Notices

HELP! Car died! i'm stranded right now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Car died! i'm stranded right now!

Alright... here's the setup... '00 Si w/ b16a2... t3/t4, tial, rc 440's, Uberdata w/ p28 ECU.. I was runnin WAAYYY too much fuel, so i leaned it out... Car ran fair... Still has some kind of hesitation with boost transition, but i think its b/c i'm missing a wire in my Xover harness for the VCC...

But anyways... I get 1/2 a mile from work, at a stoplight, car is idlign GREAT (Raised the idle on my last burn)... It idled high at cold startup, but i didnt mind that, I set it that way... I'm at the stoplight, car is idling, all of a sudden, it stutters a bit and dies... Wont refire... I push it off the road to a parking lot... wont fire... I plug in my obd2 Si ECU, and with my foot at WOT, it will idle... Put the Xover harness and p28 back in, nothin... Call my buddy with a towrope to tow it back to my work... Sit there for about 4 more minutes, and car starts a little bit.. I give it gas, it clears out, and i pull out onto the road and head for work... (heading back to work at 5:45pm.. How wrong is that)... So for the first 1500 feet or so, it barely wanted to run, then it seemed like it cleared out and was doing better...

Am I running the wrong map? I'm running a p28 map... I dont have a p30 map... Should I run a p72 map? Help me out guys...
Old 10-21-2003, 02:03 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: HELP! Car died! i'm stranded right now! (ScrapinSi)

ok dont go punting new maps into the thing just randomly.

there seems to be an electical / mechanical problem with the car. dont you think?

perhaps you need to try the stock ecu with stock injectors and make sure it starts, idles, and warms up ok. or at least go back to your previous rom that didnt die like this.

not directed at you but people need to start thinking methodically about their problems and what they changed or did half *** to cause a problem instead of just randomly changing things (adding more unknowns to a problem).

Old 10-21-2003, 02:04 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

First of all You can't run to much fuel and lean out. If it was too much fuel it would be rich.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! Car died! i'm stranded right now! (HybridcivicLS-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all You can't run to much fuel and lean out. If it was too much fuel it would be rich.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i mean i had leaned out the PROM... From what i'm reading i think i'm running the wrong BIN... its a b16 and i'm runnin a p28 rom... I would run a p72 eprom, but the only one i have is for a stock p72, and doesn't have boost maps...
Old 10-21-2003, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh yeah... the mechanical part... The ONLY thing that I changed from then to now is the ECU chip... thats it... Ran fair this morning on the way to work... just still pig rich...
Old 10-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anybody? bueller? bueller?
Old 10-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fixed... Wrong program... Had a p28 program... switched to a GSR program and made it myself and edited it, and it RIPS... Other issues, btu i'll do some more reading before i make another post...
Old 10-21-2003, 04:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ScrapinSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fixed... Wrong program... Had a p28 program... switched to a GSR program and made it myself and edited it, and it RIPS... Other issues, btu i'll do some more reading before i make another post... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good to see you got it fixed
Old 10-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! Car died! i'm stranded right now! (TeStUdO)

only issue i have now is, when i fixed the TPS wire, car would start, but i couldn't push the throttle or it would cut off completely... I could push like 3% at a time and it would slowly rev, but anymore than 3% and it would shut off, almost like it cut out the injectors completely... I cut the wire, and its back runnin normal again... I'm gonna try to backprobe the tps...
Old 10-21-2003, 04:44 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts