Notices

Help guys...all of a sudden i'm running LEAN!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help guys...all of a sudden i'm running LEAN!!

okay guys i need some feedback on what to check tomorrow since it's already late and i just got back from my vacation and need time to relax before work tomorrow. I got back, started up the car and it fired up like normal...went to the bank to deposite money...came back home for about 30 min. buddy calls me up and wants me to go over to his house to check out his setup...i start car and it starts up fine...but right when i back up...my a/f gauge ran all the way to lean in a matter of seconds! it never went back up. i thought it was my fuel pump so i installed in the new Walbro 255lph pump i had just bought a few weeks ago from KTeller8 and started up the car. still the same thing...i was running lean! it never did this to me before!! i now know it's not the fuel pump...i did a search and found out it could be a dead or dying O2 sensor...but my guess is that that would throw a CEL. Could it be my injectors (DSM 440cc) and or wiring(accord resistor box)? Ecu? I'm currently only running UberTeg's chip soon to install my hondata this coming up weekend. anyway...please give me hints on what i should look for.

thanks!

oh yeah...and another thing...it's blowing out white smoke...just enough so that you can tell it's smoke...not a lot. i can't really tell the smell but it burns when you try to take a wiff of it. couldn't running rich cause this too?? coolent doesn't burn when you smell it right?
Old 07-28-2003, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help guys...all of a sudden i'm running LEAN!! (shermanyang)

where is your gauge wiring hooked to? check the voltage at the o2 while it's warmed and see if it registers.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help guys...all of a sudden i'm running LEAN!! (scttydb411)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scttydb411 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where is your gauge wiring hooked to? check the voltage at the o2 while it's warmed and see if it registers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup i'm gonna do that tomorrow. i have 2 O2's on my downpipe so i'm gonna try to plug it in to the other one tomorrow and see how that goes. but if it does the same thing...it's down to my injectors, resistor box, and ecu.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Help guys...all of a sudden i'm running LEAN!! (shermanyang)

That would happen to me when my 02 was going on my AF gauge...

Hope its just an 02

Blaze