Notices

Hondata and race gas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:17 AM
TurboJesse

Default Hondata and race gas?

Im planning on getting my car tuned in the coming weeks and wondering if i need to get the car tuned on pump gas and on race gas? Ive heard that you tune it to what your gonna run on pump and then if you wanna run race gas in the future you can turn up the boost alittle. Not sure though.... Anyways i plan on running 12-13psi on 94 octane and 15-16psi on 110 (best i can get at the pump around here)
Old 09-08-2003, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hondata and race gas? (Mpir3)

If you are going to run race gas, tune the car on race gas. If you have a good tuner he should be able to make the distinction between the pump and race gas timing maps within the hondata map. If you are shooting for 12psi, then all the timing below should be set corresponding to the pump gas level and above 12psi they should be set to race gas level as well as the fuel ratios.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hondata and race gas? (Mpir3)

YOu should have it tuned on pump gas and save that ROM image and have a chip burned for that, then have the tuner tune it with the race gas (should not take more than 30 min) and save that file and burn another chip for Race gas.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hondata and race gas? (Spunkster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spunkster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOu should have it tuned on pump gas and save that ROM image and have a chip burned for that, then have the tuner tune it with the race gas (should not take more than 30 min) and save that file and burn another chip for Race gas.</TD></TR></TABLE>
This is the route that I want to go.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:34 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hondata and race gas? (Spunkster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spunkster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOu should have it tuned on pump gas and save that ROM image and have a chip burned for that, then have the tuner tune it with the race gas (should not take more than 30 min) and save that file and burn another chip for Race gas.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is the route I like to go. I can improve idling on race gas and keep the plugs cleaner, longer, by simply pushing the timing up at idle conditions that I would not want to run on pump.

In addition, by having a second race gas chip, you can disable the O2 feed back, keeping the tune EXACTLY the way you programmed it. I find this to be VERY useful