Notices

How much NOS

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much NOS

LET ME CORRECT MYSELF AND SAY NITROUS OXIDE ,,IM VERY VERY SORRY FOR CALLING IT NOS.I KNOW IM NOT VIN DEISEL AND THATS SOMETHING ILL HAVE TO JUST EXCEPT AND LIVE WITH.LOL
ok,,i searched but i couldnt get a straight answer, Im currently swapping a 98 spec ITR motor and tranny into my eg coupe. Its stock with exception of buddy club valve springs,retainers and spec 3 cams. I have a zex wet kit laying around from my old car..Im just wondering if i ran a 65 or 75 shot would be dangerous with this engine ..I would only be using the spray for track days wich arent that often. My goal is to get the car to run 12s on a drag radial or slick. Also im keeping the AC and powersteering in this car..I want it to remain very drivable..So what do u guys think?

Last edited by 4doorekITR; 12-17-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:13 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...trous+official
Old 12-17-2008, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

normally i don't reply to threads asking qeustions about N2O or nitrous but pronounce it as NAWZ or NOS. IT'S N2O or NITROUS.

anyway, i have the same setup as you except for a totally stock 96 spec ITR motor in my eg coupe with the addition of a 50-75 shot.

with the 50 shot, last event i ran a slow 13.3@114mph due a slipping clutch, street tires@24psi, unprepped airstrip, worn synchro's and pig rich nitrous tune (dead laptopbattery)
i know i would've hit twelves with a proper clutch, proper tirepressure, good synchro's and better a/f ratio. 60ft on the 13.3 run was 2.45, can easily get it down to 2.1.
and the 75 shot feels WAAAYY faster properly tuned then the rich 50tune, but i have not ran it at the track jet. better clutch, flywheel, synchro's are waiting to get in, so twelves should be easy peanuts.

with you having the 98 ITR with the BCIII cams and a 75 shot on a prepped track should easily do 12's, street tires or slicks no prob.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man..sorry but i just didnt feel like typing out nitrous,.im not one of these guys running around yelling about NOS,hah..i dont even say it like that unless im typing and im feeling lazy.Sorry..thanks for the help though.. im gonna go with the 75 shot tuned on hondata s300..It should be good.Im running an ACT 6 puck and heavy duty pressure plate so i shouldnt have a slippage issue.I cant wait for spring.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4doorekITR
thanks man..sorry but i just didnt feel like typing out nitrous,.im not one of these guys running around yelling about NOS,hah..i dont even say it like that unless im typing and im feeling lazy.Sorry..thanks for the help though.. im gonna go with the 75 shot tuned on hondata s300..It should be good.Im running an ACT 6 puck and heavy duty pressure plate so i shouldnt have a slippage issue.I cant wait for spring.
if you have s300 i recommend you do a dry shot tuned trough the s300.
the hondata has excellent nitrous tools for fuel enrichments and time retarding.

why do i recommend dry (tuned trough s300) over wet?

the mixing capability's of wet style single nozzle kits are garbage. the chance you get an even mixture of nitrous and fuel to each cilinder is VERY slim at the best. that's not even taken in considiration the difference in speed/time at wich the fuel and nitrous reach the nozzle and therefore your cilinder. imagine the dense gasous N2O rushing from your solenoid to your nozzle at 1000psi, and the liquid fuel streaming from your solenoid to your nozzle at an easy 45psi. in most nitrous kits...... nitrous always arrives before fuel (when purged)and thus nitrous always arrives first at your cilinders causing a initial leanspot wich is ouch for your engine. after that your wideband may read oke (in the neighbourhood of 12:1 afr), but that's only because for example cilinder 1 and 3 are running at 14:1 afr and 2 and 4 at 10:1 totalling at the collector a nice 12:1...

the stock manifold does a good job at equally filling the cilinders with air and also equalling dividing a dry shot, adding the needed fuel trough the injectors (setup in the s300) assures you that all cilinders are getting equal fuell and 'equal' nitrous. also when you activate your system, nitrous rushing 1000psi to your engine, at the same time the needed fuel is injected at the ports and thus preventing the always painfull lean spot.....

i hope this is somewhat of a clear explanation of the disadvantages of the normal single nozzle wet shot, and the advantages of a dry shot trough the s300.
i run a dry shot trough ectune and will continue to use it upwards of a 200shot direct port