Notices

How to get -10 AN hose ends on???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get -10 AN hose ends on???

Hey guys, I'm trying to assemble my oil-return line, but I keep getting stuck on step #4 pictured here:
http://www.anplumbing.com/SWIVEL_SEAL_HOSE_ENDS.html
When I start putting the swivel part (where the nipple & threads are) onto the hose/holding socket, the hose just pushes out. I've tried forcing it to go, but as soon as the two threads start to tighten, the hose just gets pushed out of the fitting. Does anyone have any suggestions how to keep the hose inside the fitting and keep from being pushed out?

Thanks,

Ryan P.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to get -10 AN hose ends on??? (SJP0tato)

insert the hose ALL THE WAY, that way when it pushes out, it'll push it out until it comes to the edge where the compression fitting is threaded all the way

stan
Old 03-14-2003, 12:58 PM

Default Re: How to get -10 AN hose ends on??? (Flamenco-T)

Which part do you mean all the way? When I push the hose into the little endpiece that the fitting screws into, the metal braid keeps the hose from going in any further than maybe 1/3". I tried forcing the hose further into the fitting, but it just doesn't go anymore since the little lip holds it back. :-/

Ryan P.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

make sure the metal braid is not frayed...
use a masking tape to cut it
Old 03-14-2003, 02:38 PM

Default Re: How to get -10 AN hose ends on??? (Flamenco-T)

make sure the metal braid is not frayed...
use a masking tape to cut it
Old 03-14-2003, 05:59 PM

Default Re: How to get -10 AN hose ends on??? (98Psi ITR)

That's what's weird. It's not frayed at all. I've put hose ends on -4AN before with no problem, but with the -10 it's like the little fitting doesn't seem to go onto the hose far enough to really hold on right. Gonna try putting it into a vise & force it like a **** and see if that works. :-/

Ryan P.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:34 PM

When you cut the line, wrap it with tape(Ive used duct tape and black tape successfully) wrap it on tight for several wraps, cut it with a high speed cut off wheel, it will keep the stainless from fraying. Then unwrap it down to only one wrap of tape. put the fitting in a vice upside down and shove the hose in with the tape on(sometimes, you can get away with taking the tape off and it not fraying, otherwise, dont worry about it, you wont see it once you shove it in and it wont effect sealing in anyway) Once you clear the outter lip twist it as you push it in until it bottoms out. The remove the fitting, flip it around in the vice and thread the the top AN piece in pushing up on the hose whily you are screwing.

Most likely your real problem is that you are using Earls fittings with Aeroquip Line or vice a versa or Russel fittings with Earls line or vice versa etc etc...If you mix and match lines, they dont work as well I've noticed and are harder to put together...Use the same brand AN fittings as the stainless line.

Hope that helps...

Dave