Notices

how do you like this setup for my car

Old 10-04-2003, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you like this setup for my car

i need help for turbo charging my 2000 si, actually is sir, because im in mexico, im looking to make all the mods at mzm Performance at austin, and also the tuning, (anyone have heard from them , any comments) i have to travel like 6 hours to get to the closest tuner, anyone knows anyone closer to the border in texas, i live in monterrey mexico. Feel free to make suggestions.

Actually the car has

dc sports headers

2.5 inch piping and magnaflow exhaust,(i know magnaflow sucks, i bought the car with that already installed)

cold air intake

electrolite blue dashboard

17 inch rims

i just finish with the audio install, i got 4 twelve inch subwoofers, so its really heavy, i need to put the car on a diet, what are your suggestions to lose weight

this is what i want to do

this is the email i recieve from a guy at MZM Performance.

Greddy Turbo kit $2550.00

Greddy large Front Mount $900.00

Greddy Profec-b $310.00 im gonna change this one for PRofec e-01 (Elec. Boost Controller & e-manage Programmer),.

Greddy Turbo Timer $99.99

Walbro Fuel Pump $110.00 (what about the fuel pump, would it work properly, actually we have a problem here in mexico with gas quality, 91 octane does not feel like 91, when i put gas at the us i feel the difference)

Greddy BOV Type S & Adapter $239.99

for turbo kits greddy is very good , and they come with injectors fmu etc.you don't need a Hon data..(what about this , in every forum i go into, no one likes the blue box from greddy.)

but you want to get off the maganflow exhaust off it is to small , it is better to put a greddy evolution exhaust and a high flow cat to flow better(is he right, i know magnaflow sux, but what about greddy evo, have heard really good things.)

for gauges you tell me what kind you would like they greddy ,auto meter but i would go with auto meter they have a face for 2 gauges it is for $99.00 , and boost gauge for $69.99 & air fuel $69.99..(any suggestions for gauges, brands. )

..find out what kind of clutch you in the car,for diet on the car it is a pretty light car already unless you want to strip it out but i wouldn't recommend that you would like the power out put you get..

on installing you boost controller and turbo timer were you like it to be installed that is not a problem , your alarm would work with the turbo timer..(what about this, i have a viper 500 alarm, read in a forum that the turbo timer wont work.)

Am i missing something, i want to stay right now with stock internals, this is Stage 1 of the mods im planning to do, i appreciate your help, what about the prices. Hope they can make a good tuning, i just read they got a new dyno,

Old 10-04-2003, 10:49 PM

you have some research to do...one quick thing...you dont buy headers or cold air intake when you are turboing...
Old 10-04-2003, 10:57 PM

Default Re: (bigwig)

i know man, i just bought the car, came with the headers and the cold air intake,
Old 10-04-2003, 11:11 PM

greddy kits are expensive for what ya get...but they are carb legal...but if you are from mexico..i dont think it matters...

Build a kit and get some extra money from selling the CAI, Headers, and exhaust. Then buy a nice T3/T4 turbo...they are going on sale via camp1320 starting october 13th...its a good price...he will also hook you up with an exhaust manifold too...and anything else you need...i would probably try to do as much buisness with him as you can if you are looking for brand new parts b/c the more you buy from one person...the more discount he will give...but this is what ya need

T3/T4 Turbo
BOV
Manifold
Tial WG
FMIC
Piping...($900 for this is ridiculous!!!!)
Turbo timer
EGT Gauge(not necessisty but nice to have)
Boost Gauge
Downpipe..Run an open DP if you have shitty gas
440cc Injectors
255 Fuel pump
And uberdata or hondata...
o...and make sure you get a new clutch...well its not a necessity if your car is only 3 years old...but its a good thing to have
you need oil lines and ****...too but get those main parts 1st

b/c you arent getting exhaust, spending $900 on a FMIC you should spend the extra money on hondata or UBERDATA!!!! but some dont like ******* w/ tunig...so go hondata...and get a good tuner...dont wanna drive to america every other day when your car is being a bitch
Old 10-05-2003, 10:07 PM

Default Re: (bigwig)

now thats what i call a quality post, thanx men,