Notices

help with sleeper build..

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with sleeper build..

Hello honda-tech. Need help adding power to my 96 civic sedan for cheap. Few years ago I had some money and wanted to build a sleeper. I got as far as buying a pos civic with a little rust and some dents. I had Full Blown build me a poor mans type R with a ported gsr head, itr pistons, ls bottom and a del sol b16 trans. I already have a clean hatch fully built, gt35r with paint, rims, interior etc...as well as 3 other turbo cars so I was thinking along the lines of used supercharger or nitrous.
Ive never even been in a nitrous car before and it seems pretty fun but im wondering if i wont be able to spray enough safely for it to feel very fun. I'm kind of poor these days and I also just bought a stock cts-v that I'm saving money to mod so I want to do something relatively cheap to the sleeper to extract some more fun out of it. Its just been sitting for a few years and with as much of a hit I would take to sell it. I figured I would keep it a little longer if I can make it a lot funner without a lot of money.

I dont really know what my options are as far as how much a used supercharger would be. How fast a safe amount of spray would be compared to a supercharger. Even what type of a nitrous kit to get. Can i safely spray more with a direct port or wet system compared to dry? Can i safely spray more with meth injection? I would like to try the nitrous route just because ive never experienced it but if i can go faster safer with a used supercharger without too much money then that would probably be a better choice for me.

Any advice from experienced members would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically looking for a safe way to get the most fun per dollar out of this pos before I sell it and take a huge hit. Sorry for being so noob and not knowing basic ****..
Old 04-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with sleeper build..

Guys his civic has a 35r, rims, paint and interior. He also has 3 other turbo cars. He also has a ctsv. He is also kind of poor these days.

My guess is you probably don't have a car. Post pics of any of the aforementioned vehicles or gtfo. Plz include pics of paint interior and rims.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DAmnquickDA
Guys his civic has a 35r, rims, paint and interior. He also has 3 other turbo cars. He also has a ctsv. He is also kind of poor these days.

My guess is you probably don't have a car. Post pics of any of the aforementioned vehicles or gtfo. Plz include pics of paint interior and rims.
HAHAHA, if you have 4 turboed cars why are you asking these questions? Cool "story" bro.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow i didnt expect this kind of haterism from forums. I guess honda guys are douchebags these days. Definitely dont encounter this kind of assholeness on other forums. Why is it hard to believe that a 33 year old can accumulate some inexpensive cars over the years and get a loan on a nice one?

[photos have been deleted due to plates partially showing]

Last edited by Rickybooby; 04-13-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Other cars are not stored at my house but one is a pos 240 with s14 swap and a subaru legacy gt. Also kinda pos.

Couldnt get the hood open on the pos civic that im asking advice about and i dont feel the need to do so to prove i have a pos civic with a swap.

[All photos deleted because of shady internet criminals]

Last edited by Rickybooby; 04-13-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:55 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

You're continuing to make the mistake of revealing your personal finance and "garage" information on this forum. People here have a tendency to be nosy and try to find out what makes you tick.

How and what you do with your vehicle(s) is your business. It should stay your business.

Ignore it. It'll pass. But if you don't want anymore flack. Stop trying to explain yourself to everyone.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How and what i do with my vehicles is my business? Isnt that what people talk about on car forums publicly? Ive been on many car forums and most of them are glad to help. A lot of people also have "all their car business" in their tag visible with every single post so forgive me if im new to the specific intricacies of honda-tech educate but i came here for advice. I find it hard to get advice if you dont know what im talking about.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts

Honestly I wouldn't list much info at all on this forum or any other Honda forum. The type of owners of Hondas are nothing like other owners. That is why on a local Honda forum I don't even use my normal user name. Here is an example...

A Mustang owner off a forum has come to my house and helped me on my car, another came to my house to buy a motor I had, and another came to my house to pick up a transmission.

I once bought some Honda parts from a board member and when I arrived at his apartment, him and his buddy were smoking weed playing Xbox and I went out on his back "patio" to get the parts while my wife sat in the car waiting. (protected)

That gives you an idea of what I think is being told here.

Also I'd delete your pictures. Unless you scrubbed them someone can figure out where you live.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Honestly I wouldn't list much info at all on this forum or any other Honda forum. The type of owners of Hondas are nothing like other owners. That is why on a local Honda forum I don't even use my normal user name. Here is an example...

A Mustang owner off a forum has come to my house and helped me on my car, another came to my house to buy a motor I had, and another came to my house to pick up a transmission.

I once bought some Honda parts from a board member and when I arrived at his apartment, him and his buddy were smoking weed playing Xbox and I went out on his back "patio" to get the parts while my wife sat in the car waiting. (protected)

Also I'd delete your pictures. Unless you scrubbed them someone can figure out where you live.

Im gonna take your advice and remove all the pictures with partial license plates showing just incase someone does some csi zoom in **** and comes to steal my ****.. Now that I think about it. A lifetime ago when my friends and I were into burning rice, some of us weren't exactly law abiding citizens..
Old 04-13-2015, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I apologize. And I admit to being a douche. In all fairness your original post is a 9/10 on noob scale and most posts like yours are written by 17 yr old kids with an automatic 99 civic.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the apology. I do realize I'm noob and thats why I apologized in advance for being one. I wouldnt be asking these pretty basic questions if I wasnt one.

I still havent gotten any advice though.. Still need some lol
Old 04-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Honda scene is full of shady cheap *** people.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:59 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickybooby
How and what i do with my vehicles is my business? Isnt that what people talk about on car forums publicly? Ive been on many car forums and most of them are glad to help. A lot of people also have "all their car business" in their tag visible with every single post so forgive me if im new to the specific intricacies of honda-tech educate but i came here for advice. I find it hard to get advice if you dont know what im talking about.
|
|
|
V

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Honestly I wouldn't list much info at all on this forum or any other Honda forum. The type of owners of Hondas are nothing like other owners.

Originally Posted by Dark_Teg
The Honda scene is full of shady cheap *** people.
This is why I mention this. No need to be rude. This information is more valuable than the info you're asking about.

Good luck with everything.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nitrous is the solution
Old 04-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you want a nitrous car put it on a LS based motor, I swear those things were designed from GM to use nitrous. Honda motor...turbo. They are four cylinders, they always are sleepers lol
Old 04-13-2015, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For your civic: zex direct port $850 plus $40-50 for refills sleeper.

ebay.com/itm/391111787538?nav=SEARCH
Old 04-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For your civic: zex direct port $850 plus $40-50 for refills sleeper.

ebay.com/itm/391111787538?nav=SEARCH
And how much power will he make with your idea?
Old 04-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He said he wants to try nitrous and he has already been the turbo route 3 times previous. Im offering an effective nitrous solution. OP also said he wants cheap. I figure to piece together a quality budget turbo kit he would spend 1500-2000 plus tuning. How much power would he make on nitrous? No idea. If I read his original post correctly he has a mild lsvtec so I guess he's putting down 170-200whp currently. Sooo if he adds a 100 shot I guess that would be 270ish. Sounds sleeper and probably reliable. Definitely cheap. Doesn't even need direct port. Single fogger would work too.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He said he wants to try nitrous and he has already been the turbo route 3 times previous. Im offering an effective nitrous solution. OP also said he wants cheap. I figure to piece together a quality budget turbo kit he would spend 1500-2000 plus tuning. How much power would he make on nitrous? No idea. If I read his original post correctly he has a mild lsvtec so I guess he's putting down 170-200whp currently. Sooo if he adds a 100 shot I guess that would be 270ish. Sounds sleeper and probably reliable. Definitely cheap. Doesn't even need direct port. Single fogger would work too.

Thanks for the advice. Do you think 100 shot is safe in my setup? I've blown a few motors before and it was never a fun experience. I would like to gain as much cheap power reliably. What do you think about a used sueprcharger kit as far as cost and reliable power vs a nitrous setup?
Old 04-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Impossible to say if anything is safe or not because of so many unknowns. I broke a high mileage b18a on a 55 shot and successfully ran a 75 on a stock gsr. If your engine was assembled correctly it should have no problem handling 300whp regardless of the method used to achieve that power. Truth is you should do what u want. Want to buy a used supercharger? Do it. Wanna eBay turbo it? Solid. Wanna use nitrous? Awesome. Budget less than $1k : nitrous. More than 1k : boost of choice.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry for more noob questions but I'm still no further along than when I first posted so here goes.. For reference my build has less than 10k miles on it and made around 200whp I forgot the exact number.

1. Is direct port a more reliable way to spray?

2. Is boost from a blower more reliable than spray?

3. What is the range of price a used super charger kit typically costs if I can even find one?

4. Can I probably boost more with one form of forced induction over another?

5. If I eat 1 apple a day can I avoid going to the dentist?
Old 04-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1. Generally yes
2. Yes
3. Roots (jrsc) aren't plentiful and prices aren't consistent. Centrifugal (procharger, rotrex) are easier to come by and prices could be anywhere from 2-5.
4. Yea turbos are more or less unlimited. Superchargers are limited by pulley size and engine speed.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you. Now I have a better understanding and will probably go direct port due to budget problems. Let me revise question 4:

4. I know that turbos can boost more at lower rpm. My question is in terms of reliable power without going kaboom. Can my motor handle more boost from one form of induction over another? Can i extract more reliable power from a supercharger than with direct port nitrous or is boost the same and 5psi is 5psi no matter if it comes from a turbo or blower or nitrous? Is boost from a blower more reliable in terms of functionality only or is it more reliable because my motor can handle more HP coming from a blower than it can coming from nitrous? For long term usage..
Old 04-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pounds of boost is irrelevant. choose a hp goal and go for it. 20 lbs on a t25 is worlds different than 20lbs on a 6266
Old 04-13-2015, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think a 100 shot is going to go over well on any stock B series.

Quick Reply: help with sleeper build..