Notices

hondata cost

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hondata cost

i looked but i couldnt find want i was looking for maybe i missed it but anyways...
i have been looking at a vafc for my turbo ls integra. i want to run about 12 psi. but i have been thinking about the hondata tho. how much will it cost. can i view it on my laptop if i get the s200, or do i need to buy more things for to do that.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:04 PM

Default Re: hondata cost (love2xlr8integra)

uberdata
Old 03-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata cost (envision2teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envision2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uberdata </TD></TR></TABLE>

um he asked about hondata, not uberdata, Dont *****...stay on topic.

Anyways, you would need the basic s200 w/ boost option. MSRP is like 495.

If you wanted to view the parameters, you would have to purchase the datalogging option which is extra.

In order to keep this thread from being an advertisement, if u want prices, PM me.

But keep in mind, you will still need to have the system tuned.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:06 PM

bump
Old 03-28-2004, 05:04 PM

Default Re: hondata cost (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

um he asked about hondata, not uberdata, Dont *****...stay on topic.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

how is saying uberdata whoring?

it is on topic because he is obviously worried about the cost of hondata which is why i suggested uberdata.

he PMed me asking about it, so it seems it wasnt such a "*****" post after all.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envision2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how is saying uberdata whoring?

it is on topic because he is obviously worried about the cost of hondata which is why i suggested uberdata.

he PMed me asking about it, so it seems it wasnt such a "*****" post after all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He asked about hondata cost. Bottom line. So ******* what if Uberdata is cheaper. Hell I run Uberdata. But he asked about Hondata. So STFU. K?
Old 03-28-2004, 07:33 PM

Default Re: hondata cost (ImAcracker)

Motec
-PHiZ
Old 03-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata cost (PHiZ)

looks like someone wants to lose % points

if you are not gonna contribute positive information to the thread topic at hand, dont ******* post.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you run over 11psi you will also have to purchase a 3 bar map sensor.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata cost (HXMan)

I payed $600 for my installed (s200 w/ boost) Plus, i payed $300 for the dyno tunning, there was no time limit, the tuner (drt) tuned until the car was right.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: hondata cost (brryder)

Mase makes money off of hondata tuning, and he is damn good at it.... of course he would support it.
Uberdata would be my vote, Total cost = under 100 dollars, and with an hour of dyno time, can be just as effective as hondata.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata cost (2muchPSI)

honda is a good item

you ll need hondata and boost option:

thats the basics.. most places should send you the base map you need: and you ll need it tuned to get its full worth out of it
Old 03-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2muchPSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mase makes money off of hondata tuning, and he is damn good at it.... of course he would support it.
Uberdata would be my vote, Total cost = under 100 dollars, and with an hour of dyno time, can be just as effective as hondata.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats besides the point, i make lots of money tuning every system....

i make more money tuning aem ems, so if i was in this for the money, dont u think i would be pushing aem to everyone?

furthermore, you people like to tangent off into these hondata vs uberdata threads, and this isnt the thread to do it in.

honestly, i havent seen one car running uberdata run better than one of my tuned hondata cars, maybe its just the tuners, but im not about to waste my time over a system like hondata that is proven. to go into it even further, im not against these free standalones, i think its a great idea, however, from what jdavis has told me, the new crome is suppose to be badass.

ABOVE ALL I am a perfectionist, everyone knows uberdata isnt perfect. When i put my name on a car, i want it running perfect. Thus, currently Hondata is the only obd1 modifying system I trust.

although i will say, im gonna try out that new chrome one day.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

edit:

Hondata is on sale through Wiredspeed.com (i think thats right) check in the sponsor sales sections and you will find it....best price I have seen

Modified by quik sol at 11:20 AM 3/29/2004
Old 03-29-2004, 02:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quik sol)

damn everyone always flies off the handle when posting . . . so lame, but like stated above . . . he was askin about Hondata . . . the Hondata Units are not expensive . . . they are very well worth it, but the unit + install + tune can sometimes get you, but once again you get what you pay for which is a great quality product!
Old 03-29-2004, 04:11 AM

Default Re: (Vtec92Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vtec92Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the Hondata Units are not expensive . . . they are very well worth it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Any "name brand" turbo related part is over priced in my opinion. A full blown hondata s200 sytem is at least $1,000 isn't it? I'm not knocking hondata at all (it's awsome fuel management), but come on now. I have seen a lot of "it's worth it", but is it really worth that much money? Hondata is software with a little bit of hardware... that's all.

You can pretty much get any computer software you want for free these days. As a matter of fact I don't think I have ever paid for computer software. Also do any of you guys actually buy cd's or dvd's anymore? I sure don't since they came out with cd and dvd burners (using free burning programs or course ).
Old 03-29-2004, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2muchPSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mase makes money off of hondata tuning, and he is damn good at it.... of course he would support it.
Uberdata would be my vote, Total cost = under 100 dollars, and with an hour of dyno time, can be just as effective as hondata.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For the DIY crowd, yup, you get more bang/buck and - these days - a lot more features with Uberdata/Crome/etc.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i make more money tuning aem ems, so if i was in this for the money, dont u think i would be pushing aem to everyone?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are in this for the money, but you are determined to make the money off of your own talents. While you are an overly vain ego driven assmallet (please don't tell me what I am, I might cry), you aren't brand specific. At least not after the fashion of the stereotypical HT bandwagon jumper - you USE the platform, there is no reason you want to work with a clusterfuck, or flawed setup that makes you look like an idiot when it's not your fault.

Remember, kids. Take every HT post with a grain of salt, including mine, and look for the angle. These are some barracuda infested waters, but some of us mean well after our fashion.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:43 AM

Default Re: hondata cost (J. Davis)

hahahaha assmallet?
Old 03-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It was the friendly usage of assmallet. While I said it with the best of intentions, it was probably not the most constructive term to use in a respectful discussion.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude, Find ur self a good reputable tuner that you can trust your car to, then go whith the system hes 'expert' and has proven results.

I have learned the worst way! I purchased what i though was the best ems (AEM) and so far, due to hard to find aem tuners, i have had a blown motor and current built motor isnt tunned that well either.... So, im gonan get Hondata and have it tuned by jason aka 'stoopid'.. His shop is a few streets away and now i wonder why in hwll didnt i go hondata in the first place when i have an awesome tuner near by..

Thats my advise
Old 04-05-2004, 06:55 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jesus christ I hate when **** gets off topic.

Whats wrong with a S100 system w/ boost?
As I understand it, most professionaly tuned S200 users dont use any of the options.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nothing wrong with it if u just want to get it tuned and forget about messing with it.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:27 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envision2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uberdata </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree totally, im converting to obd1 just to use this software....After i read how well it works and some of the power numbers guys are making with this how can you not like it plus you have data logging via ecu control and its all priced waaaay lower than hondata can even dream of... I support it all, and love anything that attacks the big man...we all know the little guy will always come out on top, its just business

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like someone wants to lose % points

if you are not gonna contribute positive information to the thread topic at hand, dont ******* post. </TD></TR></TABLE>

aww im sorry, but im a negative person......I dare you
Old 04-05-2004, 08:26 AM

Default Re: hondata cost (TravSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TravSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I agree totally, im converting to obd1 just to use this software....After i read how well it works and some of the power numbers guys are making with this how can you not like it plus you have data logging via ecu control and its all priced waaaay lower than hondata can even dream of... I support it all, and love anything that attacks the big man...we all know the little guy will always come out on top, its just business </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't see Hondata as "the big guy" They're not filing lawsuits trying to shut down teh DIY effort. The were one of the originator's of the scene, and showed us all what was possible. And they have supported the scene in many regards.

Their pricing can be argued both ways. Some would say it's reasonably priced for what you get, other people say it's price gouging.

As with anything, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle of the arguments of the extremist sides.

-PHiZ
Old 04-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata cost (TravSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TravSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
....After i read how well it works and some of the power numbers guys are making with this how can you not like it plus you have data logging via ecu control and its all priced waaaay lower than hondata can even dream of... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Do they have a list of examples of how much people are making on the Uberdata? Or maybe you can link them for us? I want to see the numbers these guys are putting down with this DIY setup. I know Hondata has a buttload of dynocharts on their website. What has Uberdata put down in terms of numbers? Thanx!

Quick Reply: hondata cost