Notices

Hondata tuning @ Inline Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata tuning @ Inline Pro?

How good is the Inline crew at tuning Hondata's with their headgasket?
Just wondering if anyone had some personal experience with them tuning your Hondata.

Thanks, Michael
Old 06-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hondata tuning @ Inline Pro? (speedy108)

ive heard alot of good tuning done by inline pro using a VAFC but not too much with hondata. im sure they can tune it using hondata still tho.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata tuning @ Inline Pro? (Boostfedb18c1)

i had my car tuned with a afc but inline. John did a great job. He tuned a coupe of my friends cars with their afc too. I only personally know one person that had inline tune their hondata and he took his hondata out after gettting it tuned by them. He had alot of problems over the winter with part throttle and idling and starting problems. I think he only paid enough to have the wot tables tuned, so i'm not blaming inline for that. They are a licenced hondata dealer so you should have no problems with them tuning it. Give them a call or check out their site. I've never had a problem with them answering a question for me.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hondata tuning @ Inline Pro? (pip9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pip9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He had alot of problems over the winter with part throttle and idling and starting problems.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've had the same problem after having my car tuned by them. Some of this is probably because the ROM editor software they used at the time had problems. This is Hondata's fault. The latest version supposedly fixes the part throttle stutter. I fixed the surging idle problem by unplugging the evap canister connection. They should have known this. As for the starting issues, it rarely happens so it doesn't really bother me. I'm curious if I'll have to pay to fix the stutter since it was Hondata's fault and not theirs. I think they should take this issue up with Hondata since their time has been wasted as well as mine. Before I got the Hondata, I was under the impression that the car would run like a stock turbo car, yet it has been anything but this. It's quicker because I'm able to run more boost, but driving around town doesn't feel any better than the Greddy blue box, which is to say that the blue box ran fine, although it didn't feel stock.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone else?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had my car tuned there not a problem i can post dyno graph if you want. john showed me the tuning process step by step.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If you want a really good tuner for Hondata, call up Church Automotive in Torrance. Sean Church is the guy for Hondata tuning....

But you are on the other coast...sorry about that..
Old 06-11-2004, 04:25 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ya, I would like to know more about them too. If you search there is already a good amount of info on this site. I personally am not a fan of there afc hack tuning just cause its too essay and not very safe IMO. You don’t even need a dyno to tune an afc, all it adjusts is fuel no timing so just buy a wideband for the price they charge for tuning and street tune that bitch your self, WOT and PT. The dyno comes in when you are making power with timing. Like using cam gears or any thing that changes the ignition firing. My .02$
Old 06-11-2004, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata tuning @ Inline Pro? (si2die4)

Yes please post a dyno chart, was it with stock internals?. If anyone is using there Headgasket setup I'd like to here about that as well.

Thanks