Notices

H22 turbo emissions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 turbo emissions?

im planing on building my H22. My question is where I live I have to pass inspection. Not visual inspection but they read the obd2. If I were to build my engine with sleeves and 10.0:1 pistons would it be okay? Safe? Someone told me when is inspection time for me to disconnect the intake and plug my obd2 ecu and not let the turbo over spool. Will it work? If I build with 10.0:1 so is the same compression as factory.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: H22 turbo emissions?

Originally Posted by junior_tm
im planing on building my H22. My question is where I live I have to pass inspection. Not visual inspection but they read the obd2. If I were to build my engine with sleeves and 10.0:1 pistons would it be okay? Safe? Someone told me when is inspection time for me to disconnect the intake and plug my obd2 ecu and not let the turbo over spool. Will it work? If I build with 10.0:1 so is the same compression as factory.
that's going to be based upon how well the tuner does his job.

Your friend told you wrong. If you out the original ecu back into the car, you have to reinstall the original injectors, too. You only disconnect the intercooler pipe at the throttle body. You will not over spin the turbo, as the exhaust energy well only allow the turbo to reach vacuum and not positive pressure.

Performing only occurs from a sudden pressure shift (from a blown coupler at full boost pressure) that goes from positive manifold pressure to zero. That sudden change will cause a shift in the thrust bearing and shaft creating damage for both.. Not from simply disconnecting the coupler at the throttle body, and slowly climbing to positive pressure.

You're better off finding a "friendly" emissions tester to pay off, or don't go turbo at all
Old 11-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShodan
that's going to be based upon how well the tuner does his job.

Your friend told you wrong. If you out the original ecu back into the car, you have to reinstall the original injectors, too. You only disconnect the intercooler pipe at the throttle body. You will not over spin the turbo, as the exhaust energy well only allow the turbo to reach vacuum and not positive pressure.

Performing only occurs from a sudden pressure shift (from a blown coupler at full boost pressure) that goes from positive manifold pressure to zero. That sudden change will cause a shift in the thrust bearing and shaft creating damage for both.. Not from simply disconnecting the coupler at the throttle body, and slowly climbing to positive pressure.

You're better off finding a "friendly" emissions tester to pay off, or don't go turbo at all

so if I can't find a "friendly" emissions place, I can put my ecu, Stock injectors, and disconect the intercooler pipe I should be okay passing emissions?
Old 11-07-2016, 06:53 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by junior_tm
so if I can't find a "friendly" emissions place, I can put my ecu, Stock injectors, and disconect the intercooler pipe I should be okay passing emissions?
Hehe. You might. Hard to say. Emissions in GA is different from VA or MD, or CT, or NY. They all have different standards with different N02 criteria.
You'll know when you get there. Many people fail the 1st time, then see where they need to make changes.