Notices

Hondata s300 Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata s300 Questions.

Hi,

I've been looking for a simple programmable computer to install into a FULL RACE Drag Car. Plug and Play is great, but I want something with options. I noticed the Hondata s300 and it looks to have everything we could possibly need.

In the past I have used TEC2/3, DFI, LINK, FJO and some other ecus. I understand this is not a complete standalone, but I want to use the KISS mentality here, and find that most the the time I am really not using most of the features these full standalones have.

Boost control will be taken care of with a TurboSmart E-Boost so I don't need that either.

Here is a link to the S300. http://www.hondata.com/s300.html

I like the fact that it does not need to have a chip burnt after changes like the older stuff.

What do you think? Car will probably run 30psi Max, and of course I will have some form of ignition system and coil.

Thanks!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Hondata s300 Questions. (Project-D)

Bump, This thread moved to the 2nd page very fast....
Old 10-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata s300 Questions. (Project-D)

The S300 is more then capable of handling what you are asking of it. The newest version of the S Manager has better scaling for the 5 bar, which is what you will need to achieve the 30 PSI you are looking for. I have heard of some guys having some issues with the water temp correction, myself none. I think from what I understand more then anything they are having problems converting the ROMS from the S200 to the S300. In your case, that would not really matter, seeing as you will go straight to the S300. The great thing I like about it is exactly what you touched on. No longer getting out to burn chips, and reinstall a chip. All adjustments are now made from the drivers seat. No longer even having to mess with the ROMulator either. The onborard datalogging is a nice feature as well. No laptop to seat belt in anymore.

I have used all kinds of stand alone systems before, and I felt the same way about the KISS method on my car.

Jason