC, 81.5MM BORE, WISECO PISTONS EAGLE RODS... .0037 P2W CLEARANCE. 60/63 TRIM TURBO, STOCK INJECTORS... I HAVE NOT TUNED YET BECAUSE I AM BREAKING IN THE ENGINE AND CLUTCH, AND SORTING OUT SMALL ISSUES BEFORE I TUNE.. I ONLY HAVE 100 MILES ON ENGINE AND HIGHEST I REVED TO WAS 5000, AND ITS ONLY BOOSTING 5PSI.. I WAS DRIVING IT AND TOOK IT TO 5 GRAND TO SEE HOW IT WOULD PULL.... I STOPPED AT A STOP LIGHT AND IT WAS IDLING KIND OF ROUGH AND A LITTLE LOW. I PULLED OVER AND POPPED THE HOOD, THERE WAS SMOKE COMING FROM THE BACK OF ENGINE (EATHER DOWNPIPE, OR PCV BOX), AND I WAS WAS GETTING ALOT OF BLOW BY AIR COMING FROM THE OIL CAP.... COULD THIS BE THE VAVLE SEALS, OR PISTON RINGS??... THESE ARE BRAND NEW PISTON RINGS THOUGH, AND NEVER THEY SMOKED BEFORE...... I ONLY BUILT THE BLOCK, AND HAVE KEPT THE HEAD STOCK, NEVER TOUCHED IT....????????? HELP ME..
Old 05-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HUGE PROBLEM!!

Have you tried a compression test?
Old 05-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have a nice day

Last edited by vwbased; 01-27-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: have a nice day
Old 05-03-2010, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why did you even boost on it??? You have STOCK injectors and tune. That is just asking for trouble.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was trying to break in the engine with very low boost... I didn't think it would cause harm.... Ok istarted the engine this morning.. It still has air coming out of the oil cap but when I rev it a lil it stops... I saw my fuel pressure was low and I have a little fuel leak...
Old 05-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

After reading the previous threads you have created over your motor and its assembly, I have to give my unprofessional opinion that you probably shouldnt of assembled your motor yourself.... from stripping rod bolts to driving around with fuel leaks to boosting on a stock ecu/injectors not thinking it would cause any harm, does something not seem right about this to you??

I recommend you give hand the car over to a professional before you ruin everything....
Old 05-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 96 GSR-T
After reading the previous threads you have created over your motor and its assembly, I have to give my unprofessional opinion that you probably shouldnt of assembled your motor yourself.... from stripping rod bolts to driving around with fuel leaks to boosting on a stock ecu/injectors not thinking it would cause any harm, does something not seem right about this to you??

I recommend you give hand the car over to a professional before you ruin everything....
thats what i said before but i got bashed for it, lol.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its the shear fact that u boosted your BRAND NEW engine with 100 miles on it with standard injectors and a stock map!the rings at this point would of still being worn in and boosting it was the worst thing you could have done, it all boils down to the fact that u never ever boost a car with standard honda injectors and a standard map, your a/f would of been off the scale and its a shock it still runs
Old 05-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kyden
thats what i said before but i got bashed for it, lol.
Glad I could reinforce your statement, hopefully the OP does the right thing because so far what he has done has been a disaster.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

2nd that, hand it to a pro. What was your ignition timing at? You probably don't wanna hear this but you've probably done some damage. Get a pro to compression test it/ and leakdown.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont need people telling me what i should have done.. it was not on a stock basemap.... its has different basmap for boost ok.... it still has some blowby in the oil cap but when i rev it it goes away... it stopped smoking and idk what happend... so all of you that are criticizing me, stop it, and offer some helpful advice on what could possibly be the problem.......
Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

We have, but you have yet to do a compression test. Or anything else for that matter.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turboman2.2
i dont need people telling me what i should have done.. it was not on a stock basemap.... its has different basmap for boost ok.... it still has some blowby in the oil cap but when i rev it it goes away... it stopped smoking and idk what happend... so all of you that are criticizing me, stop it, and offer some helpful advice on what could possibly be the problem.......
We are not criticizing you man, if you dont need people telling you what you should do then why are we even having this conversation?
Old 05-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I recommend you check compression and if everything checks out OK tow it to a tuner and have it tunes. You should never break in an engine without a proper tune. A 'base map' is not a replacement for a proper tune and really is useless.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tell me you atleast have a wideband?

If you don't i have one for sale brand new.

Includes display,sensor has a built in datalogger with
software. $150-NEW-
Old 05-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahah turbomans threads are always full of lulz

beating on an untuned motor ftw.

break it in and tune it on the dyno next time.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

compression test please! i have no idea why you wouldnt break in the engine and clutch w/o the turbo on... but since you already slapped it on and did the deed you need to have the test done to see if you have some permanent damage. Some blow by is normal but smoking is not...
Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by welfarepc
hahah turbomans threads are always full of lulz

beating on an untuned motor ftw.

break it in and tune it on the dyno next time.
hahaha, i know honda tech is the ****... i just barely got the civic in december, didnt know ****, an just did built it all.... i just got it tuned, stock sleeves 514hp at 24psi
Old 05-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i know the problem...STOCK INJECTORS, NO TUNE and i would be willing to bet are running the stock plugs with the gap autozone told you to set. Pull the plugs, i can almost promise you that your plugs look like they are covered in silver glitter. That is from detonation and is some of your pistons fused on the plugs.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do you have a catchcan?
Old 05-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turboman2.2
hahaha, i know honda tech is the ****... i just barely got the civic in december, didnt know ****, an just did built it all.... i just got it tuned, stock sleeves 514hp at 24psi
no comment lol
Old 05-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94GSRMR
do you have a catchcan?
yea.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dantamparacer
i know the problem...STOCK INJECTORS, NO TUNE and i would be willing to bet are running the stock plugs with the gap autozone told you to set. Pull the plugs, i can almost promise you that your plugs look like they are covered in silver glitter. That is from detonation and is some of your pistons fused on the plugs.
they werent covered in any glitter, and they are gapped to .024, bkr7e.. oh and i am running e85
Old 05-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i agree.

Quick Reply: HUGE PROBLEM!!