Notices

Hey guys, looking to get a kit.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys, looking to get a kit.

Hey gents, so right now im driving a 1999 civic EX coupe, 145k Miles =[, all STOCK. Quick question i was wondering if i were to buy this kit - http://www.turbokits.com/Rev_Hard_St...Turbo_Kit/266/ and install it all on my complete stock civic, how would she run and is it safe? and would i need ANY other modifications? Basically instead of saying "your a dumbass" or whatever if you guys could just give me alittle help on where to start.

Just trying to see if i should buy the KIT or go piece by piece for better performance and ease ect.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Climbtrees; 05-11-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: more info
Old 05-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey guys, looking to get a kit.

Originally Posted by Climbtrees
just give me alittle help on where to start
Ok, the search button.

I did it, and so can you.

/thread.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Climbtrees
Hey gents, so right now im driving a 1999 civic EX coupe, 145k Miles =[, all STOCK. Quick question i was wondering if i were to buy this kit - http://www.turbokits.com/Rev_Hard_St...Turbo_Kit/266/ and install it all on my complete stock civic, how would she run and is it safe? and would i need ANY other modifications? Basically instead of saying "your a dumbass" or whatever if you guys could just give me alittle help on where to start.

Just trying to see if i should buy the KIT or go piece by piece for better performance and ease ect.

Thanks guys.
I would recommend using a kit from Go-Autoworks.com.
You would need to upgrade the clutch for sure. I would even recommend installing forged rods and pistons.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FMU's are garbage. Doesnt have injectors either doesnt look like. Piece one togethor for sure, www.trackforged.com they have nice manifolds and downpipes. Or if your dead set on that kit, buy it, buy injectors and get a Chipped P28 and convert ur car back to OBD1 and get it properly tuned and dont forget a clutch!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You wont NEED forged internals... as you stated "and install it all on my complete stock civic" Just stay under 10 PSI unless you wanna buy a new map sensor and ur HP numbers will/should be well within the stock motors limitations
Old 05-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I didnt state that he would NEED forged internals. I recommened it. Why spend so much on a turbo setup and not spend another 600-700 for pistons and rods? I just dont see the point of running a turbo on a stock block and have to worry about something in the bottom end giving way. I know its possible but its not the safest route.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I was assuming he/she is new to turbos ( considering his post ) and was just reassuring him/her that it would indeed work on stock block. I totally agree with forged internals and what you were saying though. But as far as the original question, yes it would work on you stock internals. However if you want it to last take it to a shop for a dyno tunning session!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya a good tuner is going to be a MUST. Although, if you scatter it, its a d-series. Buy another one for 200 bucks lol.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know right... Im assuming since your looking at dropping 3 grand on that kit you have some money saved up, buy a D series block and use vitara pistons and some eagle/scat/ect...ect...ect rods. You wont have any downtime on your car since you'll have two blocks, nice excuse to buy a better headgasket and ARP studs. One thing thats over looked sometimes, is get solid motor mounts also. You could do a forged internal build for around 700 bucks tops on the D series with above mentioned parts and make 300+ WHP.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

for sure.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FMU's are NOT garbage, they are the cheapest way out!! u can get piece a kit together with FMU and P28, however cannot run more than six pounds of boost EVER!! its cheapest a way to improvise, however ran the setup with a B16a2 just added missing link which i really could not tell difference of it. Motor ran amazing, i have A/C setup manifold so its the Isssh, did blow turbo because it was a china turbo. However motor was healthy and in great condition when decided to have it built and sleeved for safe boostin!! The Fellas Definitely know what they're talking about
Old 05-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome advice all other this thread. I say go all motor k-series its where its at.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if u HAD to use the FMU go for it, but I would def recommend a real tune. You can easily run more then 6 PSI as long as your hp numbers arnt too high for your stock motor. Ive been running a tial 12lb wastegate for over a year with no problems at all... as far a all motor K series comment.... that would be nice but not feasable to all.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The FMU is the old skool way of doing that. Its like a bandaid fix to something just like the missing link. If you cant afford a tune and just wanna run the car then its definatly the cheapest route. The thing about FMU's is that you only know "about" how much fuel you are getting. Obviously there are different ratio FMU's you can get. Its like when you take a girl out on a date. You dont wanna know "about" how likely you are to get laid cus if the odds are stacked against you, you arent buying dinner. lol
Old 05-12-2011, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have your motor compression and leakdown tested and if everything checks out... that kit with a new set of injectors, a walbro fuel pump, a chipped ecu, and a dyno tune will be a fun car.

you could probably find something a lot cheaper than that though.