Notices

How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock.

go to this site: http://www.srtforums.com/forum...00whp
Old 02-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (soontohavecrx)

I'm a doubter.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (HybridKOOP)

Old 02-02-2004, 07:39 PM

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (ueatdooki)

Ive seen the car.. its true.. looks like you kids gotta put down your DRAG kits and FMU and start stepping up.. This car has BOLT-ONs and its making 500whp.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (st00pid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by st00pid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ive seen the car.. its true.. looks like you kids gotta put down your DRAG kits and FMU and start stepping up.. This car has BOLT-ONs and its making 500whp.</TD></TR></TABLE>

500 whp is nice and all, and its impressive for a stock block, but its still a neon
Old 02-02-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (Mase)

Hey MASE.. when was the last time you saw 550cc injectors make 500whp on a stock ECU?? lol
Old 02-02-2004, 07:52 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by st00pid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ive seen the car.. its true.. looks like you kids gotta put down your DRAG kits and FMU and start stepping up.. This car has BOLT-ONs and its making 500whp.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so the car is at UTI in houston. interesting very very interesting. hope to see it on the road sometime.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by st00pid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey MASE.. when was the last time you saw 550cc injectors make 500whp on a stock ECU?? lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

can you say supra?
Old 02-02-2004, 07:59 PM
TurboJesse

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

500 whp is nice and all, and its impressive for a stock block, but its still a neon </TD></TR></TABLE>

and everyone on here drives civics sorry had to say it

those numbers are sick I don't think the car could hit 12's on street tires though
Old 02-02-2004, 08:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

can you say supra? </TD></TR></TABLE>

If youre gonna cheat with that.. Viper with heads cam 590whp on 19lb/hr.. ON MOTOR
Old 02-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by st00pid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If youre gonna cheat with that.. Viper with heads cam 590whp on 19lb/hr.. ON MOTOR </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHA cheat? no, you just werent specific about 4 cylinders
Old 02-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the thing about this whole debate is that its kind STUPID

if its an SRT neon, then its a STOCK turbod car, with an engine built
fromt the factory to handle boost.

that is VERY different from a stock longblock that was built from the
factory to get good gas mileage, only it has a huge turbo strapped to it(which is often the case with civics).

so you might even consider it not a stock block, but rather a built block,
because it is actually built for turbo.

its like being suprized when supra or 3000gt makes 500hp on a stock block..
its cool.. bits really not that suprizing.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (Tad)

The thing about it is that the car costs less that 20k and with about 5k in mods its making over 500whp. granted its a POS neon and so far they are on their second set of axles (from just tuning on the dyno) its still hella impressive.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A while back I posted over on the SRTForums.com that I thought 600whp would be possible on a stock bottom end, and nobody believed me. Now they're singing a different tune And it's an SRT-4, not a Neon!
Old 02-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by st00pid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The thing about it is that the car costs less that 20k and with about 5k in mods its making over 500whp. granted its a POS neon and so far they are on their second set of axles (from just tuning on the dyno) its still hella impressive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed.

I still wouldnt drive one though.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't go out and buy one now, only because I have too much invested into my car and would lose it all if I sold it. But, alot of people on here don't give a **** about looks (sleepers etc..) so for the 20k the car costs, and the 2k (or less) to mod it, thats a pretty good deal (if you looking for a fast new car). Ohh yea, the 04's come with an lsd, so that will probally yield better quarter mile times. Common, wouldn't it be cool to say you beat old guys in their vettes and m3's with a neon???!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:04 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (m R g S r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldn't go out and buy one now, only because I have too much invested into my car and would lose it all if I sold it. But, alot of people on here don't give a **** about looks (sleepers etc..) so for the 20k the car costs, and the 2k (or less) to mod it, thats a pretty good deal (if you looking for a fast new car). Ohh yea, the 04's come with an lsd, so that will probally yield better quarter mile times. Common, wouldn't it be cool to say you beat old guys in their vettes and m3's with a neon???! </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats no different than saying you beat them with a civic (which i do and would rather drive than a neon) its all about preference
Old 02-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Agreed.

I still wouldnt drive one though. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I called BS on that, you did drove around in a big *** maroon dodge with your name on the window

stan
Old 02-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (Flamenco-T)

Thats very impressive. It looks like the turbo honda crowd is gonna have to start stepping up its game.. We're lucky we got the wieght advantage. Personally, I wouldn't buy one, but only because im a honda guy. Theres something about building a fast car vs. buying a fast car that is really fun and satisfying.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (soontohavecrx)

Yep its true!
I have personally worked on and ridden in this car recently... very nice car for a Dodge!
We're talking about putting a piggy back Speed Pro on it and going for 600whp!
The owner got off the phone with Dodge while I was standing there and they told him the bottom end was built to handle 500whp from the factory, which means it will take 600hp without any problem.
Getting ready to do a bigger intercooler and better piping.

:-)
Randy
Old 02-03-2004, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (Flamenco-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Flamenco-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I called BS on that, you did drove around in a big *** maroon dodge with your name on the window

stan</TD></TR></TABLE>

**** that was only because it was a dodge type r and it was made for SUPER TROOPERS

Old 02-03-2004, 07:20 AM

Enough about the goddamn SRT4. This is a Honda website. People are talking about that car more than Hondas on this site lately.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (Hoosier Daddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoosier Daddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Enough about the goddamn SRT4. This is a Honda website. People are talking about that car more than Hondas on this site lately.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL....It seems as if alot of "other" cars are being discussed here...I guess its a good thing though because HT users wont be living inside a box and not know what else is on the street as far as competition....
Old 02-03-2004, 07:34 AM

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (Turbologist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbologist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL....It seems as if alot of "other" cars are being discussed here...I guess its a good thing though because HT users wont be living inside a box and not know what else is on the street as far as competition....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Discussion of other cars is good. I guess i've just bene arguing/discussing the SRT4 too much lately. It seems to be the talk on most message boards I frequent.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:45 AM
EPIC TUNING

Default Re: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock. (Hoosier Daddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoosier Daddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Discussion of other cars is good. I guess i've just bene arguing/discussing the SRT4 too much lately. It seems to be the talk on most message boards I frequent.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea the whole 3-4 threads lately is just overwelming.............

Quick Reply: How to achieve 500whp on completly stock longblock.