Notices

How do you guys calm down after working on your car and realizing 70% of the parts you got dont fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do you guys calm down after working on your car and realizing 70% of the parts you got dont fit

Getting pissed, my deadline is comming up quick to have this car ready, many places sent me wrong parts, parts that dont fit, forgot to send parts... I am really pissed at one place I bought something from but that will be another thread... really pissed and cant even go beat on my car cuz its all apart.. **** hondas... **** turbos... I think im going to bed; sorry for the usless thread.

BUT to Terry @ Boostfed as he is the only one I deal with that I still like
Old 09-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you guys calm down after working on your car and realizing 70% of the parts you got dont

thats the problem i deal with 70-80 hours a week. thats why i dont even bother putting on turbo kits anymore......just make it yourself, its easier.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I find it VERY hard to get good service from anyone anymore. My best luck with any parts is from cheapo brands on Ebay. It's sad some of the people who setup online shops can't deal with small customer service issues and get people the correct parts, in a timely manner. The joys of building a car.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

i hit the gym hard and HEAVY........i feel your pain man.but hell be strong and over come it and move on.say to your self.i will make it work.

harv
Old 09-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (1700anddroping)

lol the "walk away" as me and my friends call it.

every now and then you gotta get out from under neath the car and do the walk away, clear your head, think about it and calm down. once you calm down and change the way you're looking at the problem it usually comes together.

lol, the walk away.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just fall asleep and forget about it..no point in getting all wound up over a situation you cannot control..i've been waiting almost 8 months to drive my car again and ever week its the same crap, almost done almost done but not quite there..maybe next week will be different..
Old 09-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bxjdmhatch)

40oz. of the blue bull will do the trick . Sleep it off dude and clear your mind. Bad decisions are made and corners are cut when people are frustrated. Ask me how I spun my first rod bearing

Phil
Old 09-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you guys calm down after working on your car and realizing 70% of the parts you got dont

poontang
Old 09-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just walk away, and i wont touch the car for a week..

my car currently is in 100000 pieces also, waiting on alot of parts .. its been 1.5 months already..
Old 09-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

One reason why I started building whatever parts I had the ability to do. I just get frustrated when i get alot done and then look at the car and think...****...I'm not even 1/2 way done yet and need more parts....Thats when i do "the walk away" then I will go on the computer order more parts, go out have some intoxicating beverages and then yes...the poontang...just don't drink too much, this has negative effects on the quality of the poontang that you wake up with the next mouring...
Old 09-22-2005, 06:00 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 80884 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One reason why I started building whatever parts I had the ability to do. I just get frustrated when i get alot done and then look at the car and think...****...I'm not even 1/2 way done yet and need more parts....Thats when i do "the walk away" then I will go on the computer order more parts, go out have some intoxicating beverages and then yes...the poontang...just don't drink too much, this has negative effects on the quality of the poontang that you wake up with the next mouring... </TD></TR></TABLE>

It just makes me last longer!!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I normally start punching the walls
Old 09-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its best to just walk away.i work all night onetime to get ready for a race and ended up slitting my figure open trying to rush. had to get 18 stiches in my hand but i still made it to the race the next morning with no sleep

just walk away and come back when you kool down
Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vaporboy12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its best to just walk away.i work all night onetime to get ready for a race and ended up slitting my figure open trying to rush. had to get 18 stiches in my hand but i still made it to the race the next morning with no sleep

just walk away and come back when you kool down </TD></TR></TABLE>

So how's your FIGURE now Bret? lol!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Smoke a BIG FAT BLUNT! lol
Old 09-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What I love is buying a part, having nothing to do while its in the mail, being too busy once it arrives to test it, then finding out (when you need it running the next day usually) that it doesn't fit.

Luckly my bro has a $50 beater civic now, I just go beat on it. And I don't mean drive it Sometimes I feel like the guy in my avatar...

Honestly, having the garage 100ft from the house helps, after walking in/out of the house for a drink, I've calmed down a lot. Walking it off = , ***** =
Old 09-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I started putting on my kit and after about 2 hours, checked the oil return line. I realized the kit forgot to throw in an oil return flange. Then the company told me " theres no such part". Turboing a honda is very stressful, at least the first time around.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Gotta go with Boostfed on this one....

Smoke a fatty man..... then grab a beer! (or four)
Old 09-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tactic$)

smoking a blunt will work

terry my figure is fine that was like last year. now when i cut my figure like that ijust use super glue it works wonders. i even gave my self stiches one time that was kool
Old 09-22-2005, 08:17 PM
BCICAN

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">poontang</TD></TR></TABLE>

The more the better
Old 09-22-2005, 08:36 PM
New User

Default Re: (vaporboy12)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vaporboy12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">smoking a blunt will work

terry my figure is fine that was like last year. now when i cut my figure like that ijust use super glue it works wonders. i even gave my self stiches one time that was kool</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bret I know you don't smoke weed, I know you don't smoke weed but it's FRIDAY, you ain't got no job, your car don't run and you ain't got nothing better to do, I am gonna get you HIGH! lol!!!

Kyle I know you don't smoke weed, I know you don't smoke weed but it's FRIDAY, you ain't got no parts, your parts don't fit and you ain't got nothing better to do, I am gonna get you HIGH! lol!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

I shoot my gun and I feel better
Old 09-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (FredoSP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Bret I know you don't smoke weed, I know you don't smoke weed but it's FRIDAY, you ain't got no job, your car don't run and you ain't got nothing better to do, I am gonna get you HIGH! lol!!!

Kyle I know you don't smoke weed, I know you don't smoke weed but it's FRIDAY, you ain't got no parts, your parts don't fit and you ain't got nothing better to do, I am gonna get you HIGH! lol!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha terry im goin to come visit hehe you got to take me to sonic though never seen one in my life
Old 09-22-2005, 08:44 PM
New User

Default Re: (FredoSP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FredoSP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I shoot my gun and I feel better </TD></TR></TABLE>

UH OH, here is the PO PO, put away your weed!!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

hahahah
Old 09-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (vaporboy12)

when i buy **** that dosnt fit... i break out the grinder/welder and i make the **** fit...

Quick Reply: How do you guys calm down after working on your car and realizing 70% of the parts you got dont fit