Notices

how rating on golden eagle block and customer service

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how rating on golden eagle block and customer service

I recently sent a block to golden eagle and just received a few weeks ago.
I will be writing a full report and photos and my complaints.

But however, this is brift rating and summary. (1 - 10 and 10 being excellent)

*customer service (7)

*fulfilling customers request (4)

*sleeving (10)

*following parts manufacture (1)
torque spec's on rod's w/recommend lube

*follow up (2)

This is just my personal (option) rating of golden eagle.
I will be taking the motor apart and willing be recheck their work(clearances, bore, piston to wall clearance, piston rings end gaps, and crank end play).

When I recieved my block back - I had parts missing that was with the block when I shipped it. And, when I call for spec. the rep. seems to be pulling numbers out of there a#$.

All that I can say now is, I should have had JG or DPR build my block. At least they give a full report w/Spec. of your motors. even at my request to golden eagle all I got was a list of who made the parts and a oil clearance.
I should have just build it myself!
saving $400.00 and time to have golden eagle do it - now I'm not so sure that it was worth it!

Like I said, I will be writing a better report on this.

oh! just in case. this is my back ground.

A.S.E master tech
gold level Honda Tech
Phase 1 emission certified
6 year with honda
2 years with nissan

engine back ground.
1yr on head rebuild and porting
2 year rebuilding honda motors
Old 07-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (HONDADNA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HONDADNA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">engine back ground.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

So, if you know all this ****... Why didn't you just have them sleeve it, and put it togather yourself?
Old 07-07-2003, 02:02 AM

I know right...

Old 07-07-2003, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (sparq)

i want to know how well GE did on the assm of your engine. keep us updated

you said you are going to tear it down and rebuild, correct???
Old 07-07-2003, 06:33 AM

Default Re: (2.2Lcivic)

I want you to learn English before you write your report.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:56 AM

Default Re: (B Speed)

Just to let you all know, we stretch gauge the rod bolts on install so it doesn't matter what lube you use on the bolts. Stretch gauging the bolts is the real way to get the correct TQ. Also, our reps. are not engine builders, so they do the best they can with what they know. I will now be shipping ALL engines with the spec sheet. This way there is no misunderstanding.

Modified by GoldenEagleMfg.com at 4:11 PM 7/7/2003
Old 07-08-2003, 08:28 PM

Default Re: (2.2Lcivic)

GE sleeves is still far the best with their build-in finger susport; whereas compare to dart and JG - Where it restricts coolant flow to the head.

The only reason that i second guess their work is because 1) molly lube was used rather than what was recommended, 2) I had missing parts when the motor was shipped back to me, and 3) when i requested for a spec. sheet report it was not fulfilled.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:32 PM

Default Re: (B Speed)

Well how's this -- f!#k like what you did yo m@m .
Old 07-08-2003, 09:33 PM

Default Re: (GoldenEagleMfg.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoldenEagleMfg.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just to let you all know, we stretch gauge the rod bolts on install so it doesn't matter what lube you use on the bolts. Stretch gauging the bolts is the real way to get the correct TQ. Also, our reps. are not engine builders, so they do the best they can with what they know. I will now be shipping ALL engines with the spec sheet. This way there is no misunderstanding.

Modified by GoldenEagleMfg.com at 4:11 PM 7/7/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

I still say that you guys have the best sleeves on market. I just think when customers purchase a completed short block from Golden Eagle; the customer should how what was done to it, not just what parts was replaced.
I just felt like Golden Eagle just took my money, with no clue to what was done to it, except for what parts were replaced. And on top of that, I have parts missing that was with the motor that did not came back with the motor.(oil pan, oil pick up, baffle plate, and rear main seal plate). And, when I looked at the rod's; I noticed a different lube was used on the bolts with no explanation. So, I just got thinking what else was not done correctly.
It's like repairing a customer car at the dealer, billing them $3700 for it, and not explainning to them what was done to it and find out later that the technician forgot to reinstall some of the components back. of course you would think - Did they do their jod right? I hope you see and understand my side of the fence.

No hard feelings - customer feed backs are always good any ways.

Rob was great - really helpful - calls back like says .

Modified by HONDADNA at 7:24 AM 7/9/2003

Modified by HONDADNA at 7:30 AM 7/9/2003
Old 07-08-2003, 10:18 PM

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (matt_sb2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by matt_sb2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So, if you know all this ****... Why didn't you just have them sleeve it, and put it togather yourself?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess you should learn how to read and understand it before you open your mouth. Well I quess it shows, your just too stupid for that! Well like I stated before, I've saved $400 by having GE just to build it. Plus when blue printing a short block, it's better to have the machine shop technician built it; just in case remachining is needed to get the correct oil clearance for the mains and rods journals.

KNOCK! KNOCK! DID YOUR BRAIN GET THAT WELL TAKE A SEAT, HAVE A AND THINK - BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH.......
Old 07-08-2003, 10:24 PM
New User

wow you sure do know how to make an impression on people....
Old 07-08-2003, 10:31 PM
New User

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (VaporTrail)

Jeez.

[insert Jackass award winner.jpg here]

I hope GE gets your block right and sends you a photocopy of each and every engine builder's ******* along with it. If you were my customer, second guessing MY work, I'd be pissed.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:14 AM

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (SiR Kid)

I also think that you need to take some english classes and stop slamming people that you dont even know! My guess would be you dont have alot of friends
Old 07-09-2003, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A.S.E master tech
gold level Honda Tech
6 year with honda
2 years with nissan

engine back ground.

With that resume, I find it hard to believe that you would not have built the motor yourself. I hope these sleeves don't drop on you if you are this upset about bolt lube and some specs you could obtain yourself in an hour as an experienced builder.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:41 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HONDADNA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
All that I can say now is, I should have had JG or DPR build my block. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This post should have been over once this comment was said, haha. Keep us posted anyways with your assesment.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (SIXTYdashONE)

Take your next motor to Jasper......they build some kickass motors
Old 07-09-2003, 07:59 AM

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (93LSivic)

I trust GE sleeves but what are your thoughts on AEBS sleeving, heard they may be the best out there!
Old 07-09-2003, 09:27 AM

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (shadyCTR)

I explained the lube thing before. I could have used snot for lube, as long as the strecth was checked and verified, which is was. I am sure that the missing parts have been, or will be shipped back to you. I apologize if we did that. If you haven't called to report them missing, then please do so a.s.a.p. so we can get them out to you. Also, I hope you have some good measuring equipment. I use all Mitutoyo and Sunnen so I can check up to .0001", plastigauge can't do that!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2003, 09:38 AM

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (GoldenEagleMfg.com)

yeah take it take it you like that!
Old 07-09-2003, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (earl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by earl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A.S.E master tech
gold level Honda Tech
6 year with honda
2 years with nissan

engine back ground.

With that resume, I find it hard to believe that you would not have built the motor yourself. </TD></TR></TABLE>
That's what i was thinking...Why pay someone when your qualified to do the work yourself..sounds like a load of crap to me.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (GoldenEagleMfg.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoldenEagleMfg.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just to let you all know, we stretch gauge the rod bolts on install
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats the proper way to do it....reccommended torque values are just estimates on strectching bolts. The proper way to torque bolts down is to stretch them.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:52 AM

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (GoldenEagleMfg.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoldenEagleMfg.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I explained the lube thing before. I could have used snot for lube, as long as the strecth was checked and verified, which is was. I am sure that the missing parts have been, or will be shipped back to you. I apologize if we did that. If you haven't called to report them missing, then please do so a.s.a.p. so we can get them out to you. Also, I hope you have some good measuring equipment. I use all Mitutoyo and Sunnen so I can check up to .0001", plastigauge can't do that!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have already called about my missing parts and did got them back.
I was just upset that I was given the run around when I requested a spec. sheet of my motor for the future, just in case. and after, I made four request; all I got was a maker of the parts and oil clearance - no torque spec.'s for rod's, piston to wall clearance, ring end gap meassurements, crank shaft end play, cylinder taper, ect..

And, I had parts missing on top of this - I'm not too concern about the rod bolt oil thing - I under that bolt stretch gauge is more accurate than a normal torque wrech; for, I know that all toque wrech are about 3% +/- accurate and even snap - on's $400 plus torque wrench is only 1% +/- accurate.

I was more mad that I did not get a spec sheet for my motor - that all!
Like I said hope no hard feeling about this .

Modified by HONDADNA at 8:35 AM 7/10/2003
Old 07-09-2003, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoldenEagleMfg.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I use all Mitutoyo and Sunnen so I can check up to .0001", plastigauge can't do that!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice stuff. I use Mitutoyo as well.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:16 PM

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (earl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by earl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A.S.E master tech
gold level Honda Tech
6 year with honda
2 years with nissan

engine back ground.

With that resume, I find it hard to believe that you would not have built the motor yourself. I hope these sleeves don't drop on you if you are this upset about bolt lube and some specs you could obtain yourself in an hour as an experienced builder. </TD></TR></TABLE>

it's not about the lube used nor the spec I requested. But it's the fact that, I paid for a service and my request was only 80% fulfilled.

I already obtained the spec.'s my self
I used
k-line (central - bore gauge/.0001, flowler mic.'s/.0001, kline bolt scretch indicator/.0001) I had to call cunnigham for rod bolt spec.'s
Old 07-09-2003, 11:23 PM

Default Re: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service (intercooledJRSC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by intercooledJRSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I also think that you need to take some english classes and stop slamming people that you dont even know! My guess would be you dont have alot of friends </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not a *** - but if someone acts like one - I can be one too. Well just to be *******, F#$K U! So, how's my English now bitch! your sister is my friend - LAST NIGHT !

Quick Reply: how rating on golden eagle block and customer service