Notices

Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys?

Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys?

I had this thread in the NA forum, and mostly all I'm getting is a bunch of NA whino's claiming why NA is best, when thats totally not what I'm asking.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1310855

If you have the time, please read my posts, and tell me what you think. I'm just wondering why so many NA heads love their NA worlds so much without even experiencing a well planned and tuned turbo setup, and if any of them were diehard NA fans, went turbo, but went back to NA.

Mods, I've already PMed you about that thread in the NA forum. Thank you!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (Spec R)

NA is the best... for going slow!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (11psiTurboSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 11psiTurboSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NA is the best... for going slow! </TD></TR></TABLE>

NA is Best .... for not having any midrange nor torque. except H series and 2.4 K series.

really though, check out that thread, its sad to see how many of them thought it was a NA vs FI thread, and totally ignored my clearly stated opinions and questions.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:27 AM

i went from being boosted to n/a. now i'm about to be boosted again! i'm so excited
Old 07-20-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (NuclearB18B)

*sheepishly raises hand*
Old 07-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The only reason I am building an n/a setup is to get me to work and back my boosted ride is for weekends n/a is slow
Old 07-20-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (DRAGLS)

i agree, NA is so fucken slow

TURBO FOR LIFE
Old 07-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

na is weaksauce unless you got a lightass car.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (SOHC_MShue)

of course if your just talking about hondas boost is better.

Expand to lets say a mild 454 build that a friend of mine did. Ran a 10sec 1/4 at bandamere (5000ft asl) N/A.

of course add boost to that and well....boost is faster. Better? depends on what your trying to achieve.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I run my daily driver as a boosted for fun setup... my trackish car is NA because I like the ability to drive halfway across the country, do a 2day event on the roadcourse... flogging the crap out of it... and then drive home.

The reliability of turbos can be there... but the if the turbo setup has problems it has alot more stuff to trouble shoot. Lots less to think about and deal with on a NA setup. Especially if you stay OEM longblock and just drive the **** out of it.

Also.. I really love the instant throttle response of the NA setup.. just allows me alot more control when out on the track.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was never a hardcore n/a is best guy, but i did go n/a for my first buildup and it was fun, but now im looking for some serious hp so i turnend over to the dark side
Old 07-20-2005, 01:52 PM
12 Years Strong

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (ArinX)

I WAS hardcore N/A - Then boosted, back to N/A, then boosted again, back to N/A and now I am boosted for a 3rd time I would never go back - I love the power from boost - If you want to go fast boost is where it's at I can't see spending 10K on an N/A build and getting 240whp, when I can spend about half that with a turbo and have gobs more power and torque, with a stock internaled motor
Old 07-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (HybridHatch88)

If they want to go fast eventually the NA guys will come to the dark side. They always do!
Old 07-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I still rock a "NA is best" sticker on the back of my turbo car.... right where all the NA heads can see it
Old 07-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (ITR981002)

i'm an n/a guy. i have all motor integra and a boosted civic ex. its true i spent less money about $2400 to get over 200whp and i got **** loads of torque with my boosted civic. i was also able to keep my a/c and power steering. fast fun pleasue car to drive. my civic is my beater car. i'm still an n/a guy because i love being the underdog, high reving raw power of all motor and nothing beats the feeling of beating a boosted car. i ran a 12.9@ 104 mph with a oem bottem ls/vtec (typer pistons) built head. i dont think thats slow.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (91integraLSVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91integraLSVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm an n/a guy. i have all motor integra and a boosted civic ex. its true i spent less money about $2400 to get over 200whp and i got **** loads of torque with my boosted civic. i was also able to keep my a/c and power steering. fast fun pleasue car to drive. my civic is my beater car. i'm still an n/a guy because i love being the underdog, high reving raw power of all motor and nothing beats the feeling of beating a boosted car. i ran a 12.9@ 104 mph with a oem bottem ls/vtec (typer pistons) built head. i dont think thats slow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It ain't slow, but it ain't awfully fast either. You're fodder for a bolt on turbo B-series car, a lot of turbo D-series cars, and a lot of other things on the road. I didn't like being an underdog, I liked being able to win, and not just against other small civics and maybe a stock WRX or DSM here and there.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (Napoleon Dynamite)

Ick. "NA" and "Honda" shouldn't be used in the same sentence. Either you have displacement, or you have boost. Going with "neither" isn't an option if you want to be fast.

For what it's worth, I spent about $4k for 400whp on my d16y8. NA guys spend just as much money for half the power...

But anyway, we've all been in a stage where we were in denial about boost being the best. Hell, I did it twice - first I swore by my NA setup. Then I realized that boost was the way to go and I bought a JRSC. Then I realized that the only real way to go is turbo, so that's where I ended up.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (EnzoSpeed)

boost owns my soul. ive dumped almost 15k in the last 8 months, so i cant wait for the first crank of the new motor and getting it tuned
Old 07-20-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (wantboost)

I'm N/A right now but I've felt the power of boost and I want more so I've been thinking of boosting my B16. Just the feeling of it spooling up and taking off is just great but I guess they both have there advantages.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (91B16HF)

I guess it's just different preferrances for different people. I think it'd be challenging and fun to build an AM car, but I just can't stand the fucken noise they make. It's obnoxious as hell.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (wantboost)

just get that puppy tuned right and youll love it
Old 07-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was an NA guy till I wanted to start winning.. went to boost and never will go back
Old 07-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys? (stealthmode62)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I guess it's just different preferrances for different people. I think it'd be challenging and fun to build an AM car, but I just can't stand the fucken noise they make. It's obnoxious as hell. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I agree. I'm not a big fan of the noise our little four bangers put out when they are na. Sometimes i don't mind it, but other times it gets to me.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a 200whp lsvtec and i think na blows.
because
200whp is hard to get and cost $$$$$$$$$ and in a full weight integra is still slow as ****. i think in general na in a full weight integra that runs 91 octane is slow and the only way to go fast is turbo. this is why i'm building my turbo motor now after learing my lesson from my first motor. my first bult i learned that na is just slow if you dont own a damn crx or something.
turbo is just much faster and cost less. you get more hp per $ when your turbo not to mention that the potenchial or turbo is almost limit less
Old 07-20-2005, 09:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spec R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

NA is Best .... for not having any midrange nor torque. except H series and 2.4 K series.

really though, check out that thread, its sad to see how many of them thought it was a NA vs FI thread, and totally ignored my clearly stated opinions and questions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, you're right...This is a good post! I would love to answer your questions for you, but after switching from N/A to turbo, I haven't gone back to N/A...maybe there's a reason why.

Quick Reply: Hey, are any of you former "NA is best" guys?