Notices

hondata, and some other stuff, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hondata, and some other stuff, what to do?

before i put my z6/turbo into a 92-95 hatch( just wrecked rex..) i want to do away with the stupid black box. can any of you think of a good way to go as far as wiring and controller type stuff. i want to get a apexi vafc, boost controller if needed... and whetever else i need. i want to spend as little as possable, but still do it right. i want to run about 9psi. want to make sure all the fuel/ air is balanced and everything. should i ditch the p28 and go with some type of hondata? what all is needed... thanks..

and maybe some rough $$ guesses if possable?
Old 12-14-2002, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata, and some other stuff, what to do? (SOHC Beast)

"i want to spend as little as possable, but still do it right."

Maybe you should rethink that statement. Also, you won't need a v-afc if you have Hondata.
Old 12-14-2002, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata, and some other stuff, what to do? (highmilehatch)

On something as important as fuel management I would always reccomend not trying to get cheap. In conjunction with some 450cc injectors Hondata would be a great system to use on your set-up. Use your P28 and have it modded by Hondata. The base S200 with boost option is around $495 and can be easily upgraded with other cool features.

-Seth
Old 12-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata, and some other stuff, what to do? (highmilehatch)

ok...well i am just saying i dont want to get some 10k top of the line crap that isn't nesecary. just not sure what i will need, and what it will cost.like i said, i want to run about 9psi....i was going to get a missing link, and then get a boost controller, and then have to get some type of fuel managment.. blah blah blah. i have a vortech fmu... but not sure what plate.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:14 PM

just go with the basic hondata setup s100 or s200 w/ boost option...under 500$ and some dsm 450's...then get rid of the vafc if you do that!
Old 12-14-2002, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata, and some other stuff, what to do? (SpoolinLS)

the hondata s200 w/boost... is that like sending my ecu off and they rig it up, or is it something i get in place of the ecu, or plugs in with the ecu? and with that, and those injectors.... any wiring for those injectors to plug in need to be done... those aren't too big... they won't make it run too rich? as soon as it all goes in the first trip will be to a place called turbo tune... have it tuned on dyno. and how much do you think those injectors would run? and when u say "dsm" you are talking about dsm cars right, not a brand name? sorry for the retard question, just learning all this. never learn if you don't ask. with those tow things, would i still need a missing link or anything like that? just the boost controller? thanks for the help guys
Old 12-14-2002, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the hondata s200 w/boost... is that like sending my ecu off and they rig it up, or is it something i get in place of the ecu, or plugs in with the ecu? and with that, and those injectors.... any wiring for those injectors to plug in need to be done... those aren't too big... they won't make it run too rich? as soon as it all goes in the first trip will be to a place called turbo tune... have it tuned on dyno. and how much do you think those injectors would run? and when u say "dsm" you are talking about dsm cars right, not a brand name? sorry for the retard question, just learning all this. never learn if you don't ask. with those tow things, would i still need a missing link or anything like that? just the boost controller? thanks for the help guys
1. Yes it is a chip inside your ecu.
2. For your injectors you will need at least the dsm (eclipse turbo) injectors, since they are low resistance, you will need a resistor box (your crx resistor box will work)
3. They won't be too rich unless your dyno tuner doesn't know what he/she is doing.
4. You could get them from the junkyard for around 35-50 bucks.
5. Forget about missing link, but u might want the boost controller for faster spool up.

Did I miss anything?
Old 12-14-2002, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata, and some other stuff, what to do? (willyboyD16)

1. Yes it is a chip inside your ecu.
2. For your injectors you will need at least the dsm (eclipse turbo) injectors, since they are low resistance, you will need a resistor box (your crx resistor box will work)
3. They won't be too rich unless your dyno tuner doesn't know what he/she is doing.
4. You could get them from the junkyard for around 35-50 bucks.
5. Forget about missing link, but u might want the boost controller for faster spool up.

Did I miss anything?
A fuel pressure regulator might not necessary but good to have. With Hondata, would Map sensor bypass valves be needed?
Old 12-14-2002, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata, and some other stuff, what to do? (vtec.dc2)

With Hondata, would Map sensor bypass valves be needed?
No, the whole point behind Hondata and other standalone ECUs is that they can read and compensate for positive manifold pressure (ie boost) by adding more fuel. The MAP sensor is what reads manifold pressure.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata, and some other stuff, what to do? (willyboyD16)

umm, everything is converted to obd-1.... have no injector resistor box? had the dx, not Si. and it is all going in a 5g hatch. but thanks alot for all the help guys... i love this forum..