Notices

Honda Injectors, Peak and hold Vs. Saturated and what cars have what...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Injectors, Peak and hold Vs. Saturated and what cars have what...

Does my 91 Prelude SI B21a1 have peak and hold or saturated?
What is the difference between the two?
Can I just take 4th gen vtec injectors and use those in my engine?
Are all Honda injectors compatible with each other?
Old 12-20-2001, 02:25 PM
New User

Default Re: Honda Injectors, Peak and hold Vs. Saturated and what cars have what... (FuzzyGreenCarpets)

http://www.hondata.com/techinjector.html
Old 12-20-2001, 02:32 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Honda Injectors, Peak and hold Vs. Saturated and what cars have what... (VaporTrail)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=103509

Also, dont forget to click the "please read before posting" on top of the Forced Induction main page.

art
Old 12-20-2001, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Honda Injectors, Peak and hold Vs. Saturated and what cars have what... (FuzzyGreenCarpets)

Ok, so I already did my research and used the search function of this web-site and also read the hondata page BEFORE originally posting this thread. So I don't need responses such as that. What I need is some intellegent, technical conversations here.

I know the topic has been covered before, but if we don't rehash old subjects we'll be stuck talking about nothing since everything eventually becomes an already covered subject. Also, repeating topics often times uncovers new information or starts some creative though processes. In addition, I don't take hondata's information as the word of God or anyone elses for that matter. I want as much responses as possible so that I can make my own technical engine decisions.

So can you answer this question: Can I just take 4th gen vtec injectors and use those in my engine?

What will the results be?
What is your theory on this?

Do you want a messageboard or a wasteland?
Old 12-20-2001, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Straight to the point - No you cannot not. You B20A injectors are P&H.. you have to use P&H.
Old 12-20-2001, 06:08 PM
New User

good god man, you want it spoon fed to you???

High horsepower boosted cars often need large injectors. Most large capacity injectors are available in peak and hold form - about 2 ohms impedence, whereas most stock injectors from about 92 on are saturated (8-10 ohms impedance). Honda engine computers require a total injector impedence of about 10 ohms so a resistor pack is needed whenever the stock saturated injectors are swapped with peak and hold.

Early model injected Hondas; 90-95 Prelude and Accord; 89-91 JDM B16A Hondas all ran external resistor packs with peak and hold injectors.
No, Hondata is not the word of god, but they are 99% correct, and no more about the vehicle electronics of a Honda than anyone else - including myself and most everyone here. The above quote was ripped directly from the page that I posted, and answers your question. To further answer your question, yes, you can swap 4th gen vtec injectors into your car - BUT WHY WOULD YOU? If you need a larger injector, get DSM injectors if you're on a budget, or http://www.rceng.com if you want nicer or larger injectors than 440cc. I'm trying very hard here not to flame, but jeez man, all the info was RIGHT THERE except for the last 2 lines.
Old 12-21-2001, 03:26 PM
New User

Default Re: Honda Injectors, Peak and hold Vs. Saturated and what cars have what... (VaporTrail)

well this DOES bring up a valid question (IMO) that isn't usually covered ---
do most of these injectors physically fit and seal in the engine properly?

How many different shapes and sizes (not flow rates) of injectors are there? While we're on this subject, my friend has some 550cc RC injectors made for an impreza 2.5RS.. can i fit those in my car? (99 civic si)

-Xerxes