Notices

how much nitrous can a stock gsr handle ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much nitrous can a stock gsr handle ???

iam thinkin about puttin in a 100 direct port wet shot! would i be safe spraying that much? and if i wanted to spray more what should i change?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how much nitrous can a stock gsr handle ??? (ilovejdmhoes23)

ummm i would not shoot a 100 shoot w/o internals. 75 is kinda boarder line. 50 and 25 are most safe. wet is good.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

srry, lol, i did not read.

oh yeah, timing retard with n20
Old 01-16-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Re: how much nitrous can a stock gsr handle ??? (THC07)

bump
Old 01-16-2007, 02:30 PM

It all depends on your tuning skills and how much you want to invest. If you want to install a kit and go, I wouldn't go more then a 75 at the kits basic safe tuning specs.

If you want to run 100. You need good gas like VP 103, a wide band, 2 steps colder on the plugs and go to the dyno!..run a safe tune. Read Plugs, don't detonate it or it will break.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nitrous is only as dangerous as the user. People turbo GSR's to 300whp everyday on stock internals with no issues so you are telling me that no one can spray one to 300 hp on stock internals?

You can spray 100 hp all day long as long as you are doing so direct port.

The problem with single fogger nozzles and high hp app's is they start to lose the ability to properly atomize the air and fuel into a mist able to be equally ingested by all four cylinders so you end up loading 3 up and starving one. If you have a competent tuner or are willing to learn yourself by doing all the studying and learning you can, you won't have any problems.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jay_Sensing)

*knock on wood* my friend has put many bottles through his stock gsr on a 75 shot..so I'd say if you get it tuned and have direct port youd be good on a 100 shot.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To put it into perspective, in 1998, I was bored and cut a pro mod kit from the shop in half and sprayed a 125 shot through a stock auto ford probe SE for 18 months before the car was stolen and totaled. Car went through probably 200lbs of nitrous and never hiccuped.

Why, direct port and proper tuning. Cylinders recieve an equal load and nothing was detonating. You can't tell me that it was due to ford's "better engineering" and "quality being job one" lol.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:57 PM

i woudlnt run more than 50
Old 01-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtec4lyfe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec4lyfe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i woudlnt run more than 50</TD></TR></TABLE>

dido

Old 01-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like stated above, its all in tuning. I had a friend do a 175 or 200 at a gsr for months and was fine. So dont let people say " oh id only do this" its your car you do what you can afford.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MrPotatoeHead)

i don't car how you ******* tune it. you want your **** to last. no more then 50. it can handle a 100 for a little while, even with a good tune.

Crome has a step retard feature, be sure to use it if you plan on more then 50 shot.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec4lyfe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i woudlnt run more than 50</TD></TR></TABLE>

And what vast level if internet experience do you base this all enlightening post off of? If you are going to tell a guy why he should only do xxxxx, then at least try to back it up with some mechanical knowledge, otherwise, just leave it alone because you are contributing nothing to the thread other than yet another unsubstantiated internet rumor.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (THC07)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THC07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont car how you ffuckin tune it. you want your **** to last. no more then 50. it can handle a 100 for a little while, even with a good tune.

Crome has a step retard feature, be sure to use it if you plan on more then 50 shot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And yet another one, man you have no proof, only a dirty mouth and lack of communication skills. Where is your evidence to back this up? Your friends uncles exwives adopted son?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jay_Sensing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sprayed a 125 shot through a stock auto ford probe SE for 18 months before the car was stolen and totaled. Car went through probably 200lbs of nitrous and never hiccuped.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Reread that please, that's not second hand, that is what I did. Read the time, 1998, there wasn't even a decent form of timing control back then, I tuned off of plugs, audible knock, and retarding the dizzy by hand. It can be, has been, and will continue to be done. Especially now with advance methods of tuning available to anyone. Your closed minded attitude really has no place in here. Stick to what you know, leave to rest to people who already went there and did that.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:29 PM

I ran a 2 stage single fogger Nitrous set up when my H22 was stock, jetted for 50 & 70. Tuned on a dyno. Only an in-tank 255. Ran it for about a year and a half at 310HP till I built it. Held up great...Now it makes 431 on both kits
Old 01-16-2007, 04:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

the question that I have is why NOS build the motor then you don't have to worry about it any one can add spray to a motor to make it go fast for a couple of seconds however why not build the motor to go fast ALL the time for as long as you want just my .02
Old 01-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jesus man, have you ever built a motor that can go that fast "all the time"? We are talking 300whp or so at the moment.

I am completing a build right now that will be sprayed. I have quite a chunk of change into it, I would have to guess in the area of 3k or so which isn't a LOT compared to my last couple of turbo motors but still, it's only going to make about 200whp on a good day.

Now I add the magic button and for an extra 1300 bucks or so, I will be able to make 300 whp. Nitrous is a cost effective way to build power if done right. If you cheap out on it though, it can be the most expensive thing you ever bought if that makes sense.

And NCC, PUNCTUATION, I have no idea what you said in there. It was just a lot of words thrown together that I couldn't understand.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:25 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i'd say a 70 shot is pretty much what everyone with stock internals run without any problems as long as you follow the nitrous basics

colder plugs
retard timing
dont use under a certain rpm & not in 5th
forgot the exact specs but you get the idea

my bro ran a 70 shot on his y8 with bolt ons for a long long time without any problems
besides wearing out his clutch

so dont listen to those ignorant about nitrous sayin u need internals & u need this & that

just follow the basics & u should be fine with a 70 shot
Old 01-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tha_badguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tha_badguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my bro ran a 70 shot on his y8 with bolt ons for a long long time without any problems
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No offense man, but this is what I am talking about right here in the flesh.

You are getting 300 different answers from people who have different numbers on what you can do, people who have NEVER done it themselves, and people who generally don't know.

If you want to follow all this random spewing of he said she said, you will probably be fine. If you want to learn however, I suggest you leave the internet (especially this section of it) and head to your local shop and learn, or at the very LEAST, search for "post your big nitrous honda" in the FI forum, and read it from front to back.

The crap being said in this thread couldn't be further from the truth.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:49 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

whatever
mr nitrous project in the works

never done it myself but witnessed it on the daily basis for quite some time

only specs I forgot exact #'s for was what rpm not to squeeze under & the rpm to let off b4 redline

i dont consider a 70 shot to be a big nitrous build

& this noob shouldnt even consider a 100 shot until he has had some nitrous experience

i doubt he wants a big nitrous build & its highly likely he has a daily driver that he wants a lil more power out of for various reasons

a 70 shot is what I would recommend & is not something to take lightly
it would take awhile to get bored of that & want to up the shot

ps. paying someone else to build ur motor for you doesnt give u any credibility on this subject
Old 01-16-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: (tha_badguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tha_badguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'd say a 70 shot is pretty much what everyone with stock internals run without any problems as long as you follow the nitrous basics

colder plugs
retard timing
dont use under a certain rpm & not in 5th <U></U>

besides wearing out his clutch

so dont listen to those ignorant about nitrous sayin u need internals & u need this & that

just follow the basics & u should be fine with a 70 shot
</TD></TR></TABLE>

why not on fifth?
also when you guys say to tune is that only for wet and direct port systems or also dry?

Modified by lamboextreme at 8:58 PM 1/16/2007
Old 01-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lamboextreme)

gotta homie that shot 120 direct with a stock gsr in a ej coupe ran 12.6. but he only used it on the track
Old 01-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: (fmrprojects)

ah 40 weight sounds nice
Old 01-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think Jay_Sensing is right but if you decide to run the amount of nitrous he is suggesting you better have a EGT. If not I wouldnt use over 75 shot till you do. None of us have any clue as to the condition of you car as well so if there is a little problem (so small you don't its there) expect the nitrous to help show you what that problem is. That goes for every car though when you up the performance.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:48 PM

it should b fine just dun abuse it.

Quick Reply: how much nitrous can a stock gsr handle ???