Notices

Hondata Tuners in the CT area??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata Tuners in the CT area??

Does anyone know of a good Hondata tuner or shop in the Connecticut area?
Old 06-19-2003, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Tuners in the CT area?? (Racerboy03)

tbone has the tuning software.... not sure how good he is with boost though- hes an all motor guy.
Me personally, I'm renting boosted hybrid from PA to come up sometime next month and tune my car for me at bristol dyno
Old 06-19-2003, 11:35 PM
New User

Default Re: Hondata Tuners in the CT area?? (pissedoffsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pissedoffsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tbone has the tuning software.... not sure how good he is with boost though- hes an all motor guy.
Me personally, I'm renting boosted hybrid from PA to come up sometime next month and tune my car for me at bristol dyno</TD></TR></TABLE>

can i borrow him for like 2 hours?
Old 06-20-2003, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude, if you're ready to tune when i am, im sure hed be more than happy to do both our cars. we can split the travel costs too... save us both some cash.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (pissedoffsol)

Im Jeff and see, thtas the best bet .
Old 06-20-2003, 04:43 AM

Default Re: (itr206)

theres a guy from orange CT his name is jeff atwood, screen name is jefnes3 i think, i know thats it on vw vortex, guy said he put down like 330whp in his b16, dunno what b16 but he has hondata, the lucky ****** also has a vr6 turbo LOL, but he seems to know his stuff, he did his crx nice, he does custom chips (seen him burn custom chips in his car!!!), and he has a VR6 turbo, point is that he is well rounded in the NA to boost car thing
Old 06-20-2003, 07:47 AM

Default Re: (evoeone)

Proven performance in Milford, call and ask for Dan. He is more of a DSM guy. He is one of the best in the DSM community and he tunes my friends GSR with hondata.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cornbread)

Pruven is deff known for some fast *** DSM;s. i woulda talk to him 1st to see his knowlege on honda's 1st though. not doubting him , but the theory is the same , but the way i feel is someone who specializes in Hondas, knows the tips and tricks of how they work and what dont work and when it dont work how to fix it . . . just food for thought.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I need to get my car tunned also. I was going to DRT but if boosted hybrid is coming down, I'm in for it. Can anyone get in touch with him cause I need base map for my handata. when is he coming down.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Tuners in the CT area?? (25 PSI CRX)

pm him , he was just on here a few min ago .
He would be your best be honestly.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Tuners in the CT area?? (itr206)

I pm'd him and left him an e-mail. no answer yet. Maybe I should make a thread
Old 06-20-2003, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

na just wait for him , he's on and off, he's been pertty busy lately with getting the shop done and tuning and stuff. He'll get back to you soon
Old 06-20-2003, 09:40 AM

Default Re: (itr206)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pruven is deff known for some fast *** DSM;s. i woulda talk to him 1st to see his knowlege on honda's 1st though. not doubting him , but the theory is the same , but the way i feel is someone who specializes in Hondas, knows the tips and tricks of how they work and what dont work and when it dont work how to fix it . . . just food for thought. </TD></TR></TABLE>i agree, although pruven charges like 200$ hour for tuning if they do it, lets say 2 hours, your looking at 400$, the way i see it, i'd rather buy a wideband for that price, and make endless runs up and down I-95 and adjust stuff my self (cause with hondata you can do that ), i was there dynoing and they had an rsx type s that was gonna get boosted, im sure they could do it, but just take it to a honda person/place, you'd be better off
Old 06-20-2003, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pissedoffsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tbone has the tuning software.... not sure how good he is with boost though- hes an all motor guy.
Me personally, I'm renting boosted hybrid from PA to come up sometime next month and tune my car for me at bristol dyno</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you know when boosted hybrid is coming up? it would be perfect if i could go right down to bristol dyno and have him tune it.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tbone is not good with boosting apps yet. His friend Rick is tunning a crx w/supercharger. Tbone has everything except boost option for his hondata. He is thinking about getting boost option. He made me a chip for my 3b hondata and someone told me that s200 maps are different than old hondata systems. I cant get my car to idle with 720 cc and need basemap asap. when is boosted hybrid coming down cause I need to get my car tunned soon. I live in hartford area and it would be very convienet for me to go to briston and have it tunned. Keep me posted.

Modified by 25 PSI CRX at 7:03 AM 6/21/2003
Old 06-20-2003, 02:01 PM
New User

i've got someone coming from Boston to me this weekend. Your closer.
contact me if interested. i'm sure you can find some references on this board for my work.

Old 06-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Tuners in the CT area?? (GruvyTune)

I suggest GruvyTune. Do a search on the power he has extracted for several people. It is hard to find someone with his experience and patience.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Tuners in the CT area?? (sleepy)

Pruven sucks. I talked to them, and they were like all cocky "yeah, we tune anything" and I'm like ok, who does- and they were like, "who ever is here that day". BAh- buch of bullshit! THEN, on top of that, they don't carry the dealer software- so you gotta bring all that down too! It will cost you $2000 to get tuned by them.
I didn't think Tbone had it... yeah.
Torin (gruvy tune) has had some great results, and has extended even to me such a very personal and great offer to help me out. Unfortunately, i think its just a little TOO far for me and my skurd *** tyo be driving on an untuned, freshly built car, traveling at times through the middle of no where.

My car is slated to be done by mid july... and I'm hoping to get it tuned the following weekend.
Once I have a better exact time frame of when my car will be ready, I'm going to give john a call at http://www.bristoldyno.com, a new dyno in my town- bristol. they have wide band and all that, and the guy running it is pretty cool. He won't let anyone else drive the car on the dyno for insurance reasons, but he doesn't care if the tuner is in the passenger seat. They also have that load control thing on their dyno- for part throttle tuning on the dyno. basically, it will hold you at like 30mph or something.
It works out good for me, cuz its minutes from my house.

Like I said, I am hoping for mid july. Jeff is running some dyno day down in PA, so we can't interrupt that either. I was hoping for a sunday... have him come up early (he said $20/hr for travel time... about 5 hours rount trip) that we could all probably split, and then his normal i think it was 50/hr for tuning? I dont remeber off hand. the dyno rates are posted on the dyno site... i might be able to talk him down if we can get 3 or 4 cars there for tuning all day long.

Anyway, as for the other dude down in orange... i think he goes by the name of "3" I spoke to before about tuning... but I dunno... I've never seen any of his work- just heard ****. I'm going huge, one mistake, and im done... and frankly, I gotta trust my tuner. Jeff's posts assure me everyday that he does in fact know what he's doing.

Keep me in the loop on anything that develops.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, sorry for not responding to this post sooner, I have been super busy with welding all this week and havent been on here much lately.

I could travel up to CT for the weekend to tune several cars if need be. Just make the appointments with your dyno shops, and give me directions. Just let me know what dates you guys are interested for tuning.

Everyone please PM me if you are interested in tuning. I try and answer any/all messages that I get.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Hondata Tuners in the CT area?? (boosted hybrid)

Pruven is awesome. All their techs are experienced so thats why it doesnt matter who tunes ur car there. Its expensive for a reason.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Tuners in the CT area?? (pm6825)

but as a shop/dealer, for you to have to bring the entire dealer package is bullshit. How much hands on time can they possibly have with hondata if they don't even own the ******* thing? Bull ****. they are over priced to all hell, and i HATE the fact that you can't even be within 10 feet of your car. basically, you sit in the waiting room and watch some dude tune your car.

Jeff- Like i was talking to you in PM earlier this week.... I'd love to set up a day or even a weekend if we get enough cars to do. It would be a good money maker for you, thats for sure

I will send an email to John at the dyno and see what kind of deal we can get to rent the shop for a day. basically, sunday is by apt. only.... so a sunday would be great.

The rest of you guys, if you are serious about holding a boosted hondata dyno tuning by jeff day at the bristol dyno, please, say so. Mid july would probably be the best for me, as my stuff isn't even here yet (geoff's gotta finish my piping and get my turbo from precision)... 10th-20th ish... after it goes under the knife would be ideal.
What are you folks' schedules looking like for a time frame?
Old 06-20-2003, 05:56 PM
New User

i'm down just let me know when you guys can do it so i can put the stuff in
Old 06-20-2003, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can vouch for Bristol Dyno. The owner is a great guy.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 25 PSI CRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tbone is not good with boosting apps. His friend Rick is tunning a crx w/supercharger. Tbone has everything except boost option for his hondata. He is thinking about getting boost option. He made me a chip for my 3b hondata and someone told me that s200 maps are different than old hondata systems. I cant get my car to idle with 720 cc and need basemap asap. when is boosted hybrid coming down cause I need to get my car tunned soon. I live in hartford area and it would be very convienet for me to go to briston and have it tunned. Keep me posted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the newest version of romeditor which allows you to select what version your setting up the chip for. I set yours for version 2.5 . You and I know that that basemap wasnt even close to what your setup called for and thats why your car doesnt idle...

please edit your post to say Tbone isnt very experienced with boost maps yet. When you say I'm not good at something it could lead people to beleive that my workmanship is poor, I dont need runors like that started please. I do top noch work when I do it and I dont like to cut corners.
And btw , thats my wideband setup in that crx which I helped with the initial tunning. It made 3 pulls on the dyno btw . baselined at like 271 at 7500rpm , but schreded a blower belt so no more pulls could be made.

Tell Boosted hybrid he has to hook you guys up since I sold him my Twm itb's for dirt cheap...lol
Old 06-20-2003, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Hondata Tuners in the CT area?? (Tbone)

i agree on the part of pruven not being a hondata dealer/owner, anyways tats besides the case

my friiend took his VW there , he rented the dyno for an hour for $100 plus $35 for the AF wideband and he got 17 pulls

Quick Reply: Hondata Tuners in the CT area??