Notices

How hard to reach 12's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard to reach 12's?

How much $$ would be required to install a turbo on a 98 civic and get it to run 12's with some reliability. I know its a vague question, but I'm just trying to get the ball rolling.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 02-18-2007, 03:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (jDMJeRk)

you dont even need turbo. you could just do an h22 nos and be in around $3k or so depending on how much your swap runs you..
Old 02-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

411 whp put me 12.22 @ 123 on street tires
Old 02-18-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: (electronbluehatch)

i threw together a homemade turbo kit for my stock ls motor in a 91 hatch and ran 12.8 @ 11 psi .. small 14b turbo and log mani.. i pieced it together for under 500$ ... its not hard , its not how much u gotta spend its what u do with the parts u have and how u drive.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jDMJeRk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jDMJeRk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">5k</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 02-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

my guess is around 2k, a LS-T with a pieced together T-kit with a decent tune will get you high 12's......good driver
Old 02-18-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: (DA is best)

any motor with a decent turbo kit ( pieced or bought ) will get u into 12's ... its seriously not that hard if u can drive good . and u can piece a kit for 5-600 bucks.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (97grnrs)

when he said 5k, he meant including the swap, suspension, and turbo kit- and actually doing it right rather than these half assed ssac builds you guys are talking about. hes talking about something you can daily driven and know its gonna be good up to 400whp.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zeimbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeimbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when he said 5k, he meant including the swap, suspension, and turbo kit- and actually doing it right rather than these half assed ssac builds you guys are talking about. hes talking about something you can daily driven and know its gonna be good up to 400whp.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wasn't talking about a half assed build either, I could do all of that for cheaper than 5k.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: (. a d a m)

so my setup is half assed cause i use no name stuff,.. why dont u come line up and well see who gets spanked by a half *** crx then .. i hate when ppl say they are doin it "right" because they got expensive stuff, thats nonsense if i ever heard any its about how u use what u got.. any real mechanic or tuner knows this .
Old 02-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yes i know any b-serious motor with a t-kit will do high 12's but a b20/ls only cost $400-500 were as a si or gsr cost 2k-3.5k
Old 02-18-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: (DA is best)

thats pretty interesting, so it could vary from $500 to $5000. I'm guessing if you kept the stock motor inside you would greatly cut your costs but you wouldnt be able to crank the boost on as hard? What's required for a solid turbo car build up?
Old 02-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97grnrs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so my setup is half assed cause i use no name stuff,.. why dont u come line up and well see who gets spanked by a half *** crx then .. i hate when ppl say they are doin it "right" because they got expensive stuff, thats nonsense if i ever heard any its about how u use what u got.. any real mechanic or tuner knows this . </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't let them get to you dude, most of them are just mad because after they spent all this money on doing it "right" they realize they could've done the same thing for less money. They're are some things you don't cheap out on, but at the same time, there are plenty of things you can save alot of money on if you know what you're doing.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:52 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by . a d a m &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't let them get to you dude, most of them are just mad because after they spent all this money on doing it "right" they realize they could've done the same thing for less money. They're are some things you don't cheap out on, but at the same time, there are plenty of things you can save alot of money on if you know what you're doing.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97grnrs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so my setup is half assed cause i use no name stuff,.. why dont u come line up and well see who gets spanked by a half *** crx then .. i hate when ppl say they are doin it "right" because they got expensive stuff, thats nonsense if i ever heard any its about how u use what u got.. any real mechanic or tuner knows this . </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea thats why eggum and papadakis and laskey all are running the ebay turbo kits on their tube chassis cars. i completely forgot that they are using apc intakes and ss autochrome forged pistons.
i will line up with you as soon as i finish my motor and i will hand your *** to you after youre done sweeping up the parts of your turbo kit off the track. throwing a half assed set up into a fully gutted crx doesnt mean your motor is fast, it means you have a good power to weight ratio. if i put my motor in a crx, id probably be in low 10's with the right suspension.
maybe you should learn the difference between using what you got, and mowing lawns for a few more weeks so you can obx instead of ssac. i dont need any of that full-race crap, but i can tell the difference between a quality part and ebay junk any day of the week- im sorry your wallet doesnt allow you that luxury, but youll know who blame when your motor takes a dump.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for reliability, dont skimp on a good charger, , and get yourself some eagles and forged pistons, and some valves. My freinds h22 that went 10's(about 5 years ago) ran a stock head, minus valves, ran stock springs and all.

I was able to get the following for under $2800=

lovefab mani, used
tial 40mm wg, used
turbosmart bov, used
intercooler, new
greddy profec B, used
dumptube
t bolt-couplers
60-1 turbo, new
pistons, new
cometic hg
cams, used
injectors, new
boost guage, new
3" thermal exhaust, used but new piping
oil line kit, new
egt, new
downpipe parts, new

i already had rods, built portflow head, and intake mani and throttle body, from my all motor setup

I had a complete d series kit a while back, sold for $1300, all new but the charger and mani, used garrett off a volvo with 20k, and a used rev hard mani.
AND IT WAS COMPLETE..nothing else needed to bolt on.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: (darrinbrewer)

i know i got a great power to weight ratio.. if u saw my car u would know why.. that + my motor and turbo setup = a damn fast car... im not gonna argue my point anymore cause i know from experience what ive gotten to work for me. and not to mention i love seeing peoples faces when i blow their doors off and and then they look at my car and see i pieced it all together for about as much as their mani alone cost them
Old 02-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeimbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yea thats why eggum and papadakis and laskey all are running the ebay turbo kits on their tube chassis cars. i completely forgot that they are using apc intakes and ss autochrome forged pistons.
i will line up with you as soon as i finish my motor and i will hand your *** to you after youre done sweeping up the parts of your turbo kit off the track. throwing a half assed set up into a fully gutted crx doesnt mean your motor is fast, it means you have a good power to weight ratio. if i put my motor in a crx, id probably be in low 10's with the right suspension.
maybe you should learn the difference between using what you got, and mowing lawns for a few more weeks so you can obx instead of ssac. i dont need any of that full-race crap, but i can tell the difference between a quality part and ebay junk any day of the week- im sorry your wallet doesnt allow you that luxury, but youll know who blame when your motor takes a dump.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First of all, obx and ssac are the same thing.

Second of all, punctuation, it's a ************. Did I say to run an SSAC kit? No I didn't. I said there are certain things you can save money on. My wallet can afford me pretty much anything I damn well please, I just have the intelligence to know what's necessary and what's not. I'm not going to argue this any further, thats just what I think, if you think something different, then cool, I don't really care.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

no, obx used to be garbage like how ssac is now but they realized that people werent buying their products because of it and they actually started a r&d team rather than just trying to copy every one elses design.
and you can punctuate all you want, you can understand what im saying and my grammar is better than yours will ever be, but thats not the issue here. the fact is that you dont skimp on your turbo, your manifold, your internals, replacing gaskets and/or seals, and a few other things. a turbo motor is like a house of cards, it only takes one part to fail for the whole motor to come crumbling down.
the only reason your wallet can afford you what you please is because you only want the short stick and the middle stick. idiocy is bliss and you can go without quality because youve never had quality.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeimbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no, obx used to be garbage like how ssac is now but they realized that people werent buying their products because of it and they actually started a r&d team rather than just trying to copy every one elses design.
and you can punctuate all you want, you can understand what im saying and my grammar is better than yours will ever be, but thats not the issue here. the fact is that you dont skimp on your turbo, your manifold, your internals, replacing gaskets and/or seals, and a few other things. a turbo motor is like a house of cards, it only takes one part to fail for the whole motor to come crumbling down.
the only reason your wallet can afford you what you please is because you only want the short stick and the middle stick. idiocy is bliss and you can go without quality because youve never had quality.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL dude you're a dumbshit.

SSAC products, (manifolds etc.) are made by OBX. SSAC doesn't make them, OBX does. You should probably get a slight clue as to what the expletive you are talking about before you go arguing with someone else about it.

Your grammar is better than mine will ever be? Yeah, it really shows there buddy. You can go ahead and assume whatever you like about what I've had, you don't know me, you're right, idiocy IS bliss.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:08 PM
95GSRTT

I just gotta say that if your wallet allows you to buy pretty much anything, wtf are you doing with hondas?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:22 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by . a d a m &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SSAC products, (manifolds etc.) are made by OBX. SSAC doesn't make them, OBX does. </TD></TR></TABLE>

did they tell you this at kragen or autozone when you were getting your apc spoiler and nos stickers?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95GSRTT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just gotta say that if your wallet allows you to buy pretty much anything, wtf are you doing with hondas?</TD></TR></TABLE>
ownt.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97grnrs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so my setup is half assed cause i use no name stuff,.. why dont u come line up and well see who gets spanked by a half *** crx then .. i hate when ppl say they are doin it "right" because they got expensive stuff, thats nonsense if i ever heard any its about how u use what u got.. any real mechanic or tuner knows this . </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-19-2007, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (njn63)

u guys are a bunch of ******s.

Except dude up above, that ***** funny.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:28 AM

Default Re: (93supercoupe)

lol i know thats right..both of them need to stop arguin on a thread and PM each other, cause im tired of readin some BS..and i mean, if they are racin for money im more then happy to join

Quick Reply: How hard to reach 12's?