Hondata S300 vs. Neptune RTP

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata S300 vs. Neptune RTP

I know Neptune has only been released to the public for a week or so but those who have used it which would you prefer? S300 or RTP on a turbo car? I am leaning toward Neptune but just need reassurance it can offer the same great options as S300 and maybe even more. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata S300 vs. Neptune RTP (building boost)

both systems are good, just get what your tuner prefers.. unless you are tuning then learn either system
Old 12-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hondata S300 vs. Neptune RTP (Mykizism)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mykizism &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">both systems are good, just get what your tuner prefers.. unless you are tuning then learn either system </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with going w/ whatever your tuner uses. If you are tuning yourself Neptune is probably better IMO with the RTP board & bluetooth it's hard to choose anything else, and everyone that has been tuned with Neptune since it's inception seems to be very happy with it.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata S300 vs. Neptune RTP (DJ_SaNdOz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJ_SaNdOz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I agree with going w/ whatever your tuner uses. If you are tuning yourself Neptune is probably better IMO with the RTP board & bluetooth it's hard to choose anything else, and everyone that has been tuned with Neptune since it's inception seems to be very happy with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol hell yeah!

&lt;-- tuned with neptune
Old 12-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i will be tuning myself. what's a more user friendly system? honestly, i have never actually tuned a car before but i know the basics. it's not that i don't have the money to pay someone else to tune my car, i want to do it myself. i want to be able to retune the car anytime i feel like it. theres a certain sense of pride u get when you don't have to rely on anyone to work on your car cuz you can do it all yourself.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (building boost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by building boost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i will be tuning myself. what's a more user friendly system? honestly, i have never actually tuned a car before but i know the basics. it's not that i don't have the money to pay someone else to tune my car, i want to do it myself. i want to be able to retune the car anytime i feel like it. theres a certain sense of pride u get when you don't have to rely on anyone to work on your car cuz you can do it all yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would honestly invest some more in knowing more than the 'basics' before you start tuning.

Either system is pretty user friendly.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i definitely will.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (PrecisionH23a)

I think the SManager has a more user-friendly GUI. It's easier to navigate and the parameters are more intuitive IMO.

If you play with the software for both, it should be pretty obvious.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:56 AM
KOBE IS GOD

Default Re: (IN VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think the SManager has a more user-friendly GUI. It's easier to navigate and the parameters are more intuitive IMO.

If you play with the software for both, it should be pretty obvious.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have only used the S300 but I navigated through the Neptune software and it has the same features hondata has and supposedly has less glitches. Im going to give it a shot but you are correct the Interfaces for both is like comparing apples to oranges. I wish neptune would have added tabs like Crome or Hondata .

Neptune

Hondata
Old 12-13-2006, 10:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hondata S300 vs. Neptune RTP (building boost)

Both are good systems, but the price is on Neptune RTP's side.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata S300 vs. Neptune RTP (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Both are good systems, but the price is on Neptune RTP's side.</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 12-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol price+bluetooth ftw. the thing that made me want to get neptune is I have heard a lot of people say, "it starts my car like stock" or "my car idles like stock", "my car never randomly cuts off like with hondata". etc etc. what is the truth to any of these statements? thanks
Old 12-13-2006, 12:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by building boost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol price+bluetooth ftw. the thing that made me want to get neptune is I have heard a lot of people say, "it starts my car like stock" or "my car idles like stock", "my car never randomly cuts off like with hondata". etc etc. what is the truth to any of these statements? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

The truth would be, with the other systems, either their tuner or they didn't know what they were doing. You can get a car to start and idle like stock with pretty much any program.

I think the advantages I have heard that matter the most is that all the options actually work. There isn't a guess involved, all were tested and they work. That is where it will save time and headache for most people.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hondata s300 also has gear boost option for less then an AVCR, which is why I went with Hondata. Both are good systems though.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:27 PM

Default Re: (Speed94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Speed94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hondata s300 also has gear boost option for less then an AVCR, which is why I went with Hondata. Both are good systems though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Neptune has the same features.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: (93turbo16)

Can someone post up some current average prices for Hondata S300 and Neptune RTP?
Old 12-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where is the cheapest place to buy the neptune RTP?

i'v seen that xenocron got them for 450....
Old 12-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by building boost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol price+bluetooth ftw. the thing that made me want to get neptune is I have heard a lot of people say, "it starts my car like stock" or "my car idles like stock", "my car never randomly cuts off like with hondata". etc etc. what is the truth to any of these statements? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

None of those will be true if you can't tune.

Both systems work good...I'm alittle partial to the Neptune tho, I've been using the software since 2005...Works good.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:14 PM

If you look around, I think hondata is anywhere from $550-595 and neptune without bluetooth is $450.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Neptune without a doubt

I been using RTP for about a year and I love it.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The truth would be, with the other systems, either their tuner or they didn't know what they were doing. You can get a car to start and idle like stock with pretty much any program.

I think the advantages I have heard that matter the most is that all the options actually work. There isn't a guess involved, all were tested and they work. That is where it will save time and headache for most people.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not true with the H-series! Neptune does a lot better with my H22s than anything else I've ever used.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Re: (alphajesse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alphajesse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not true with the H-series! Neptune does a lot better with my H22s than anything else I've ever used.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope your claims are a joke. Neptune is a great ems, however aem ems, hondata, crome etc all could make your h-series run exactly the same....

Old 12-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mtber)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mtber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I hope your claims are a joke. Neptune is a great ems, however aem ems, hondata, crome etc all could make your h-series run exactly the same....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dunno, its hard to say.. h22s are really finicky motors.. ive fiddled faddled with a few before and i know they either dislike or like a particular ems. even my tuner said the same thing
Old 12-13-2006, 06:19 PM

Default Re: (mtber)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mtber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Almost posted the same thing but didn't have time between comercials in the movie I am watching. It is still editing the same code, it is limited just like the other EMS's are.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've never got to mess with neptune, nor know anyone within 200 miles to deal in it.

i tuned my car on crome, then my freind got crome pro and a ostrich and its RTP works great, i was really impressed with it.

but like everyone else says, use what the tuner likes

Quick Reply: Hondata S300 vs. Neptune RTP