Notices

Help with tial wg install

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with tial wg install

Ok, I am in the mist of installing my custom turbo but am not sure how to install my wg. I have two -4 fitting and 18 inches of braided line. So, should I tap the turbo and run the line to the lower port of the wg, or should I tap the intercooler piping and run the line from there? Also, is -4 a good size for my 35mm wg or should I go bigger? does that effect boost responce. Thanks if you can help.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Help with tial wg install (snt78)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snt78 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, I am in the mist of installing my custom turbo but am not sure how to install my wg. I have two -4 fitting and 18 inches of braided line. So, should I tap the turbo and run the line to the lower port of the wg, or should I tap the intercooler piping and run the line from there? Also, is -4 a good size for my 35mm wg or should I go bigger? does that effect boost responce. Thanks if you can help.</TD></TR></TABLE>i personally run teh wg off the turbo nipple barb thingy, some say the manifold, but to each his own, the side port is used for th esognal and MBC, soem have used the EBC on the side,. i with my mbc i just leave the top port open, yoru tial sholda came with some 90 degree barbs and use some hose to go with it.

why would you use braided line? just use some rubber, much easier
Old 07-03-2003, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Help with tial wg install (evoeone)

Hey, thanks for the relpy, it hasn't been easy getting this question answered. Anyway, I heard about the bard thingy but I think that is just on turbonetics turbos, I have a garrett. I have never heard of runnng off the manifold but I guess presure is presure. Yeah my tial comes with a suival peice for the wg but don't I just use that for boost controllers? If anyone else can help clear this up tha would be great.

About the braided line. The person I went earl's shopping with runs braided line for everything, even his blov. So, he picked out the stuff and I put it on the plastic. I am not sure if it help any but braided line is cool none the less.thanks