Notices

h22 gt35r what will excactly will I need

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 gt35r what will excactly will I need

Finally got my maintnence done after 3 months of waiting on all parts got car running and about a week in since my power steering was deleted and not sealed my rack and pinion broke...so now I am just gonna do this right and throw it in a del sol of civic..my heads fully built and just got a wet kit for cheap and got some crower turbo/boost cams for the spray but decided to go with a big turbo.I'm lookin to do this right and keep posting but first I need to know what else I will probobly need and should I go gt30r or 35r??What you think?Also my buddy mentioned that I need a closed deck , re sleeve , and im sure pistons/rods this true?I know its high compression but just makin sure what it can handle?...thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 gt35r what will excactly will I need

Originally Posted by IemSpooled219
Finally got my maintnence done after 3 months of waiting on all parts got car running and about a week in since my power steering was deleted and not sealed my rack and pinion broke...so now I am just gonna do this right and throw it in a del sol of civic..my heads fully built and just got a wet kit for cheap and got some crower turbo/boost cams for the spray but decided to go with a big turbo.I'm lookin to do this right and keep posting but first I need to know what else I will probobly need and should I go gt30r or 35r??What you think?Also my buddy mentioned that I need a closed deck , re sleeve , and im sure pistons/rods this true?I know its high compression but just makin sure what it can handle?...thanks
a better question instead of which turbo would be better, would be what do you want to use the car for? and what are your power goals. since its a h22 i would go with the gt35 since it has a sweet spot for 2.0L and up engines; then again the 3076r would work too but it all depends upon what you want to use the caR for and how much power you plan to make
Old 07-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

as long as i make over 320 id be happy I plan for the car be possibly street probably just track though..and yeah I heard only difference between gt30 and 35r is a little more top end(for the 35r)
Old 07-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm just wondering what pistons to use and stuff for the bottom end??
Old 07-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by IemSpooled219
I'm just wondering what pistons to use and stuff for the bottom end??
CP makes great pistons (i would get 9:1 compression so it wont be dead out of boost) eagle makes some good rods, it really depends on how much you want to spend.

if you want your bottom end bullet proof get it sleeved by (benson, or golden eagle), get nice pistions like CP's and rods like (pauter, or carillo). i would get the crank micropolished, new bearings for the mains and the rods, and new seals for the bottom end and you should be good to go. ( the above block should make some nice power paired up with the accommodating turbo and manifold).

in addition for the turbos you have in question look at the graphs garret has on their website and pick for your self.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...R_714568_3.htm

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...30/GT3071R.htm

hope that helped.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by omiehomie
CP makes great pistons (i would get 9:1 compression so it wont be dead out of boost) eagle makes some good rods, it really depends on how much you want to spend.

if you want your bottom end bullet proof get it sleeved by (benson, or golden eagle), get nice pistions like CP's and rods like (pauter, or carillo). i would get the crank micropolished, new bearings for the mains and the rods, and new seals for the bottom end and you should be good to go. ( the above block should make some nice power paired up with the accommodating turbo and manifold).

in addition for the turbos you have in question look at the graphs garret has on their website and pick for your self.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...R_714568_3.htm

Well you have to sleeve it to run the CP's or do get press in liners like they do on closed deck V8 motors. Any machine shop will do it aslong as the h22 your using is closed deck. And for just 320 hp Je, Srp, Cp, Wies, mahle are all good pistons to use.
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...30/GT3071R.htm

hope that helped.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:39 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

You also need to state a budget for the turbo your going to get, the manifold, as not all turbos may fit correctly, and how you want the car to behave (drag, street/strip, etc). There are TONS of choices outside of the GT35R and GT30R, even though they are great choices. Do you understand the difference in journal bearing and ball-bearing cartridges other than one might be "better"? Do you understand the risks and responsibilities for such expensive units?

Just be careful, talk to people w/ similar setups to what you're trying to create, talk to the pros, get feedback. etc. Looking compressor maps are great, but if you don't know the math or the characteristics you're looking for (not to mention how to read such a map), it is useless.

You said it yourself. Take your time, do it right, and be as Specific as possible. Don't lie to yourself and you're needs trying to "figure it out". You'll more than likely be disappointed.

GL. PM me w/ questions.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The gt35r is overkill for 320whp. The new billet units from precision would be a great selection.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

awesome thanks for the help...and yes I understand the difference between the two..and I plan to make much more power than what I said im just sayin Id be happy with that but i want to go with a gt30r or 35r.Im startin to have an idea of what I need to do i am not really in a rush or have a budget like I said I just want to do this right because I am sick of maintnence problems