Notices

h23 turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h23 turbo questions

i have a couple of questions here. they refer to a drag 3 on a 92 h23.

one is that when i bolted everything up and tried to put on my manifold, the wastegate is hitting my power steering bracket. Im guessing i just need to grind it out a little to make it fit, but didnt see anybody else with this setup have to do this.

the other question is about the oil return hose fitting on the turbo. I was told to have it facing down, but the way the turbo seats on the manifold it faces towards the block. Is this how it should be?

i also have the golden eagle distribution block that mounts on the oil filter. Am i correct in saying that for the oil feed line all i have to do is run the steel braided line from the distribution block to the oil feed(input) on the turbo? And which way should the oil feed(the brass 90) face? Up or down?

sorry for the nitpick questions. I just want to get it right. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no help here?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: h23 turbo questions (bayoufrogg)

1) h23's only have drag gen 2 kits available, the gen 3 was never released for the h23

2) Post a picture from where your WG is hitting. On the gen 2's the WG is nowhere near any PS lines/hoses. It actually is down by the bottom of the block.

3) Clock the turbo. You simply losen the bolts on the turbine and compressor housing, rotate it till the oil cartrige is perpendicular to the ground and then snug the bolts. They are 1/2" bolts.

4) You won't get the GE oil distribution block to fit in the 92 prelude if it's the one I'm thinking about. You'll need to get a 1/8" bspt to 1/8"npt brass T and run on the oil pressure sending unit location.

Old 08-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the golden eagle distribution block does fit. it was tight, but it works. Ive got that taken care of.

the shop i bought it from said it was a drag 3 setup and it says drag 3 on reciept. The turbo manifold has a main port right in the middle for the turbo in and then a second, smaller port higher and towards the driver side on the manifold. Thats where i was told the wastegate goes. it fits up perfectly on the manifold and is the only other thing that came in the kit which fits there, so i cant see it being anything else. the dump tube is the only other thing that has the same size port as the one on the manifold, but i was told it hooks up to wastegate.