Notices

hondata blue box wtf does it do???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 03:33 PM
I post fake dyno charts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hondata blue box wtf does it do???

i was running hondata for the past 3 years and recently tuned on crome pro for wide open throttle shift. i know that both programs are basically a burnt chip but crome pro has no box, all we used was a romulator and a chip burner and actually burnt the chip on crome that i was using for hondata... so my question is wtf does the blue box actually do... hondata and crome are sooo similar so why does hondata use the box and crome doenst need it?
Old 05-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata blue box wtf does it do??? (redskittle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redskittle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was running hondata for the past 3 years and recently tuned on crome pro for wide open throttle shift. i know that both programs are basically a burnt chip but crome pro has no box, all we used was a romulator and a chip burner and actually burnt the chip on crome that i was using for hondata... so my question is wtf does the blue box actually do... hondata and crome are sooo similar so why does hondata use the box and crome doenst need it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its their security measure and it also houses a serial conversion for datalogging. Basically a 20buck serial board and a nice box with circuits that keep their stuff proprietary.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:42 PM
I post fake dyno charts

Default Re: hondata blue box wtf does it do??? (splitime)

crome pro has datalogging... actaully 90 min of it compard to 3 tables of 2min and 30 sec... thats sooo gay... so basically its so you have to pay extra for datalogging??? so if you have a burnt chip on hondata and you dont have the box could you still use it for ignition and fuel tables...
Old 05-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redskittle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">crome pro has datalogging... actaully 90 min of it compard to 3 tables of 2min and 30 sec... thats sooo gay... so basically its so you have to pay extra for datalogging??? so if you have a burnt chip on hondata and you dont have the box could you still use it for ignition and fuel tables...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can't just use a hondata burned chip. Without the box, it goes into limp mode. Its basically a security thing so they can protect their cash cow.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:50 PM
I post fake dyno charts

Default Re: hondata blue box wtf does it do??? (splitime)

thats sooo funny.. hondata is def going out of business... crome, neptune, all are as good as hondata... and hondata cust is the worst... sent me a rom editor disk without a reg code and the wrong datalogging code... can you say charge back bitch...
Old 05-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will have to disagree with you on that, Hondata will always be round. Less to understand with hondata, and more tuners are tuning Hondata throughout the USA. Good luck finding a tuner in the middle Atlantic region that tunes with crome, on the eastcoast, the more reputable turners use, AEM, hondata, Haltech, Accel, etc........
Old 05-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata blue box wtf does it do??? (Mugencrxsir1)

Just got myself an S300, from what I hear their customer service is shitty but I dont see why I would need it in the first place. I WILL be selling my S300 when the Neptune RTP finally becomes on sale to the public
Old 05-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: hondata blue box wtf does it do??? (96 GSR-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 GSR-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I WILL be selling my S300 when the Neptune RTP finally becomes on sale to the public</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a lot of time and money to blow to get a few ""'s on HT.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: hondata blue box wtf does it do??? (2point2)

crome is coming up.....
Old 05-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata blue box wtf does it do??? (96 GSR-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 GSR-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just got myself an S300, from what I hear their customer service is shitty but I dont see why I would need it in the first place. I WILL be selling my S300 when the Neptune RTP finally becomes on sale to the public</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, sell me your s300 when the neptune comes out, I'm sticking with hondata!!! But if I had the money, I would step up to haltech, Motec, Accel, etc...
Old 05-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Weq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the blue box also allows adition of 3step, g sensor, and the button which allows u to program the 3 step/revlimits without a laptop/burnign a chip.