Notices

Hondata has Nitrous Control

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata has Nitrous Control

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I thought I would pass this along.
http://www.hondata.com/featuresnitrous.html

Enjoy!!
Old 04-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (ladysman)

Damn looks I should have stayed on the bottle. I heard about this a while back its a great Idea. props to Hondata
Old 04-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is cool. Does anyone know if it will work with the Zex box? This is just what I need.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:52 PM
I am a bad person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (RyanCivic2000)

Damn, Hondata is staying on point!!
Old 04-09-2003, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (MotorMatrix.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you start laughing uncontrollably, immediately switch the system off, stop the car and go to the nearest rave. </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha! Read the bottom of the page!
Old 04-09-2003, 06:01 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (94TealGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94TealGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha! Read the bottom of the page!</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL
Old 04-09-2003, 06:02 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94TealGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i was about to post that too.

Humor
Hondata VS AEM
Advantage: Hondata
Old 04-09-2003, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (MotorMatrix.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hondata Those guys are funny.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:22 PM

Hmm now if only it had boost control.......
Old 04-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (shingles)

Cool, another option that you cant get any tech support on. Way to go hondata
Old 04-09-2003, 06:31 PM

I see they are now adding more features that AEM came out with a while ago...Only way to compete !
Old 04-09-2003, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (RyanCivic2000)

I don't think it will work with the zex kit unless you crack open the purple box and find the right wires for the solenoid.

On a side note this was just the thing I was looking for since I'm thinking of juiceing the y8
Old 04-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (willyboyD16)

boost controlll...!!!!!! also they are goning to need to update hondalogger.. so the average user can set the **** i would think
Old 04-09-2003, 08:46 PM
New User

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (BoostedH23a1)

i just read it breiefly but does that mean that if you spullied enough injector that theoretically with a built motor and enough fuel you can inject a big a shot as one would want (within reason) with a dry setup? like a 150 dry shot? I would think so if enough fuel was there and it was tuned
Old 04-09-2003, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (simple4012)

I'd imagine depending on placement of the nitrous foggers, within reason and within the capacity of your fuel system, you could run almost any shot of nitrous. Since the system instantly and automaticly compensates for fuel and ignition retard, you could simply calculate up the necessary injector flow at a given RPM value and add that much more fuel and pull timing back by that much and everything else is a matter of nitrous jets.

I think its great since it simplifies the setup. You wouldnt even need a throttle switch since it reads the throttle value and your speed and RPM's and activates it under your desired conditions when armed. This means you can focus on driving rather than trying to fight with a coily cord and the shifter so you can spray only in specific gears or whatever. I like how you can activate it after you reach a preset speed so say you only want nitrous once you've shifted to third gear, set it for a speed just above what you'd reach in 2nd and when you hit 3rd and hit that magic number, as long as the RPM's and throttle position is within the 'safe' values, the magic gas flows and on comes the power!

Two thumbs up to Hondata for the new feature...
Old 04-09-2003, 09:26 PM
New User

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (93LSivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cool, another option that you cant get any tech support on. Way to go hondata </TD></TR></TABLE>

forever the hater of the product he never got tuned I'm going to start shitting on every AEM problem thread that comes up just for you, ********.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (VaporTrail)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VaporTrail &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

forever the hater of the product he never got tuned I'm going to start shitting on every AEM problem thread that comes up just for you, ********.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL but this does sound perfect. Makes Boost and N2o alot easier
Old 04-09-2003, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

isn't that why we all get n20? i mean, i GET IT FOR HP MAING!! NAWZZZ Y0!

mike
Old 04-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (roydogg)

This looks very appealing for the turbo and nitrous combinations! I wonder how long it would roughly take to tune for the combination?

"If you start laughing uncontrollably, immediately switch the system off, stop the car and go to the nearest rave. "

Looks like hondata has a sense of humor too, hehe.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:41 PM

for the guys at hondata if you read this forum before you read yours Hey guys,
keep up the good work. I was really pleased to see the Nitrous option. Here are a few suggestions which would not require a lot of re-programming and could be really beneficial to users.

You have a provision for dry set up but not for wet. you have two outputs for nitrous solenoids acc(a15) pcs(a20). From what i see you can only use one at a time. What if you had an option on the top for wet kit and if you put a checkmark on it, then you can use one output for nitrous solenoid and one for fuel solenoid. This would enable guys to run big shots without using the injectors and just relying on jetting. For instance on a 100 shot people will have to upgrade injectors but if done this way hondata is only functioning as a trigger for both solenoids.
This way people with wet kits do not have to be worried about cost of bigger injectors, idle problems with bigger injectors, tuning time to get the fuel parameters right for nitrous.

Also i like the idea of having parameters/conditions for nitrous to be activated.
Minimun engine speed, throttle opening, minimum vehicle speed are well thought of. Another parameter, which i think could be added and used is max engine speed for nitrous. I can give you 3 examples where it can help and save motors
People using nitrous to spool turbos want nitrous to kick in at lets say 3000 rpm but get full spool at 5500-6000 rpm there is no way for them to shut it except manually.
Another example is revlimit with nitrous. It is very concerning, tuners can always set nos to shut of 200 rpms before revlimit. for instance rev limit is 8500 rpm but tuner can cut of nitrous at max engine speed of 8300. This could prevent a few catastrophies.
Think about full throttle shifting with nos. During full throttle shifts, minimum engine speed is there, vehicle speed is also there and throttle opening is 100 %. The car will be bouncing of shiftlimiter(fuel cut not ignition) and nos will still keep on spraying because it meets the all the required conditions. nitrous and car bouncing of fuel cut is not a good idea especially on a rich running engine where there still might be some unburnt fuel in the combustion chamber along with a bunch of nitrous. So maybe adding max engine rpm to shut it off would be beneficial option in my opinion.
Also i just downloaded 3.3 hondalogger and it does not have input and output arming status buttons on the dash.
thanks

Old 04-09-2003, 10:55 PM

Good ideas! but...I insist on boost control option! Keep up the good work Hondata!
Old 04-10-2003, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (HIPEmotorsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HIPEmotorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for the guys at hondata if you read this forum before you read yours Hey guys,
keep up the good work. I was really pleased to see the Nitrous option. Here are a few suggestions which would not require a lot of re-programming and could be really beneficial to users.

You have a provision for dry set up but not for wet. you have two outputs for nitrous solenoids acc(a15) pcs(a20). From what i see you can only use one at a time. What if you had an option on the top for wet kit and if you put a checkmark on it, then you can use one output for nitrous solenoid and one for fuel solenoid. This would enable guys to run big shots without using the injectors and just relying on jetting. For instance on a 100 shot people will have to upgrade injectors but if done this way hondata is only functioning as a trigger for both solenoids.
This way people with wet kits do not have to be worried about cost of bigger injectors, idle problems with bigger injectors, tuning time to get the fuel parameters right for nitrous.

Also i like the idea of having parameters/conditions for nitrous to be activated.
Minimun engine speed, throttle opening, minimum vehicle speed are well thought of. Another parameter, which i think could be added and used is max engine speed for nitrous. I can give you 3 examples where it can help and save motors
People using nitrous to spool turbos want nitrous to kick in at lets say 3000 rpm but get full spool at 5500-6000 rpm there is no way for them to shut it except manually.
Another example is revlimit with nitrous. It is very concerning, tuners can always set nos to shut of 200 rpms before revlimit. for instance rev limit is 8500 rpm but tuner can cut of nitrous at max engine speed of 8300. This could prevent a few catastrophies.
Think about full throttle shifting with nos. During full throttle shifts, minimum engine speed is there, vehicle speed is also there and throttle opening is 100 %. The car will be bouncing of shiftlimiter(fuel cut not ignition) and nos will still keep on spraying because it meets the all the required conditions. nitrous and car bouncing of fuel cut is not a good idea especially on a rich running engine where there still might be some unburnt fuel in the combustion chamber along with a bunch of nitrous. So maybe adding max engine rpm to shut it off would be beneficial option in my opinion.
Also i just downloaded 3.3 hondalogger and it does not have input and output arming status buttons on the dash.
thanks

</TD></TR></TABLE>
good ideas...........
-jonathan
Old 04-10-2003, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (VaporTrail)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VaporTrail &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

forever the hater of the product he never got tuned I'm going to start shitting on every AEM problem thread that comes up just for you, ********.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm getting sick of it too but let's not resort to name calling.

let's play nice.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (ekb18c)

I never said there was anything wrong with hondata. Just moved on to bigger and better things thats all. I was sick of the crap you had to go through with the way you use it...and all the small things like the hesitation you would always get in vacuum and the little things that would work when they wanted to.
No need for name calling, I dont really appreciate that--nor does anyone else. Hell, I can hide behind my computer and get internet muscles too.
And by the way, I gave them a compliment by saying way to go!
Old 04-10-2003, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Hondata has Nitrous Control (93LSivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and all the small things like the hesitation you would always get in vacuum and the little things that would work when they wanted to</TD></TR></TABLE>

You obviously haven't messed with your AEM yet I've never had the problem you describe on any hondata setup.....They're both great systems, things take time to troubleshoot and fix and add (which is why both AEM and hondata have had several software upgrades). It's the nature of the beast.....
Only problem I have with my hondata is the static/dynamic setting method won't work, so I do stuff in hondalogger. I haven't had time to call hondata about it yet, but it's not a big deal........
Brian

Quick Reply: Hondata has Nitrous Control