Notices

High Comp, Big Shot, Daily D, Ultimate All Around Thread!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Comp, Big Shot, Daily D, Ultimate All Around Thread!!!!

I dunno if you guys even recall my posts but I was recently deciding between a high comp nitrous setup or a mild boost setup. Well I went with the boost setup (10psi) and my motor took a **** after 6 weeks. So I tossed a zc in there to get me around for nwo, but now I wanna try the high comp nitrous route

If you dont have time to read nor help just quit now before you have to read this book Im about to write.

My Setup so far:

A6 Head: (all used 4k miles n/a)
Milled .040
3 angle valve job
ported n polished
Delta 272 cam
dual titanium valve springs
ferrerea retainers
1mm oversized titanium valves
AEM adjustable cam gear

^^ Oversized valves raise compression correct? How much?

Sohc Zc (non-vtec) Block:
JE SRP 9.5:1 Pistons in an A6 (used 3k @ 12psi)
Undecided on rods, probably used eagles
New OEM rod bearings and rings
Micropolished. balnced A6 crank
Undecided on headgasket

Bolt Ons, misc setup
Venom Intake manifold
JG 64MM t/b
DSM 450cc injectors
Dc sport header
2.25" exhaust, cherry bomb muffler to side exit pasenger side (no cat)
BNM Fuel Pressure Regulator

Trannsmission:
Undecided clutch
Fidanza 8pound flywheel (FREE!!)

Engine Manegment/ Spark
OBDO ( hope to stay that way)
Have an ecu already shipped with TurboEdit (dunno how good TE is with nitrous)
Would an Safc II be usueable? (2 settings could be useable)
Pretty much undecided, keep in mind the DSM 450's
I have a wideband and a very shitty laptop so street tuning could possibly be an option?)

The Plan:
Obviously Im young and stupid, work full time supposed to be saving for school but this **** is just to much fun. The Crx is daily driven, so it has to have a somewhat reliable N/A setup that gets descent mileage. But I want to be able to go from that descent mileage N/A (that is still fun to beat on all motor) but be able to to a strip mode very quikc if I catch a run on the highway or at a stoplight.

I plan on running a huge shot of nitrous, maybe 150? Have to keep up with the modified mustangs and big ballas. I am limited to 93 octane gas though, maybe a mixture of xylene? Probably not cost effiecient for daily driven. Would most likely be a direct port, have to figure it out with fitment issues with the venom intake manifold.

An SAFC II has those 2 settings that you can store, I dont know much about these units but it seems like it would work managing the 450's daily driven, but dont they advance timing...? I dunno someone shed some light on that.

My buddy has an MSD unit of some sort, give me a day until I can get that, but Im hoping its the one where you just turn the **** and it automatically retards timing a few degrees, would be great for switching to nitrous mode on the fly correct?

I kind of went away form boost, not because it wasnt fun because it was, but I knew id just keep throwing money at this ****, I already was pricing out an Sc61 and some massive work.

With a direct port nitrous kit I could still have my fun on my own, has a little more sleeper effect.

This is all going to be done on a budget, dont have a set number but the cheaper the better, but I dont mind spending some pennies on something that will be really helpful

I dunno what else to write, Ive got a need for speed and a love for the 1 cam. Throw any ideas and opinions you have at me.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: High Comp, Big Shot, Daily D, Ultimate All Around Thread!!!! (1 Cam Wonder)

I did the exact opposite as you. Went from a nitrous setup to a turbo setup, possibly turbo+nitrous setup.

Anyways, the MSD would be great to retard timing for the nitrous, but you have to pop your hood to do it still I believe. I tried using Hondata's nitrous controls, but it only allows one fuel enrichment and timing input instead of being able to tune an entire map for nitrous. That resulted in a blown headgasket at 100 shot for me. The engine management I have seen that looks most promising for nitrous controls now is Neptune. It allows you to switch over to entirely different fuel and timing maps for nitrous. I don't believe it is compatible with OBD0 though.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:00 PM

Default Re: High Comp, Big Shot, Daily D, Ultimate All Around Thread!!!! (RyanCivic2000)

and also isnt available to the public yet and I doubt we will see it in Canada for a long *** time

BTW- I made the same post on sohchonda lol

I thought the MSD **** was mounted inside the cabin
Old 11-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: High Comp, Big Shot, Daily D, Ultimate All Around Thread!!!! (1 Cam Wonder)

hehe seems crazy. about the MSD. go with the digital 6 it has an retard setup that can be activated with the nitrous switch so the car runs normal timing off spray and when u hit the switch it retards it.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:52 PM

Default Re: High Comp, Big Shot, Daily D, Ultimate All Around Thread!!!! (M.A.R.C.)

hrrrmmmmm
Old 11-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty much what I'm doing with a Y8 motor, only all OEM internals.

Going with PM7 pistons on PG6 rods to get a 12.2:1 CR.

Also going to run F4I ITBs with a direct port 50 shot. Gonna see how that does, and if I feel its safe, I'll try a 75 shot.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:20 PM

Default Re: (Bryson)

What are you ging to use to manage it?
Old 11-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bryson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pretty much what I'm doing with a Y8 motor, only all OEM internals.

Going with PM7 pistons on PG6 rods to get a 12.2:1 CR.

Also going to run F4I ITBs with a direct port 50 shot. Gonna see how that does, and if I feel its safe, I'll try a 75 shot. </TD></TR></TABLE>

dont' forget my sexy y8 head
Old 11-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Either a PM6 with a VAFC

or the PM6 chipped with Turboedit.

Since the nitrous isn't that big of a shot, I shouldn't need to retard the timing.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (M.A.R.C.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M.A.R.C. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dont' forget my sexy y8 head </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh but of course!
Old 11-07-2004, 07:51 PM

Really you can use turboedit for an all motor/ nitrous setup?

I actually have a PM6 sitting here with turboedit already chipped and a ZIF socket, didnt think I could use it though

Care to shed some light?

I found out which MSD my friend has, its the BTM with the **** where you can Im assuming chance timing on the fly?

hmmmmm.....

To much to think about
Old 11-08-2004, 07:43 AM