Notices

Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release?

Hondata is slated for a year end release of the software. I thought I would start a thread for other HOndata tuners (or not) to see what you want.

Off the top of my head, I would like to see:
1) User Programmable Radiator Fan kick-on
2) Expanded Resolution (Probably a pipe dream but a brother needs to dream)
3) 3.5 bar Map sensor support (Could be done now but we wnat the real deal)

Also, if you have any bugs you want to report, also do it here. I will do what I can to notify Hondata and let them know what we would like to have and what needs fixed. Here is what I can think of. I have a cold and feel like Donkey **** so I know I am missing a lot.
1) O2 CEL always coming on (Pain the butt and scares the **** out of you)

Lets keep this for Rom editor only!!
Old 09-04-2004, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (ladysman)

I want IAT correction map control.

I really don't find a need for more map resolution. Maybe just manually programmable rpm points b/c sometimes there's a high VE spot that I can't touch in b/w two rpm points.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (IN VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want IAT correction map control.

I really don't find a need for more map resolution. Maybe just manually programmable rpm points b/c sometimes there's a high VE spot that I can't touch in b/w two rpm points.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hum, I have never thought of the IAT. Why do you feel the need for this?

You will want more resolution with a larger Map sensor. Just makes for a better running car. Actually the more resolution would help some in the low parts as well. Not sure I want to completely retune for it though.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (ladysman)

Never thought about needing more resolution for boosted cars since I never work on them.

My car likes to lean out quite a bit (up to a point) on hot starts when the manifold has heat soaked to upwards of 130 to 140 deg F. It also likes to enrichen a bit too on cold nights when the IAT's are below 90 deg F. It's only a problem when I'm in open-loop and tuning. With oxygen sensor feedback turned on, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (IN VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want IAT correction map control.

Maybe just manually programmable rpm points b/c sometimes there's a high VE spot that I can't touch in b/w two rpm points.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes user defineable breakpoints that would be nice, i like that feture in the other ecu manufatures
Old 09-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (b18cls1)

Bump for some night peeps.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm...

More Resolution in Boost (2psi Breakpoints?)
User Definable RPM Breakpoints
Ability to Start a Datalog from an External Button
3.5Bar Support

I'll add more later...Romeditor is already pretty badass
Old 09-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (Suprdave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suprdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
More Resolution in Boost (2psi Breakpoints?)
User Definable RPM Breakpoints
Ability to Start a Datalog from an External Button
</TD></TR></TABLE>

These and boost control (I know I know).
Old 09-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (0x64)

What Superdave said, gear based boost, and ignition cut for the 2 step.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:45 PM
XES
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (DIRep972)

You need to be able to save the custom O2 sensor voltage conversion (when setting up a wideband). If you tune many different cars with different widebands using the same laptop you always have to re-enter the values if you switch back to one of the defaults (i.e. FJO, etc.). There could also be more rows to enter AF & voltage values - instead of only 12.

I would also like to be able to program my own hotkeys. I.e. instead of having to hit Shift-F2 to show the difference between actual and taret values, you would just have to hit one button, like the letter a (or something). Romeditor 2.5 used to have more one button hotkeys (which are really handy when you are trying to tune a car that you are driving, etc.).

I would also like to be able to select the sensors that are displayed while recording in RomEditor.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release?

Sounds like you guys really want an AEM EMS
sorry someone had to say it...
Old 09-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (XES)

The ONLY thing I ask for is a PWM output for a boost controller. That would put hondata right there with the best of them! From what i understand, there's not a PWM output available with the honda ecu, but surely there's a fix for that. Possibly a seperate board that is installed at hondata? Hell, if people will pay $600 for an AVC-R that doesn't work worth a ****, surely they would pay a few hundred bucks for a board to be installed in the ecu. This would give you boost/gear, boost/rpm, etc. I'm tellin ya, that is the best thing you can do for a fwd car!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hell, if people will pay $600 for an AVC-R that doesn't work worth a ****, </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats funny, i dont have problems making the avcr work correctly... it must be vaginas that own 350z's
Old 09-05-2004, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
thats funny, i dont have problems making the avcr work correctly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, only 1 other person I know that doesn't have an issue with this thing.

I love the AVCR. Boost control in Hondata isn't a big thing to me. I could see some use by others but if I want to change the amount of boost, I don't want to have to do it with the laptop. That has always been my thing, although if you up the boost, most of the time you are running a different map anyway (higher octane gas).

I like the external button idea.

I think the more resolution would be awesome as well as 3.5 bar support.

My plan is to get a list together and send it directly to Doug/Hondata as well as post on their site. Keep em's coming guys.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> 3.5 bar Map sensor support (Could be done now but we wnat the real deal)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

fix the iab control. mine is all greyed out which forces me to leave them open all the time cause the p72 opens way to late for h22.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (fastludeh22)

This isnt a big request but I would like audible warnings in Honda Logger.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (fastludeh22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastludeh22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

fix the iab control. mine is all greyed out which forces me to leave them open all the time cause the p72 opens way to late for h22.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Greyed out?
Mine isn't.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (0x64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This isnt a big request but I would like audible warnings in Honda Logger.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For what? Over shoot of boost?
Old 09-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Up again.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How bout some good customer service?

Otherwise, I'm happy with it as it stands. Carry on.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For allot of user input variables. XXXXRPM, XXlbs of boost, XXXF, etc.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want IAT correction map control.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed. Those of us running large injectors just love hot heat-soaked-IM starts.

Modified by leed at 7:27 AM 9/6/2004
Old 09-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (leed)

i would love to see an adjustable voltage perameter for the tps. So we could use mustang tbs without worring bout the tps.

boost controller i thing would be easy, use the purge control valve from the evap system to regulate the wastegate. A system like that is how most new boosted factory cars are controlled. that is why you cant just bleed off the boost on a newer car with out the ecu knowing.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release? (leed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by leed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Agreed. Those of us running large injectors just love hot heat-soaked-IM starts.

Modified by leed at 7:27 AM 9/6/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

Explain a little bit on this leed. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Greyed out?
Mine isn't.</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe mine has a problem...would it be ecu or s100 problem?

also maybe afforable software. id love to do my own tuning, but last i checked it was real exspensive for the stuff

Quick Reply: Hondata ROMeditor....What do you want in the next release?