Notices

::::::Hidden Turbos Thread::::::::pics and how toos welcome

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ::::::Hidden Turbo Thread::::::::pics and how toos welcome

I have seen people hide there turbos really well I just need to make a thread about it to get ideas incase you get pulled over...Im looking foward to it

Im looking through my photobucket..

Old 01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ::::::Hidden Turbo Thread::::::::pics and how toos welcome (jdmkid8383)

Rear mount turbo's suck for 2 reasons.....

#1 A turbo uses unused energy that was combusted from the engine to sping the turbine wheel, with as much piping you have for exhaust you loose a lot the heat efficentcy = power loss

#2 Larger the turbo the more piping the more air volume you'll have to fill = LAG!!!

The End

PS.
Just my 0.2 cents
Old 01-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ::::::Hidden Turbo Thread::::::::pics and how toos welcome (wickedEFguy)

this isnt suppose to be a thread on wether or not it sucks.We all know why they are no good.

Id like to see some setups, u could make something real sleeper w/ a setup like this.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:32 PM

Default Re: ::::::Hidden Turbo Thread::::::::pics and how toos welcome (93supercoupe)

Somebody needs to post that picture of the guy with the intercooler piping running through the stock airbox. That's probably the most hidden setup I've ever seen.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i want to know how the oil returns back to the pan ?
Old 01-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (808DB1)

I just saw a similar rear mounted turbo setup on HorsepowerTv the other day. it was a twin turbo vette like so ...http://www.corvettegarage.com/....html
It made an extra 200whp on just 7psi. But then again, such a big motor with turbos that small lag would not really be a problem.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (808DB1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 808DB1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i want to know how the oil returns back to the pan ? </TD></TR></TABLE>
They used a pump to feed it back to the motor.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:07 PM

Default Re: (champLSinteg)

the other thing they said on powerblock is that all the charge piping helped shed more heat off the charge air
Old 01-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by champLSinteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just saw a similar rear mounted turbo setup on HorsepowerTv the other day. it was a twin turbo vette like so ...http://www.corvettegarage.com/....html
It made an extra 200whp on just 7psi. But then again, such a big motor with turbos that small lag would not really be a problem. </TD></TR></TABLE>
the exhaust setup on that vet looks sick. I'm i'm seeing that correctly the two middle pipes are the downpipes and the two outside pipes are the dumptubes? Pretty neat idea.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ::::::Hidden Turbo Thread::::::::pics and how toos welcome (jdmkid8383)

ive seen a log setup with a heat sheild over it. charge pipe ran through
stock intake system. look on import atlanta its on there.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://s227.photobucket.com/al...4.flv

my buddies rear mount TT C5 Vette
Old 01-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmkid8383 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have seen people hide there turbos really well I just need to make a thread about it to get ideas incase you get pulled over...Im looking foward to it

Im looking through my photobucket..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

A cop would never see this turbo...as long as you stay behind him! A cop might not see it when he pops your hood but the reason he pulled you over was because he saw the turbo in the back. Hahaha!!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Now if you could mount that rear turbo in the casing of a stock muffler I would be impressed.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by champLSinteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just saw a similar rear mounted turbo setup on HorsepowerTv the other day. it was a twin turbo vette like so ...http://www.corvettegarage.com/....html
It made an extra 200whp on just 7psi. But then again, such a big motor with turbos that small lag would not really be a problem. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You guys wanna see a REAL twin turbo vette, look at the rear mount (both turbos in the trunk, 1500+ hp) Z06 in the drag racing forums.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ::::::Hidden Turbo Thread::::::::pics and how toos welcome (wickedEFguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wickedEFguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rear mount turbo's suck for 2 reasons.....

#1 A turbo uses unused energy that was combusted from the engine to sping the turbine wheel, with as much piping you have for exhaust you loose a lot the heat efficentcy = power loss

#2 Larger the turbo the more piping the more air volume you'll have to fill = LAG!!!

The End

PS.
Just my 0.2 cents </TD></TR></TABLE>

no,
#1 size A/R accordingly
#2 reduce pipe diameter
Old 01-09-2008, 07:02 PM
i ♥ snails

yeah the lag wont be that exaggerated, hot exhaust gas flows pretty fast i forgot the velocity/speed but its pretty good
Old 01-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

post pics of the bays you find online
Old 01-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

with a downpipe that short im sure anyone can tell the car has a turbo its probably loud as hell
Old 01-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quicksilver1689 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah the lag wont be that exaggerated, hot exhaust gas flows pretty fast i forgot the velocity/speed but its pretty good</TD></TR></TABLE>
i remember when the STS kit first came out, there was a magazine that did a test drive with it...at first the author was VERY skeptical and thought along the lines as most people in this thread....then he drove the car (Type R) and was very impressed wtih it...he wrote that it had very similiar characteristics as a similiar under hood mounted turbo system...minimal lag, great response, good power etc, etc. those kits are well thought out, well rounded kits, despite what honda-tech thinks. i lol at what drips out of peoples mouths onto there keyboards sometimes.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:01 AM
* B A N N E D *

Check out squires turbos systems. They are for v8's but they have a universal kit that can go on imports.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (japanjay)

We need Tony the Tiger to chime in.......I can't seem to find pics of his setup.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 AM

this is pretty hidden...

Old 01-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ::::::Hidden Turbo Thread::::::::pics and how toos welcome (simply)

EDIT: HAHA, yeah that's the one I was talking about ^^^
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by simply &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Somebody needs to post that picture of the guy with the intercooler piping running through the stock airbox. That's probably the most hidden setup I've ever seen.</TD></TR></TABLE> I remember seeing that. The sleeperest setup I've seen on a honda. It used part of the stock exhaust manifold and all the piping was well hidden.

Modified by thewrai6th at 12:04 PM 1/10/2008
Old 01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wickedEFguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rear mount turbo's suck for 2 reasons.....

The End

PS.
Just my 0.2 cents </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TiAL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so.....if it was under the hood what would it use to spool it? hopes and dreams?
the kits come with the proper size charge pipes so you dont have to worry about lag.

no,
#1 size A/R accordingly
#2 reduce pipe diameter</TD></TR></TABLE>

#1 reason why these turbo kits suck...I personaly seen two ripped off! one by a speed bump and one debri in the road. the one ripped off by a speed bump was a camaro...pretty funny.

but on topic. the civic I saw was green but it had the turbo covered with the stock heat shield and the charge pipes were hidden in the stock air box. the intercooler was painted black also. pretty hidden. minus a couple of questionable vacum lines.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that red civic is the hotness....allways wanted to do a setup like that

Quick Reply: ::::::Hidden Turbos Thread::::::::pics and how toos welcome