Notices

Having an odd issue.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Having an odd issue.....

Just boosted the car last weekend, its getting tuned on tuesday, but I still do have to get places, so I'm babying it. There's a pretty close, but still rich map programmed in, but the problem I'm having I don't think has to do with boost, but I'm not sure.
If I drive for an extended period of time where everything in the car is constant (say cruise control), then get off the highway and come to a stop... the car doesn't want to idle at a constant speed. It wants to drop to about 500 RPMs, and the oil pressure drops with it to 6 or 7 psi. If I shut the car off and start it back up, then it runs like normal.
It hasn't thrown a CEL for anything since I boosted it, and I just don't know what the problem could be. My only thoughts are the idle control valve is taking a crap, or it has something to do with the fact that I pulled the PCV valve out, replaced it with a hose nipple and hooked it up to a catchcan with a slashcut in the inlet pipe, but I think this is unlikely and unrelated.
The car has plenty of pressure when moving, and the vaccum seems alright as well. I'm kind of lost, I'd appreciate any insight if its a boost related problem, or a tuning related problem that should go away on tuesday when the car hits the dyno.
I'm running e-manage (yeah, yeah, but I don't have any other feasible option) w/ the ignition, injector and pressure harnesses and K-series injectors (310cc), heatrange 7 plugs gapped to .028. Everything is fine except for the scenario above. If I drive light to light, no problem at all.